Ohio.com - City prosecutor elected Barberton municipal judge

There are 8 comments on the Nov 6, 2007, Akron Beacon Journal story titled Ohio.com - City prosecutor elected Barberton municipal judge. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Akrocentric: Rita Dove's former professor at Miami U spills the beans; poet and novelist Jim Reiss discusses Buchtel High School, Rita Dove's early years as a poet All Da King's Men: You Better Impeach Them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

SDespot

Cleveland, OH

#1 Nov 7, 2007
This is BAD news for Barberton. Why would voters elect this guy? He is an idiot! This guy plays favorites and he was not a good prosecutor. This guy has, and always will, fail to get all the correct facts before making a decision. He was always more concerned about making a conviction as opposed to getting the real facts behind a situation and convicting the REAL criminals.

He had an opportunity in 2000 to solve some issues where my life was in danger and he failed to do so. People threatened to burn down my house, they destroyed my property, keyed my car, and threatened my safety when I was out in public. He failed to do anything about it and I lived for a long time looking behind my back all the time.

These people even went as far as tapping into my house phone box and making phone calls back to their home after setting up a trace on their line and also putting phone numbers into my text messages to try and get me to call them. They left obscene messages and threatened me over the phone and voice mail.

Fish failed to do anything about this and instead treated me as if I was the one who was wrong. This man should be questioned before taking the bench here in Barberton.

I could get into extreme details here, but, for the sake of message boards, I will keep it to a minimum so that you can get a general idea of the kind of moron you elected to be the next judge here in town.

Just remember, there was a Barberton man named Clarence Elkins who also went through the system and Fish was involved with that too.

Since: Oct 07

Akron, OH

#2 Nov 7, 2007
Congratulations, Dave Fish!! Unlike this guy that posted before me, I have nothing but good things to say about Dave.
MORONS

Hudson, OH

#3 Nov 7, 2007
All is well wrote:
Congratulations, Dave Fish!! Unlike this guy that posted before me, I have nothing but good things to say about Dave.
Actually, the guy before you is right. Fish is a dumb move for Barberton.
in the know

Lowellville, OH

#4 Nov 7, 2007
Dave Fish is a good man and will be a great Judge.
SDespot

Hudson, OH

#5 Nov 7, 2007
in the know wrote:
Dave Fish is a good man and will be a great Judge.
This is the funniest thing posted to these boards all day!
Joyce Anderson

Avon Lake, OH

#6 Nov 20, 2007
Yesterday in Barberton Court he, and Judge Macko did the right thing related to a pit bull attacking a boxer with, the owner of the pit bull being injured in the process. As a witness to this vicious dog fight and, the owners injuries I can't think of a better law for our Ohio Legislators to pass than to ban the 'class' of vicious dogs....Thank you David Fish and, Judge Macko for protecting the residents in our neighborhood, the officers and, the City........
One term as Judge- Fish

Louisville, KY

#7 Apr 8, 2009
Fish has no business being on the bench. He holds grudges when he loses, has in my case, practiced prosecutorial misconduct, but it was too late to do anything about it as he PURPOSEFULLY WITHHELD EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE! He was a terrible prosecutor; I beat him at trial, as stated, he holds a grudge, HE WASN'T EVEN PREPARED! THAT'S HIS FAULT! I beat him on the stand and I'm no attorney. Verdict came back in less than an hour, not guilty. He let people stalk me, vandalize my property and did nothing. I believe he will have only one term on the bench; yoo many people will come out against him for these kind of reasons, I GUARANTEE IT!
One term as Judge- Fish

Louisville, KY

#8 Apr 8, 2009
SDespot wrote:
This is BAD news for Barberton. Why would voters elect this guy? He is an idiot! This guy plays favorites and he was not a good prosecutor. This guy has, and always will, fail to get all the correct facts before making a decision. He was always more concerned about making a conviction as opposed to getting the real facts behind a situation and convicting the REAL criminals.
He had an opportunity in 2000 to solve some issues where my life was in danger and he failed to do so. People threatened to burn down my house, they destroyed my property, keyed my car, and threatened my safety when I was out in public. He failed to do anything about it and I lived for a long time looking behind my back all the time.
These people even went as far as tapping into my house phone box and making phone calls back to their home after setting up a trace on their line and also putting phone numbers into my text messages to try and get me to call them. They left obscene messages and threatened me over the phone and voice mail.
Fish failed to do anything about this and instead treated me as if I was the one who was wrong. This man should be questioned before taking the bench here in Barberton.
I could get into extreme details here, but, for the sake of message boards, I will keep it to a minimum so that you can get a general idea of the kind of moron you elected to be the next judge here in town.
Just remember, there was a Barberton man named Clarence Elkins who also went through the system and Fish was involved with that too.
You say it well; no one worse could've been elected. HE'S DIRTY

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

MAC Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio Bobcats vs. Kent State Golden Flashes: Gam... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News Eastern Michigan Eagles vs Morgan State Bears G... (Aug '14) Aug '14 adriana 1
News 2015 Akron Football Recruiting: Wayne Claringto... (Jun '14) Jun '14 247 sports 1
News 2014 Miami Basketball Recruiting Class: RedHawk... (May '14) May '14 ohhs baller 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ranking the Best Mid-American Conference Footba... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Brenda 1
News Ohio.com - Highland Square waits for grocery (Nov '07) Dec '13 CleveGaL_inSquare 105
More from around the web