Illinois clobbers Michigan

Illinois clobbers Michigan

There are 15 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Illinois clobbers Michigan. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Illinois center Mike Tisdale scored 24 points and guard Demetri McCamey added 17 in the Illini's 66-51 victory over No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

amj67

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2009
For a colorful Illini blog perspective on the game, see:

http://dagblog.com/sports/twin-killing-illini...
ty welke

Ramona, CA

#2 Jan 14, 2009
Sweet Revenge in Champaign vs. Big Blue

They will go as far as their big guyscan take them in 2009.

Their guards are plenty good enough to compete in Big Ten.

6 of 29 shooting in second half for Michigan? 20 points! HA.

Rough waters ahead for Illini, but this is a big start !!
ty welke

Ramona, CA

#3 Jan 14, 2009
Mike Tisdale,

NICE "REBOUND" from 1/4 Ann Arbor game

ILLINI..........DITTO !!!
GA IL Alum

Savannah, GA

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Has anyone noticed that ILLINOIS and DUKE have essentially the same record.
Are their national rankings anywhere the same? I'm just saying...
BobinATL

Norcross, GA

#5 Jan 15, 2009
GA IL Alum:

Duke is ranked there because it is Duke. They have their Dickie V. built in fan club to make sure that they stay that way. They did not look that good against a less-than-average Georgia Tech team last night.
Tom

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jan 15, 2009
The silence is deafening from Bill Self in Amesbury, MA. He must be deathly sick looking at our 15-2 record. Great win Illini!
ty welke

Ramona, CA

#8 Jan 15, 2009
I doubt Self has any remorse or regrets leaving Illinois for Kansas...another storied program like Duke. Illini are not quite at that echelon. He did not leave Illinois due to $$. He went to Kansas based on its reputation and history. It was a wise choice by him. Lon Krueger left for NBA $$. HE may well be the one with regrets over that decision while score-watching at UNLV. He was another great coach.
dean

Trivoli, IL

#9 Jan 15, 2009
Tom wrote:
The silence is deafening from Bill Self in Amesbury, MA. He must be deathly sick looking at our 15-2 record. Great win Illini!
Tom - I was thinking the same thing. I almost, I said almost, miss the wisdom that he shared. As the resident Bruce Weber hater, it is a difficult time for him. Go Illini.
dean

Trivoli, IL

#10 Jan 15, 2009
ty welke wrote:
I doubt Self has any remorse or regrets leaving Illinois for Kansas...another storied program like Duke. Illini are not quite at that echelon. He did not leave Illinois due to $$. He went to Kansas based on its reputation and history. It was a wise choice by him. Lon Krueger left for NBA $$. HE may well be the one with regrets over that decision while score-watching at UNLV. He was another great coach.
Ty - the Bill Self that Tom & I refer to is some fool from Amesbury MA, who, while he claims to be an Illini alum, finds it hard to say anything good about the Illini. His anti-Bruce Weber line has been keeping many fired up, including me, on the Tribune Illini column forum for some time. With the Illini's recent success he is conspicuous by his absence.

“Go Cubs Go!”

Since: Sep 07

Homewood

#11 Jan 15, 2009
dean wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom - I was thinking the same thing. I almost, I said almost, miss the wisdom that he shared. As the resident Bruce Weber hater, it is a difficult time for him. Go Illini.
Same goes for me, I what happend to our resident sage?

Funny thing is Purdue found out how to stop the Illini, they just couldn't hit their free throws. They never left Meachem open the entire game. And if he did touch the ball he was immediately double teamed. Without a open perimeter shot from Meachem the Illini should have lost that game, because no one else was hitting from outside.
GA IL alum

Savannah, GA

#12 Jan 15, 2009
I get the Duke history, but that doesn't mean entitlement. I live in the heart of ACC/SEC country so we get our fill of Duke and the Heels. With the exception of Florida,and sometimes KY,SEC basketball is the polar opposite of their football.
illinifan

Chicago, IL

#13 Jan 15, 2009
GA IL Alum wrote:
Has anyone noticed that ILLINOIS and DUKE have essentially the same record.
Are their national rankings anywhere the same? I'm just saying...
You should look at ESPN's NCAA Bball power rankings. I think its a little more accurate than any of the poles, though it still shows the classic ESPN slant (Illinois is #24 currently, and they have been as high as #17).

I haven't seen Duke play too often, but they probably deserve to be in the Top 10, if not Top 5.
illinifan

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 15, 2009
Tom wrote:
He might have gotten banned. He left some pretty obscene comments a few times.
ty welke

Ramona, CA

#15 Jan 15, 2009
It is good to see some posts from Illinois on recent Illini success. I was starting to think nobody cared.

Also, thanks for insight on "the other Bill Self". I wondered how MA. played into the scenario as the real BS (uh-oh) is from Oklahoma.

Go Illini
illinifan

Chicago, IL

#16 Jan 15, 2009
illinifan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should look at ESPN's NCAA Bball power rankings. I think its a little more accurate than any of the poles, though it still shows the classic ESPN slant (Illinois is #24 currently, and they have been as high as #17).
I haven't seen Duke play too often, but they probably deserve to be in the Top 10, if not Top 5.
I meant "polls", not "poles". I never proof read.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michigan Wolverines NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trey Burke Apologizes to the Jazz Because Photo... (Oct '14) Oct '14 budct 1
News Michigan's All Wasn't Enough (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Rookie Projections: Trey Burke (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alien Truth 3
News Trey Burke determined to stay confident after s... (Jul '13) Jul '13 MichiganSUCKS 1
News Tim Hardaway Jr. selected by the New York Knick... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Henry O 1
News Timberwolves trade Burke to Jazz, get UCLA guar... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Brew In 1
News Pelicans GM sees wide variety of possible outco... (Jun '13) Jun '13 phizzagget 1
More from around the web