Memphis RB gets one more chance to impress

There are 2 comments on the El Paso Times story from Feb 2, 2010, titled Memphis RB gets one more chance to impress. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

On the afternoon of Oct. 10, 2009, Curtis Steele's career was at a crossroads. The Memphis tailback was coming off a knee injury that had him either out or limited for four consecutive games.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Hernandez

El Paso, TX

#1 Feb 3, 2010
I have yet to miss this Texas vs the Nation All Star Game and I always have a great time.

What worries me is that this Texas vs the Nation All Star Game will not survive or will end up leaving El Paso to another city. I say this because the Texas vs the Nation All Star Game does not get enough local media support. As it is El Paso is a tough city to grow things and events especially new events like this All Star Game needs lots and lots of local media support. Look at the El Paso Generals. They folded after their first season and they made it to the IFL Championship. Even the Rumble before them failed. Not even the El Paso Seminoles, formerly known as the El Paso Brawlers, are getting sufficient support from the local media.

This Texas vs the Nation All Star game needs lots of support from local media in El Paso. What I don't understand is why is NOT the local media from El Paso covering this Texas vs the Nation All Star Game in more depth and helping it out?

ELPASOTIMES.COM is doing somewhat of a decent job but they can do alot better especially with all the resources they have and with the old medium they are still practicing in the distribution of a newspaper. Sad thing about the newspaper is that not every person buys it anymore especially football buffs like myself who access the internet by laptops and cell phones.

EPGRIDIRON.COM has nothing on the Texas vs the Nation All Star Game on their website and this is a website that has all the El Paso football fanatics in one place. I have done research on this website and it has been around like 5 years almost the same amount of time as the Texas vs the Nation All Star Game. I have been visiting this website since 2007 and I have never seen anything in regards to Texas vs the Nation.

KVIA.COM is doing a terrible job at it on their website and I believe they are some kind of a sponsor with Texas vs the Nation. They have a Texas vs the Nation logo on their website and a article of the Texas vs the Nation of Alabama's 2 players but that's it. Terrible!!!

ALLSTARFOOTBALLCLASIC.COM has nothing on Texas vs the Nation on their website and Texas vs the Nation is actually sponsoring their all star high school football game. What kind of appreciation towards Texas vs the Nation is that? Where's the gratitude. They only have Texas vs the Nation as a all district sponsor. Just a few words. What a slap to the face.

KTSM.COM has nothing on it on their website.

KFOX.COM has nothing on it on their website.

KDBC.COM has nothing on it on their website.

I don't know if it's the Texas vs the Nation staff that is doing a poor job at working with local media in El Paso or if the local media in El Paso just wants nothing to do with Texas vs the Nation. Or maybe it could be that businesses in El Paso simply do not know how to work together to grow things.

Whatever the problem might be people from these businesses better work together fast if this Texas vs the Nation All Star Game is to survive and remain in El Paso. I would hate to see it fold.

(I copied and pasted this from another article because I totally agree with it.)
El Paso Proud

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 5, 2010
El Paso Times keep it going. Don't stop writing these little Texas vs the Nation tid bits. This Texas vs the Nation event needs more media attention.

When you have an event that gives out over 10,000 Free tickets to Soldiers from Fort Bliss that is a problem and less revenue for the event.

When you have an event that gives out 1000's of Free Student Vouchers to city schools with a Buy 1 ticket valued at $16 or less and receive one ticket of equal or lesser value for FREE gimmick that tells you that the Texas vs the Nation is struggling in filling up seats by actually selling the tickets rather than giving thousands upon thousands away. This is a problem and it is getting worse. Giving the house for Free never lasts.

Texas vs the Nation event needs the medias help. It needs more from you EL PASO TIMES and especially more from medias that cover El Paso sports like EPGRIDIRON.COM , KVIA.COM , KTSM.COM , and KDBC.COM .

El Paso Times you are doing an nice job but it needs the Texas vs the Nation event needs more if it is to survive and remain in El Paso. Work harder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Memphis NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon (Feb '14) Feb '14 Marcavage s Trick 8
News Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
News NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting Which 20... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Preston Hubbard 1
News NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
News Memphis Tigers off target on 3-point tries, sho... (Dec '12) Dec '12 RDL 1
News Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
News Stephen Morris X-Rays negative, Ryan Williams m... (Oct '12) Oct '12 canes4life 5
More from around the web