Cannon Smith, Son Of Fedex Ceo, Is Ti...

Cannon Smith, Son Of Fedex Ceo, Is Tigers' Starting QB

There are 34 comments on the WREG story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Cannon Smith, Son Of Fedex Ceo, Is Tigers' Starting QB. In it, WREG reports that:

Memphis coach Larry Porter has settled on his starting quarterback, and he picked sophomore Cannon Smith to make his first collegiate start at Mississippi State in the season opener Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Well

Memphis, TN

#21 Aug 31, 2010
Eh, the team'll suck as usual ... why not let the coach make a little green for himself on the side? It's not like a GOOD quarterback would have made much difference anyway, so what's the difference?
docb

United States

#23 Aug 31, 2010
TNLAWDAD wrote:
Maybe you could post some real news....
If that's the way you feel, why did you click on the story in the first place?
mike

Memphis, TN

#24 Aug 31, 2010
good luck tigers. lets move on from the past and the racial comments are why we as a city are stuck..im sure if your dad was wealthy you would be on probation or in rehab...i sure would....
Master P

Humboldt, TN

#25 Aug 31, 2010
He sucked at every school he has attended so he goes to a nothing school with all the rest of the loosers. Tiger High ! They won't beat anyone ! He will still suck unless daddy pays off the other schools so they will loose.
Go Tigers

Collierville, TN

#26 Aug 31, 2010
OK THEN, Lets play ball!!!!!!!!
Former Season TKT Holder

Portsmouth, VA

#27 Aug 31, 2010
Is this suppose to put more fans in the stands?
Concerned Momma

Collierville, TN

#28 Aug 31, 2010
I'd hate to think where this city would be right now were it not for Fred Smith.

Do you think we could let the young man throw his first pass on the field before everyone starts in on him.
Memphis Resident

Arlington, TN

#29 Aug 31, 2010
jay wrote:
tigers will suck no matter who id QB
Amen to that!!
Memphis Resident

Arlington, TN

#30 Aug 31, 2010
Think the jury is still out on him. If he can do it, wonderful, if not, then pull him out of there!!!
Tiger Fan - Germantown

Collierville, TN

#31 Aug 31, 2010
I hope he does well, lots of pressure on the young man. I think Wil Gilchrist is a better talent but
his father is not Fred Smith. Gilchrist kid can run and throw and has a better chance to move out of the pocket than the top two QB's....We will see what happens!!!!
ole miss hottie

Memphis, TN

#32 Aug 31, 2010
fourth rate program at a junior college in a ghetto city , yeah ! im losin sleep over it !
voter tired of waste

Germantown, TN

#33 Sep 1, 2010
bill3979 wrote:
Whatever happened to his court case after he was arrested in Collierville with $2000 worth of Ecstasy on him? Sounds like he'd be a better fit for the Tiger basketball team.
Of course he got off with a slap on the hand. Daddy is famous name and money does buy you free get out of jail cards. He never got anything but a slap on the hand.
If that was anyone else they would lose their car and pay a fine and jail time. He didn't get any of that. Kept his car and this wasn't put on his record also. Surprise about that. How long will it be before he meets the law here again.
MEMFlyer

Arlington, TN

#34 Sep 1, 2010
If young Mr. Smith wants to be the man, then let him do it. He knows there is a lot of pressure on him and his family name. My first impression was "Oh yeah, his Dad paid for this!" In reality, If you could do it for your kid, why not? I do not care if Fred had anything to do with it, or if Memphis gets some kind of financial boost due to this, but the story will unfold very soon if cannon can play ball or not. Good luck to him and to the team.
Hunky Cracker

Humboldt, TN

#35 Sep 1, 2010
Mississippi State is going to KILL him. Another loss for Tiger High. Spend that money at the fair grounds so you can see them suck on the way in. Just trying to be like the Big Schools.Ole Miss, Tennessee, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Tigers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
News NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
News Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
News Stephen Morris X-Rays negative, Ryan Williams m... (Oct '12) Oct '12 canes4life 5
News At least 1 dead in South Africa boat accident (Oct '12) Oct '12 Anna 1
News What You Need to Know About Miami Hurricanes QB... (Aug '12) Aug '12 canes 4 life 1
News Robert Poe kept younger brother Dontari off wro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 KKKafeteria KKKri... 1
More from around the web