FAU fans turn city into 'N'OWLeanS' a...

FAU fans turn city into 'N'OWLeanS' as school plays first bowl ...

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 21, 2007, titled FAU fans turn city into 'N'OWLeanS' as school plays first bowl .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

They brought their Owls gear, face paint, Mardi Gras beads and loud voices to the Louisiana Superdome, ready to cheer on their team and take part in history and hope.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Yes, it's Steve”

Since: Jun 07

Wellington

#1 Dec 21, 2007
At least one south Florida team is winning

Way to go Owls!
FAU Alumnus

Lexington, KY

#2 Dec 21, 2007
Great game, great beggining to a worthy university and football program.

Go Owls. I am a proud alumnus and I was very proud prior to this game, season, program.

Since: Feb 07

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#3 Dec 21, 2007
I never imagined I'd say it, but way to go FAU! Haha!
Joe

Boynton Beach, FL

#4 Dec 22, 2007
Anyone who watched the game saw the sign 'N'OWLeanS' in the stands. I thought it was a good and clever sign. The S.S. writer did not come up with this headline, but rather copied it from the fan who displayed the sign during the game. That's pretty bad.
Reality Check

Jupiter, FL

#5 Dec 22, 2007
The "day of the Owl" is upon us sports fans in South Florida. When the new stadium is built on campus, ala UCF, there will really be something to "Hoot" about. Congratulations on winning your first bowl, and on building a fine program.
Say it aint Joe

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Dec 22, 2007
Joe wrote:
Anyone who watched the game saw the sign 'N'OWLeanS' in the stands. I thought it was a good and clever sign. The S.S. writer did not come up with this headline, but rather copied it from the fan who displayed the sign during the game. That's pretty bad.
Reporters don't write the headlines, Joe and the writer if this story credited in his story the clever folks who made the signs.
FSU

West Palm Beach, FL

#7 Dec 22, 2007
boca raton a college town??!? lmao..i dont think that would ever happen. fau is still unheard of
Hoot Hoot

Deerfield Beach, FL

#8 Dec 22, 2007
Gotta feel good for Howard...
Way to go Owls!

Lots more to come from a great sophmore QB too.
Mr Two Bits

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Dec 22, 2007
Congrats to FAU OWLS!! BTW They will always be the 5th or 6th Sports University in the State of Florida, Sorry.
Mediocre

Schaumburg, IL

#10 Dec 22, 2007
Great FAU sports, this is what students want. It is too bad FAU doesn't excel in leaders, they have a president and vice president who do not have doctorates and some assoc deans who have never been professors, seems quite mediocre, while the students and professors might be great and the overall school is a good one, it makes me sad as an educator to see the admin making 6-digit 350,000 salaries, when the poor teachers there only make 50,000 or less. They should try to pay their staff better. Go owls!
ANdyG52

Howell, NJ

#11 Dec 22, 2007
Man it's sad when people take a great occurence for a relatively new program and still try to put it fown. Comments by FSU & mediocre show that. FAU wasn't 1/2 as big as it is now about 20 years ago. This will help give it some press and attract better teachers and more students to help pay them more.
As far as FSU is concerned... Cheating on an internet course and having 36 players suspended? what else needs to be said? they sucked the last couple of years and obviously their student(?)/athletes can't hack it w/o "extra" help. Don't be so fast to put down someone's recent accomplishments until you look at your most recent ones.
mr negative

Lexington, KY

#12 Dec 22, 2007
Mediocre wrote:
Great FAU sports, this is what students want. It is too bad FAU doesn't excel in leaders, they have a president and vice president who do not have doctorates and some assoc deans who have never been professors, seems quite mediocre, while the students and professors might be great and the overall school is a good one, it makes me sad as an educator to see the admin making 6-digit 350,000 salaries, when the poor teachers there only make 50,000 or less. They should try to pay their staff better. Go owls!
It never fails. There is always one guy out there that is going to say something stupid, negative and wrong despite the accomplishments. Mr Mediocre must have been abused as a child and now he wants to make sure no one else is happy.
WAY TO GO OWLS

New Orleans, LA

#13 Dec 22, 2007
YAHOO AND CONGRATULATIONS TO COACH SCHNELLENBERGER'S FAU OWLS...

WHAT AN EXCITING BOWL GAME. THE 12 SENIORS ALL DID A GREAT JOB AND WHAT A LEGACY TO PASS ON AS THE FIRST SENIOR GROUP WHO GAVE IT ALL, DEDICATED TO THE GAME AND TO THE BEST COACH IN THE NCAA. 5-0 HOWARD...THANKS COACH.

TO THE TEAM, BOTH SIDES PLAYED GREAT. THE O LINE DID A GREAT JOB AND THE RECEIVERS DID SUPER IN SHOWING OFF THE SKILLS OF "THE BEST FLORIDA QUARTERBACK RUSTY SMITH!!!!!!!!!

I'M ALL PUMPED UP FOR NEXT SEASON.IF THE O LINE AND RECEIVERS IMPROVE, JUST THINK WHAT THE OWLS CAN DO ON OFFENSE. JUST THINK OF HOW MUCH BETTER RUSTY CAN BE AT QB!!!!!!

FOR MOST OF THE GAME THE OFFENSE LOOKED GREAT. UM AND FSU NEVER LOOKED THAT GOOD THIS YEAR!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO CELEBRATE THE VICTORY AND GET MY FAU OWL GEAR!!!

THANKS FAU BOARD FOR GETTING COACH S. WHAT A FABULOUS CLASS COACH. A REAL PERSON, SINCERE AND FULL OF GREAT QUALITY AND CLASS...

THANKS COACH S. HOPE WE SEE YOU GET AN EXTENDED CONTRACT AND STAY WITH FAU....
JR Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#14 Dec 22, 2007
Congratulations on winning the New Orleans Bowl. As a Hawaii Warriors fan, I would love to see my guys get another crack at you.
Hurtin

Deerfield Beach, FL

#15 Dec 23, 2007
Great game, great weekend. Thanks Owls!
Four bits a dollar

Laredo, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2007
ThankGod we have someone like you with all that insight. Your right you are sorry. another blowing like the wind fan. I'll bet UF is the #1 and 15 years ago it was th "U" and so on. Merry Christmas Dumb Ass
Mr Two Bits wrote:
Congrats to FAU OWLS!! BTW They will always be the 5th or 6th Sports University in the State of Florida, Sorry.

“Yes, it's Steve”

Since: Jun 07

Wellington

#17 Dec 23, 2007
FSU wrote:
boca raton a college town??!? lmao..i dont think that would ever happen. fau is still unheard of
as compared to FSU where the "athletes" are so dumb that they caught cheating?
In NYC

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Dec 28, 2007
why dont u all get a life..whats FAU?
The Shore

Laredo, TX

#19 Jan 6, 2008
Hey NYC mho cares what an idiot from NY has to say anyway

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Memphis Tigers NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Charges possible for toppled ancient Utah rock (Oct '13) Oct '13 PEE PEE PETE 10
News NFL Draft: Can Ronald Leary Tempt Dallas Cowboy... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Always the Star 1
News Marshall football: Herd resilient, continues to... (Nov '12) Nov '12 amy 1
News Stephen Morris X-Rays negative, Ryan Williams m... (Oct '12) Oct '12 canes4life 5
News At least 1 dead in South Africa boat accident (Oct '12) Oct '12 Anna 1
News What You Need to Know About Miami Hurricanes QB... (Aug '12) Aug '12 canes 4 life 1
News Robert Poe kept younger brother Dontari off wro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 KKKafeteria KKKri... 1
More from around the web