Gas Stations Not Always Competing to ...

Gas Stations Not Always Competing to Give Best Price

There are 28 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Nov 3, 2008, titled Gas Stations Not Always Competing to Give Best Price. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

Everywhere you drive, you see competing signs for the Shells, Exxons, and BPs -- gas stations of all kinds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
frank tuzinki

Brentwood, TN

#1 Nov 3, 2008
i want to comment on the phil williams story. i loved it. when i first moved to nashville in 1995 gas was always an average of $.10 cheaper here than my native PA but ever since gas has become as issue it is always at lesst $.10 more. i've been telling people we're getting gouged somehow. Very interesting story and i don't usually like this kind of stuff.
Terri in Columbia

Spring Hill, TN

#2 Nov 3, 2008
i would like to know how much the gas companies pay for a gallon of gas? what is there mark up?
podunk and proud

Smartt, TN

#3 Nov 4, 2008
its time to start arming youself because we will need them to take care of these crooks.
Nameless for no reason

Calhoun, LA

#4 Nov 4, 2008
Give me a break! Sam's being a part of WalMart, do you honestly believe they are selling anything for less than they paid for it?
Lindsey

Shelbyville, TN

#5 Nov 4, 2008
Gas in Greenbrier is $2.11 at both shells ...
LSDemarest

Irvine, CA

#6 Nov 4, 2008
I paid $1.99 at exit 105 in Manchester this morning for gas. Even in Murfreesboro it is almost 10 cents higher.
Nate

Nashville, TN

#7 Nov 4, 2008
The only thing that comes to mind is "No Sh!t Sherlock". If anybody actually paid any attention is that it has always appeared that the gas stations abroad are in cahoots with each other to better themselves with our wallets and nothing more. Definitely not competition that's for sure.

“In somnis veritas...”

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#8 Nov 4, 2008
I always knew there was more to the story... Well I'm just happy gas has gone below 2.50. I remember 5-6 years ago when gas was no more than 1.30. Everything that involves money these days makes me sick to my stomach. I'm ready to go back to a barter and trade system.
cloroxqueen

Smyrna, TN

#9 Nov 4, 2008
I recently moved back to Nashville from a state that has the right attitude about gas prices. All of the stations in the town that I lived in were the same price, that way it did not matter where you went, you knew it would be the same. Each city may have a different price, but all stations in that city would be the same
Emily

Columbia, TN

#10 Nov 4, 2008
Please do a similar comparison for gas stations in and around Spring Hill and Columbia - in Maury County we are paying high gas prices in comparison to those around us - like in Marshall and Lawrence Counties - I'd love to see an investigation as to why our prices here are so high -
Terry

Lexington, KY

#11 Nov 5, 2008
I'm visiting in Henderson, KY and gas is 2.05 a gallon and has dropped .02 in the week I've been here starting a 2.07. I can't believe that gas is still over 2.50 a gallon back in Nashville.

Why is gas so much cheaper here, heading to below 2 bucks a gallon, while still being almost 3 bucks a gallon in Nashville? Someone should do a study...
rmerriman

Anchorage, AK

#12 Nov 6, 2008
In Fairbanks Ak. today we're at 3.19
agarcia

Mcallen, TX

#13 Nov 7, 2008
gas prices should stay low forever!!!!
Terry

Lexington, KY

#14 Nov 8, 2008
Gas is now at 1.979 here, it's dropped 10 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks...what's the gas price in Nashville? I was thinking of going home today, but if it's still near 3 bucks, then I may have to extend my vacation time.:)

“In somnis veritas...”

Since: Oct 08

Nashville, TN

#15 Nov 8, 2008
Terry wrote:
Gas is now at 1.979 here, it's dropped 10 cents a gallon in the past 2 weeks...what's the gas price in Nashville? I was thinking of going home today, but if it's still near 3 bucks, then I may have to extend my vacation time.:)
My hubby saw gas in Hermitage for 2.11!!! We're on the way down!!!
Hippie Mama

Goodlettsville, TN

#16 Nov 8, 2008
Gas has been at 2.05 a gallon in Springfield for about a week now. I drive 15 minutes down the ridge and it's still 2.39. Why? It's been under $2 a gallon in KY for a couple weeks now.
jmf

Gallatin, TN

#17 Nov 8, 2008
At the Franklin exit (KY) gas was $2.01 yesterday. This is a big drop. Hope it stays that way. But, whats the od? A few months summer will be here again and family vacations, gas back up. I'm thankful today!! Worry about that when it happens
Terry

Charlotte, NC

#18 Nov 9, 2008
Ok, I'm back in Nashville now and on my way back, I'm noticing prices of gas. Here in Henderson, gas is 1.899 a gallon. Down in Hopkinsville, it's 1.919. And as we got to Clarksville, the price jumped to 2.099 a gallon. Then, as I got to Nashville..I saw gas at 2.299 a gallon..guess it was a good thing I filled up before I left Henderson, KY :)
Angry in Spring Hill

Dillon, SC

#19 Nov 10, 2008
Back in the late '80's the state passed a $0.10 gas tax. I remember this well since I was in college at the time. Luckily I went to college near the state boarder and would drive over the boarder to fill up. I wish I had that option now! I just got back from Memphis on Friday, I was pleasantly surprised to see that gas in Spring Hill was actually a little cheaper here.
Hippie Mama

Goodlettsville, TN

#20 Nov 10, 2008
2.03 in Springfield this morning...under $2 here we come...hopefully:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WKU added to Wildcats' football schedule (Mar '08) Apr '14 Big Mac 13
News HALE: Blunt's apology should be good enough (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill Webb 1
News Blue Raiders to face run-heavy Navy in Armed Fo... (Dec '13) Dec '13 frmrder12 1
News UTEP football: Miners look for positives in finale (Dec '13) Dec '13 Semi Godo 1
News So you slaugtered a creampuff - I Say Big Deal (Sep '10) Sep '10 lockleyfan 1
News 5 Questions for MTSU's 2010 season (Sep '10) Sep '10 fws 1
News Gophers defense planning to put the heat on rep... (Aug '10) Sep '10 oxboro 40
More from around the web