Exciting finish as UTEP beats Memphis...

Exciting finish as UTEP beats Memphis 16-13

There are 16 comments on the El Paso Times story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Exciting finish as UTEP beats Memphis 16-13. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Dakota Warren nailed a game-winning field goal with no time left on the clock to lift UTEP to a 16-13 win over Memphis on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

MinerInIraq

Sterling, VA

#1 Sep 25, 2010
utep won a close one?? sweet.
so what

El Paso, TX

#2 Sep 26, 2010
MinerInIraq wrote:
utep won a close one?? sweet.
Yeah, against a team that will probably not win one game this season... UTEP was their only chance
So What

El Paso, TX

#3 Sep 26, 2010
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, against a team that will probably not win one game this season... UTEP was their only chance
They've already won one game, bonehead. And quit using my handle.
Just me

El Paso, TX

#4 Sep 26, 2010
so what wrote:
<quoted text>
I take It your an Idiot from another team... Probably NMSU? WAAAAAAAHHH.... I HEAR A FAGGIE CRYING....How 'Bout them Faggies... Got their Butts handed to them... HAHAHAHAHAHA
Chico

Dallas, TX

#5 Sep 26, 2010
A Win I will take it!
purple

El Paso, TX

#6 Sep 26, 2010
At the EP/Memphis game, many UTEP so-called fans booed the UTEP team as they left the field. My family brought out of town friends to the game and sat near the UTEP players' family section. The booing not only surprised the out of town guests who earlier commented about El Paso's reputation of being friendly but one could see the shock on the faces of the players and the members of their family. When you support a university, you are to support it's players and their families who lend and sacrifice their sons to represent UTEP in a dangerous sport. At least the players' families showed class and restraint.
Bobby

El Paso, TX

#7 Sep 26, 2010
purple wrote:
At the EP/Memphis game, many UTEP so-called fans booed the UTEP team as they left the field. My family brought out of town friends to the game and sat near the UTEP players' family section. The booing not only surprised the out of town guests who earlier commented about El Paso's reputation of being friendly but one could see the shock on the faces of the players and the members of their family. When you support a university, you are to support it's players and their families who lend and sacrifice their sons to represent UTEP in a dangerous sport. At least the players' families showed class and restraint.
Hey purple - the fans are paying for the education of these athletes and the salaries of the staff and the fans expect some effort. When I buy a ticket, it doesn't say that I can't Boo a bad performance. When I show support, I expect a decent or respectable return on my money and time. If the team and coaches can't handle adversity, they are in the wrong business. These are young men, adults, not 1st graders.
hard to be optimistic

El Paso, TX

#8 Sep 26, 2010
i didnt boo but i sure felt like booing many times during the game. when an offense cant punch it in from inside the 2 yd line twice then the coaches are not doing there job, or dont have the right personnel in there, but hopefully with buckram's return he'll create enough confusion in defenses to score tpouchdowns when inside the 5 yd line. also why couldn't utep play the way it did on the final drive throughout the game? utep is very lucky to get a win but of course vs a team which self destructs like utep tends to do.
Amigo Man

Heerlen, Netherlands

#9 Sep 26, 2010
El Paso fans are pathetic...well, the ones that didn't even make it to the game that is.

How is it that only 29k fans went after seeing them win 2 out of 3 times?

Boise State built up it's program by rabidly supporting its team. The stadium rocks for every game and they sell out every time.

And Boise is much smaller than EP.

I don't understand the booing either, but at least those fans went to the game.
purple is gay

Newcastle, CA

#10 Sep 26, 2010
purple wrote:
stupid purple.
Why are we going to support crappy teamwork?? I can freaking boo all i want. These "student-athletes" are a joke, especially football players! So if they're not doing good on the field, they're gonna hear about it.
In the classroom they're smart asses, they think just because they're "athletes" they can do whatever they want. They constantly interrupt class, not with questions about class material but with childish behavior. Throwing papers at each other like little kids, being on their cell phones when instructors strictly prohibit them, even when teachers still call their attention about their cell phone use. SLEEPING!!!! Regularly showing up late, talking amongst each other. Basically, just crapping all over my learning experience. So yeah, if they're not doing what they do best, I have a right to BOOOOOO them all I want.
purple

El Paso, TX

#11 Sep 26, 2010
your argument is weak...why don't you Boo them in the classroom and make a difference instead of hiding behind 20,000 people!
Miner student

El Paso, TX

#12 Sep 26, 2010
Yeah I heard the booing...I think the crowd needs to stop that. There were some scout prospects on the sideline watching the game, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to commit to a school that has fans booing at them.

I can understand the frustration of the crowd...The miners were playing lackadaisical, no effort, and dropping a lot of easy passes...

Well the defense was playing their @$$es off, but the offense....meh...:/
ese vato

United States

#13 Sep 26, 2010
You people whining about the booing need to stop. You sound like a bunch of friggin morons. "oh my goodness, out of town guests heard booing, oh my my tsk tsk". Who the hell was your guest the queen of england??? In case you didnt notice after halftime the team picked it up and pulled out the win, so maybe the booing helped. Football is a sport for men, not whiners. Booing is part of it, why the hell should fans cheer if the team is stinkin it up? Youre a bunch of snotty morons, if you dont like it stay home, that way you wont get your feelings hurt. I dont go to the UTEP games to impress out of towners or recruits. I was one of the ones booing, and when the team isnt playing up to par, I'll do it again. I hope you are sitting next to me when I do and you can bring it up to me then! See you at the game!
ese vato

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2010
purple wrote:
your argument is weak...why don't you Boo them in the classroom and make a difference instead of hiding behind 20,000 people!
You seriously need to STFU. Your comment makes no sense, moron who the hell boos during a class??? You must be a couple of french fries short of a happy meal, freak.
Karen

El Paso, TX

#15 Sep 26, 2010
Miner student wrote:
Yeah I heard the booing...I think the crowd needs to stop that. There were some scout prospects on the sideline watching the game, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to commit to a school that has fans booing at them.
I can understand the frustration of the crowd...The miners were playing lackadaisical, no effort, and dropping a lot of easy passes...
Well the defense was playing their @$$es off, but the offense....meh...:/
Then fill the stadium with students 'Miner student'. A couple thousand out of 22,000 students enrolled is pathetic. Take the BOOING seats and fill them with your fellow students next time. Until then, purchasing a $25.00 ticket gives me the right to BOO if I want.
purple is gay

Newcastle, CA

#16 Sep 26, 2010
purple wrote:
ese vato is right! who the hell boos during a class. We, not just me but other students as well, give them a look that basically means "Are you stupid?" Yet, they resort to their immature behavior as if its nothing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Memphis NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb '16 Fart news 89
News First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon (Feb '14) Feb '14 Marcavage s Trick 8
News Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
News NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting Which 20... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Preston Hubbard 1
News NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
News Memphis Tigers off target on 3-point tries, sho... (Dec '12) Dec '12 RDL 1
News Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
More from around the web