Michigan hangs on to beat Clemson

Michigan hangs on to beat Clemson

There are 6 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Michigan hangs on to beat Clemson. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

Shot after shot clanged off the rim, if they hit anything at all. Jumpers, 3-pointers, layups -- didn't matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

Since: Dec 08

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2009

“Somebody Stop Me”

Since: Nov 08

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Yeah, after listening to all that trash talking from the Spartans last year while Michigan was having the catastrophic football season I decided to quit rooting for the Spartans and start rooting for the Wolverines. I became a Spartan fan after being a loyal Wolverine fan my entire life. That was twenty years ago. I was upset that Bo Schembechler never won a national championship and I got sick of being punched in the solar plexus every year either during the season ending game with Ohio State or in the Rose Bowl. But Michigan State has only won a single National Championship in Basketball under Izzo during that entire twenty years so to me he is a one shot wonder and that is not reason enough to maintain my allegiance to State’s sports programs. At best, they will virtually always be the bridesmaids in every sport they participate in. The possible exclusion being hockey, which I don’t watch anymore since the NHL threw an entire year on the scrap heap for money.
oj simpson

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Mar 19, 2009
real news, finally!!! sports.

Madison, WI

#4 Mar 19, 2009
Awwwwwww, it's too bad Michigan won.... they really suck!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Mar 20, 2009
one of the three that i got incorrect yesterday. meh.
Mark Luxford

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2009
I'm a State fan, but I was glad to see Michigan win yesterday. Intra-state rivalries are always more fun when both teams are good. I don't think the Wolverines' run in the tournament will be a long one, but I'm glad to see signs of improvement in their program.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Wolverines NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trey Burke Apologizes to the Jazz Because Photo... (Oct '14) Oct '14 budct 1
News Michigan's All Wasn't Enough (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Rookie Projections: Trey Burke (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alien Truth 3
News Trey Burke determined to stay confident after s... (Jul '13) Jul '13 MichiganSUCKS 1
News Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
News Timberwolves trade Burke to Jazz, get UCLA guar... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Brew In 1
News Pelicans GM sees wide variety of possible outco... (Jun '13) Jun '13 phizzagget 1
More from around the web