Lawmakers urge NFLto air Patriots game

Battered by angry lawmakers, the National Football League Thursday offered a glimmer of hope to New England Patriots fans eager to watch next Saturday's potentially historic showdown with the New York Giants ... Full Story
Steve

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Dec 20, 2007
I hope we DON'T get to see the game and it is spectacular, like the Heidi Game of the 60s. Then there will be pressure to the NFL and their monopoly with Direct TV, so I guess the NFL Network breaks up the monopoly? One game?

There are so many avenues of SECURE ways of paying to see a game via cable, phone/cable and of course the internet. I contacted Attorney General Richard Blumenthal's office but I guess there wasn't enough free money involved so they don't want to get involved. Thanks Dick! Hope you want to see the game and can't!!!!
fred

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 21, 2007
Patriots fans are a bunch of freakin cry babies. Pay the $$$....watch the game. Don't pay? Read about it in the paper in the morning. Aren't there more important things to worry about?
vegas

United States

#3 Dec 21, 2007
some reporter did not do his homework . . . the game will be broadcast on NY WWOR Channel 9, which is in Cablevisions Broadcast basic in lower Fairfield County aka southwestern CT
robert

Glen Burnie, MD

#5 Dec 21, 2007
i am a die hard patriots fan, since 1979 when i was 7 years old, and i want to see every patriots game, we are america's team, move out the way Dallas
robert

Glen Burnie, MD

#6 Dec 21, 2007
i am from Baltimore, MD born and raise, and i am a die hard patriots fan since 1979, the patriots are the reason i am still living or want to live
cnski

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2007
It's great that our legislators know whats really important.We need to televise the Giants, who left Fairfield for Albany training camp & the Patriots, who used Hartford & Gov. Rowland to get a better deal on a new stadium in Foxboro. Great work guys, the homeless & unemployed appreciate your efforts!!!!
tka15

Stamford, CT

#8 Dec 21, 2007
cool that it's being shown on Ch. 9.. but Cablevision still sucks
Anonymous

Waterville, ME

#9 Dec 21, 2007
The NFL Network and it's demands are absolutely stupid. As ticked off as I am that I'm going to miss the Pat's game, I don't blame the cable companies at all. It's stupid to be made to pay an unreasonalbe amount of money for what amounts to 8 games in a year. Only one of which I even care about. If it were not for the Patriots game that most of us in New England are going to miss because of the greed of the NFL, I personally wouldn't give two hoots about the NFL Network to begin with. I love football and am a die hard Patriots fan, but the NFL Network should stick it where the sun don't shine and go away.
Rocco

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

#10 Dec 21, 2007
All you who have cable - get a life and get a satellite dish on your roof. All the channels are broadcast in digital format. When I had cable last, several years ago, they wanted $66 month for what they called "the family package" - but NO premium channels whatsoever - what a ripoff !!! Now, if you want digital cable, you have to pay extra for a digital receiver. My plasma HD TV works quite fine with direct TV HD receiver, I;ve never had a reason to explore the cable company furter- their TV service stinks and their internet service cannot compete with AT&T's ADSL service. Cable simply cannot compete with satellite, its cheaper, better picture quality and best of all - the NFL channel.
So cable subscribers - cut your cable and get a dish - it is a WAY BETTER DEAL !!
tka15

Stamford, CT

#11 Dec 21, 2007
GO GIANTS!!!
The fan

Oxford, CT

#12 Dec 21, 2007
Go Patriots!!!
Greedy Bast=rds..........
nfl on the web

Encinitas, CA

#13 Dec 21, 2007
if they really wanted to. they could stream any game on their website. no reason you cant see the game

Since: Dec 07

Stratford

#14 Dec 21, 2007
Such grandstanding by the politicians, Cablevision isn't regulated and the NFL has an antitrust exemption, so the pols have a win/win on who's the bad boy as long as you forget how they got that way.

If this is an issue now it was an issue when the schedule was announced and an issue the night the Cowboys played the Packers weeks ago for the best record in the NFC. But guess what, this will be resolved at some point and when you're flush with excitement about being able to watch games 95% of the time you could care less about you won't notice the tug on your back pocket. And then the politicians will rip Cablevision.

As far as I'm concerned, 75% of the country wouldn't see the game anyway even if it was on a Sunday. And if I don't get to see a Cowboy game then why should someone in Irving see a Patriots game?

As Dennis Leary said, "Life isn't fair. Wear a f**king helmet."
coolg

Amston, CT

#15 Dec 21, 2007
who cares the cardinals will win.
coolg

Amston, CT

#16 Dec 21, 2007
robert wrote:
i am a die hard patriots fan, since 1979 when i was 7 years old, and i want to see every patriots game, we are america's team, move out the way Dallas
we are america's team LOL patriots SUCK
sunsetter

AOL

#17 Dec 22, 2007
I see an NFL product boycott! It's not like they don't make enough money as it is. And, if everyone really gave a sh*t they'd let the morons feel it in their back pockets. Money talks, bullshi*t walks and the Pats/Giants game is off the main wire.

As far as I'm concerned the NFL network can kiss my lilly white *ss!
requiem

Woodbridge, CT

#18 Dec 26, 2007
vegas wrote:
some reporter did not do his homework ... the game will be broadcast on NY WWOR Channel 9, which is in Cablevisions Broadcast basic in lower Fairfield County aka southwestern CT
Guess what! There is more to connecticut than Fairfield county, you jackass

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 4, 2011
Patriots will be a good team team this season. Best of luck to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Hurricanes NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Despite QB hype, FSU-Miami winner may rush to g... Nov '14 Silverfox1951 3
Um QB Brad Kaaya awaits first test against Fsu Nov '14 Tiny Tim 1
Allen Hurns making strides as Jaguars rookie re... Aug '14 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Miami football players JaWand Blue, Alexander F... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Kay on NFL: 'I think I will get a shot somewhere' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chip Andrews 1
Miami Football: Time for the Canes to Get Ryan ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jimmysegal 2
Miami Hurricanes quarterback Stephen Morris not... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Roberto Realist 1
More from around the web