Cannon Smith, Son Of Fedex Ceo, Is Tigers' Starting QB

Full story: WREG 34
Memphis coach Larry Porter has settled on his starting quarterback, and he picked sophomore Cannon Smith to make his first collegiate start at Mississippi State in the season opener Saturday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Preachersdaughte r

Memphis, TN

#1 Aug 30, 2010
OBHS in the house!!!!! Good luck Cannon, Larry and the Tigers!
red

Hernando, MS

#2 Aug 30, 2010
yeaahhh , so much for giving the next guy a chance. this kid better be able to play.
In the know

Memphis, TN

#3 Aug 30, 2010
Good for him....I hear he is a great Talent and just need the opportunity to play. I think it will be good for the Tigers. And good luck to this young Man. It's hard to make a Name for yourself when your Dad is Fred Smith but i pray all Tiger fans give this young Man a chance. His Dad is famous and i know as a Father he just want People to judge his Son on his talent. GO TIGERS
pegasus

Collierville, TN

#4 Aug 30, 2010
SOPHOMORE?!?!? He's 23!!! Been to 2?3?4? colleges?
WHAT

Memphis, TN

#5 Aug 30, 2010
I'm sure his dad had everything to do with decision!
TNLAWDAD

Kenilworth, NJ

#6 Aug 30, 2010
Maybe you could post some real news....
Okay

Memphis, TN

#7 Aug 30, 2010
Way to go to keep you job. Pick the most giving (financially) person's son for the quarterback. Everybody should have seen that coming.
Stop Snitchin

Memphis, TN

#8 Aug 30, 2010
WOW - Money can by anything...

but if he can't play it will show. So the pressure is on him....
jay

Olive Branch, MS

#9 Aug 30, 2010
tigers will suck no matter who id QB
Another Long Season

Memphis, TN

#10 Aug 30, 2010
I hope he has improved since the Spring game?????? He definitely was not the best QB. Ole Miss, Miami, and now Memphis. Where next? Williams or Bass should be the QB.
Rodney

Memphis, TN

#11 Aug 30, 2010
The free shipping for life probably didn't hurt either!
bill3979

Memphis, TN

#12 Aug 30, 2010
Whatever happened to his court case after he was arrested in Collierville with $2000 worth of Ecstasy on him? Sounds like he'd be a better fit for the Tiger basketball team.
StoneCold

Millington, TN

#13 Aug 30, 2010
Good for him. Now the Smith family can really feel what losing is all about. With all of that money, peanut head Smith send his junior Memphis yard ape to UM? One pass for 2 yards...sounds like you will fit right in at Tiger High. Ha Ha Ha. Junior, you had better cash in your stock now. If you think playing for Ape State will get you anywhere.....you are truly a product of Memphis. LOL LOL
puglover

United States

#14 Aug 30, 2010
how much did his dad pay for this one?
ofcourse

Jackson, MS

#15 Aug 30, 2010
His dad bought his way onto Olive branch team. Why not Memphis team?
Silly Dude

Dallas, TX

#16 Aug 30, 2010
jay wrote:
tigers will suck no matter who id QB
EVen wiht LEi Maninggu huh. olo.

Memphis, TN

#17 Aug 30, 2010
Why not report about the girl who almost died at the Smith ranch in Mississippi? Big drunk party and a Smith ATV almost killed her.
Dan

Memphis, TN

#18 Aug 30, 2010
What would be really interesting is to see if any "large" donations or extraneous funding to UofM came directly from Fred Smith, or was actually at the expense of the FedEx shareholders ... the larger the donation and the closer to beginning of the football season, the more suspect!
Coach

Covington, TN

#19 Aug 30, 2010
Yep, money can buy anything!
rebelman

Millington, TN

#20 Aug 31, 2010
Hear is how the talk went.Hey Porter you are the first black coach we hired if you like your job and and you don't want to be out of work because we really don't care how many yard you got while being here how mant touchdowns how many unborn children you had and want support how many robbers you were involoved but didn't get caught you will start Cannon Smith because of his dad.Understand then porter said Yes Master I understand..But..Then the lady with the balls at Maxie Smith Universty{MSU} told the brother there will be NO BUTTS understand

Come on Maxie Smith Universty {MSU} do you really think that drug head is going to give you a winning program he got kicked off the team at Ole Miss by coach zero before he even step foot on the campus left The Hurricannes because he wasn't the biggest drug dealer down there.Ya'll suck you will always suck enjoy another loosing season

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Memphis NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First night a hit for 'Tonight' host Jimmy Fallon (Feb '14) Feb '14 Marcavage s Trick 8
Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
NCAA Basketball Recruiting: Predicting Which 20... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Preston Hubbard 1
NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
Memphis Tigers off target on 3-point tries, sho... (Dec '12) Dec '12 RDL 1
Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
Stephen Morris X-Rays negative, Ryan Williams m... (Oct '12) Oct '12 canes4life 5
More from around the web