National television games give FAU football valuable exposure

Florida Atlantic's drive for recognition will get a boost this season as four of the Owls' games will be on national television. Full Story
McGruff

Houston, TX

#1 Jul 9, 2008
Moron article mentions the Big Ten network and forgets to include which game that is.
Mike Honcho

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 9, 2008
What good is exposure if you are limiting the number of freshmen every year? Or if your track record of raising tuition yearly is not something to be proud of? Who wants that?

Since: Mar 08

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Jul 9, 2008
FAU's football program is far more advanced than FIU's. I love it.
Four Points

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Jul 9, 2008
1) The Big Ten Network game is FAU at Minnesota.

2) The number of freshmen admitted every year is a peripheral issue to football and was dictated by state budget cuts. Incidentally, it also makes FAU a more selective school, thus allowing them to admit the more motivated, brighter students they've always wanted to admit in high numbers.

3) FAU is raising tuition by 6 percent whereas other schools in the state are raising it 15%. Since FAU has a lower faculty to student ratio than a lot of those schools and is now cheaper than those schools, it makes more sense for smart students to choose FAU.

4) This article is about FAU football. GO OWLS
Leo

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Jul 9, 2008
FAU's team is going to be AMAZING this year! I can't wait! The whole world is going to see it! Rusty is going to throw for 40 TDs! Eric McIntosh and Tavious Polo are each going to have an interception in the Texas game! GO OWLS BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!1
Reality

Ocala, FL

#6 Jul 9, 2008
More exposure for Florida football teams. Hell yeah...
FAU 05

Coral Gables, FL

#7 Jul 9, 2008
Like Schnelly said more exposure for the program is great. That way the NFL scouts find their way to Boca. Players get drafted, good recruits come down to play for us and we win all around. GO OWLS!!
Dave

United States

#8 Jul 9, 2008
Does playing a football game on a weeknight broadcasted by ESPN 8 - The Ocho or a regional sports cable channel that most people need dish service to watch really qualify as a "Nationally Televised game"???

Heck, even games on ABC are regional. We get stuck with a lot of crappy ACC games while there is a much better PAC-10 or Big 12 game on TV. CBS has a great deal by televising SEC games from coast to coast.
John

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Jul 10, 2008
FAU will be playing on ESPN2.. not ESPN8. Don't know where you got that from.
SeminOwl2006

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Jul 12, 2008
Just glad I'll be able to watch from Amsterdam. Got my season tickets set up so that I can continue to get them when we have our new Stadium. Die Hard Owls. GO OWLS BEAT TEXAS!

“Yes, it's Steve”

Since: Jun 07

Wellington

#11 Jul 29, 2008
FAU will have a better record than that has-been team in Miami

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WKU added to Wildcats' football schedule (Mar '08) Apr '14 Big Mac 13
HALE: Blunt's apology should be good enough (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bill Webb 1
Blue Raiders to face run-heavy Navy in Armed Fo... (Dec '13) Dec '13 frmrder12 1
UTEP football: Miners look for positives in finale (Dec '13) Dec '13 Semi Godo 1
So you slaugtered a creampuff - I Say Big Deal (Sep '10) Sep '10 lockleyfan 1
5 Questions for MTSU's 2010 season (Sep '10) Sep '10 fws 1
Gophers defense planning to put the heat on rep... (Aug '10) Sep '10 oxboro 40
More from around the web