Time's up if UCF doesn't beat Tulsa

Time's up if UCF doesn't beat Tulsa

There are 32 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 19, 2007, titled Time's up if UCF doesn't beat Tulsa. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

There's an old country song -- Tulsa Time -- done by Don Williams and remade later by guitar legend Eric Clapton.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
USF sux

Zephyrhills, FL

#21 Oct 19, 2007
just stick with GOL. He will get us into the top 10!!! USF are a bunch of criminals and are SOOOO overated
Radical and Proud

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#22 Oct 19, 2007
Facing the reality of a coach who has failed to live up to the hype doesn't mean "we" (the "radicals" who dare to call it like it is) don't support our university. "We" want UCF to excel as much or more than anyone. "We" are simply tired of unrealized potential and a watching a boatload of cash going down the drain.

No, George didn't miss a tackle, throw a pick or cough up a fumble. But, George gets paid pretty darn well to get his team not to do it! Face it... you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. He's responsible for this mess... and make no mistake, it is a mess.

If you're happy with 3-3, then "we" aren't the problem. The "problem" is your low expectations. One million bucks a year, a brand new stadium, state-of-the-art facilities and a campus that looks like a resort ought to get us something. Something more than what George has given us in his four glorious years as THE MAN at UCF!

P.S., A "sellout" means the tickets are sold. Let's see how many people are willing to give up their weekends to see another example of George's "superior" coaching ability...
U R A BUM

Orlando, FL

#23 Oct 20, 2007
In one sentence the team is at a fork in the road. A few paragraphs later we're off the road in a ditch!
Wherever we are, I hope your employer shows you the road. Your gimmick is old, tiresome. Jerry Springer-Bianchi.
Go Knights
Reality Check

Jupiter, FL

#24 Oct 20, 2007
Sell out? What a joke! On Monday they teamed up with some pizza outfit and started offering two tickets for the price of one, and.....threw in a free pizza. Sounds like the "fans" need a little incentive beyond what Oleary has been able to do. Hahaha...Way to go, George! Here's a real challenge for you, George. Hey, George, tell you what, get your agent to get another offer from a D1 school, or any school, to become their head coach, and I'll help write your new resume. Deal? And.....I'll even throw in a free pizza.
you guys are awesome

Orlando, FL

#25 Oct 20, 2007
I'm not worried one bit. O'Leary is one heck of a coach, just ask any other great coach out there. Big time programs all over the country would die to have this guy in charge of their football program. You guys crack me up. haha But keep bringing the hate, I love it and so does George.
Tulsa fan

Quinlan, TX

#26 Oct 20, 2007
TU 62- UCF 38. And one school continues to pursue its dream of being a conference champ (and Liberty Bowl winner) while the other tries to make sense of ever hiring Mr. O'Leary.
UCF Grad

Winter Garden, FL

#27 Oct 20, 2007
Obviously UCF will choke again. But, who cares, it's only football. It's still a good (not great) school.
You people who get this worked-up over football need to get a life.
Knightgrad

United States

#28 Oct 20, 2007
So I Mike going to give us credit? An awesome sell out crowd, a great gut check win. Our defense did awesome against one of the best offensive teams in the nation. Any other team would have given up after the way the last two weeks went. Any other fans would have given up on their team. We didn't, we are UCF.
knightgrad2004

United States

#29 Oct 21, 2007
So where is Mike's commentary now? Our defense came through, our offense dominated and we kept one of the best offensive team to their second lowest point total of the year. Our fans came out to support and we overcame a sluggish start. I know we are not the best team in the nation, but give us some credit for once. We are the home team or Orlando. When are you going to end your man crush with Tebow and talk about the Knights. Oh and please never call us gnats again. If you do, when the Gators lose you need to call them the Gay-tors.
Coach Hater

Palm Bay, FL

#30 Oct 21, 2007
Guess this is all moot now, huh? But hang on, next week's yet another opportunity to humiliate ourselves on national TV.
UCF07

Lake Worth, FL

#31 Oct 21, 2007
Frustrated UCF Fan" How can you rail on Bianchi? He's right.
As an alum and booster, I'm wondering why I should continue to pull out my checkbook to support this??"

I to am an alum ('97)and booster and travel to each home game as well as one away game (NC St) but don't feel it is necessary to tool on the players and their fans when we lose. Do youself a favor and change name on your check to Ohio State or USC if that is all you want (football wins) from your donation. I am disapointed in some of our play but still am a proud supporter of UCF and its football team. Afterall, it is college football...not the pros.
Frustrated UCF Fan

Sunnyvale, CA

#32 Oct 22, 2007
UCF07 wrote:
Frustrated UCF Fan" How can you rail on Bianchi? He's right.
As an alum and booster, I'm wondering why I should continue to pull out my checkbook to support this??"
I to am an alum ('97)and booster and travel to each home game as well as one away game (NC St) but don't feel it is necessary to tool on the players and their fans when we lose. Do youself a favor and change name on your check to Ohio State or USC if that is all you want (football wins) from your donation. I am disapointed in some of our play but still am a proud supporter of UCF and its football team. Afterall, it is college football...not the pros.
True, however.....the UNIVERSITY seriously raised expectations when THEY decided to hire on a 7-figure coach and then ask US to be the ones to support it, which I have willingly done. My question was, and remains, what have I received for my investment? And, do I not have the right to reconsider the wisdom of my investment.(BTW, I am also a supporter of my college and the annual fund, so don't give me any garbage about not bleeding black and gold). Athletics comes to the table in addition to that.

I see players with great potential that are not developed; not poor players. Much like a company with great products and bad execution on plan - do you blame the workers (ie the players) or the management (ie the coaches)? I choose to blame management. Nothing I saw this week and nothing you have written has done anything to convince me otherwise. So, if you have actual facts or reasoned opinion, I am happy to hear it. If all you can do is spout off about OSU or USC, then I shall consider our coversation concluded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Tigers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
News NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
News Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
News Stephen Morris X-Rays negative, Ryan Williams m... (Oct '12) Oct '12 canes4life 5
News At least 1 dead in South Africa boat accident (Oct '12) Oct '12 Anna 1
News What You Need to Know About Miami Hurricanes QB... (Aug '12) Aug '12 canes 4 life 1
News Robert Poe kept younger brother Dontari off wro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 KKKafeteria KKKri... 1
More from around the web