Clarke makes Buckeyes his choice

Jun 11, 2008 Full story: Bowie Star 21

As a football and track standout, Tuscarora High's rising senior Dominic Clarke has to train, practice and perform under rigorous supervision.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“DEC 7 1941”

Since: Dec 06

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#1 Jun 12, 2008
Yet another rising star joins the Buckeyes! Great choice Dominic! GO BUCKS!!!!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 12, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
Yet another rising star joins the Buckeyes! Great choice Dominic! GO BUCKS!!!!
Sounds like he's pretty fast. Too bad he'll lose all that speed once he comes to OSU. After all we have no speed ;) LOL Go Bucks!!! Have a great day TBF.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#3 Jun 12, 2008
good un yall

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#4 Jun 12, 2008
OSUMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like he's pretty fast. Too bad he'll lose all that speed once he comes to OSU. After all we have no speed ;) LOL Go Bucks!!! Have a great day TBF.
You as well OSUMOM!!! Headed back to Dayton on 23 Jun....taking my son's to Buckeye Corner in that huge mall off 270 to get our gear!!! GO BUCKS!!

Location hidden

#5 Jun 12, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>You as well OSUMOM!!! Headed back to Dayton on 23 Jun....taking my son's to Buckeye Corner in that huge mall off 270 to get our gear!!! GO BUCKS!!
Fairfield Mall? Buckeye Corner is awesome. Cardboard heros has lots of Buckeye stuff too. Enjoy!!

“Spoooooooooooon!”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh,NC

#6 Jun 12, 2008
kid has speed and a 4.0 Core GPA ta boot.

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#7 Jun 12, 2008
OSUMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Fairfield Mall? Buckeye Corner is awesome. Cardboard heros has lots of Buckeye stuff too. Enjoy!!
I think its Polaris Mall, the one that looks like a large city....really cool!! I've got to take them to the Horseshoe as well...I can get there off 70 right? GO BUCKS!!!!

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#8 Jun 12, 2008
Tenacious_ND wrote:
kid has speed and a 4.0 Core GPA ta boot.
He's ran a 4.41 and hits like he's a Linebacker and still growing....I am glad he is going to Columbus. Wish you guys the best this year, you've got some talent coming this year!
hereward

East Liberty, OH

#9 Jun 12, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>I think its Polaris Mall, the one that looks like a large city....really cool!! I've got to take them to the Horseshoe as well...I can get there off 70 right? GO BUCKS!!!!
I think you access it off either I-71 or 315 -

Location hidden

#10 Jun 12, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>I think its Polaris Mall, the one that looks like a large city....really cool!! I've got to take them to the Horseshoe as well...I can get there off 70 right? GO BUCKS!!!!
Ok that's in Columbus. I thought you were coming to Dayton. I've been there. It is awesome. I will get you exact directions. It's pretty easy, HUGE Polaris Pkwy sign , right off the highway. I'll talk to my girls who live there. Go Bucks
And yes, go on campus and go by the 'shoe". Stop at Conrads, on Lane Ave acroos from St. Johns Arena. Great store.

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#11 Jun 13, 2008
OSUMOM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok that's in Columbus. I thought you were coming to Dayton. I've been there. It is awesome. I will get you exact directions. It's pretty easy, HUGE Polaris Pkwy sign , right off the highway. I'll talk to my girls who live there. Go Bucks
And yes, go on campus and go by the 'shoe". Stop at Conrads, on Lane Ave acroos from St. Johns Arena. Great store.
Hi!, I am coming to Dayton, but stopping at the mall and the Horseshoe. You know teenagers, you have to offer them something at this point, just so they will keep you company on long trips...its about 700 miles...it won't be too much longer when they will say..."sorry dad...got to see our girlfriends, Betty and Sue".:0 :) GO BUCKS!!!
osumom

United States

#12 Jun 13, 2008
Truebuckeyefan wrote:
<quoted text>Hi!, I am coming to Dayton, but stopping at the mall and the Horseshoe. You know teenagers, you have to offer them something at this point, just so they will keep you company on long trips...its about 700 miles...it won't be too much longer when they will say..."sorry dad...got to see our girlfriends, Betty and Sue".:0 :) GO BUCKS!!!
Polaris is right off of 70. Another great place is Easton Center. That place is amazing. it's not too far from the Columbus airport and Gahana. Easton is about 10 minutes from our oldest daughters home.
Kids grow up so fast. I was a mess when our oldest went off to OSU. Cried like a baby and kept going up and sleeping in her room for the first month. It was easier with the second one. They are both in Columbus and only a little over an hour away so we can visit often. I'm there every home game during football season. Take turns staying with them. The oldest has been married 20 months. They met at OSU. Said there kids some day will go to OSU. Hope I'm around to see that.
Well have a safe trip and enjoy Columbus. Go Bucks

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#13 Jun 13, 2008
osumom wrote:
<quoted text>
Polaris is right off of 70. Another great place is Easton Center. That place is amazing. it's not too far from the Columbus airport and Gahana. Easton is about 10 minutes from our oldest daughters home.
Kids grow up so fast. I was a mess when our oldest went off to OSU. Cried like a baby and kept going up and sleeping in her room for the first month. It was easier with the second one. They are both in Columbus and only a little over an hour away so we can visit often. I'm there every home game during football season. Take turns staying with them. The oldest has been married 20 months. They met at OSU. Said there kids some day will go to OSU. Hope I'm around to see that.
Well have a safe trip and enjoy Columbus. Go Bucks
Thanks OSUMOM...God Bless You and Your family...it will be very good to be home again...take care!!!
HIM Yao Sui

Honolulu, HI

#14 Jun 16, 2008
http://www.topix.com/member/profile/himyaosui

I am a solid Ohio State fan! And any time that OSU recruits an outstanding player the better! It is very important to get the best talent around as OSU's recruiting for 2008 is second to none. OSU fans seem to lack the luster, as OSU has not been on top for a while. OSU fans seem to lack the confidence needed.

I like Dre Kirkpatrick, Darius Winston, and C.J. Barnett (already recruited by OSU). When you have talent like these guys, you're unstoppable!

Recruiting dead weight is a no-no!

2009:
Dorian Bell LB
C.J. Barnett DB
Melvin Fellows DE
Jordan Whiting LB
Jamie Wood DB

2008:
Mike Adams OL
Michael Brewster OL
DeVier Posey WR
Terrelle Pryor QB
Garrett Goebel DT
Etienne Sabino LB
Lamaar Thomas ATH

Nathan Williams DE
Willie Mobley DE

2007:
Eugene Clifford DB
Donnie Evege DB
Daniel Herron RB
Cameron Heyward DT
Jermale Hines LB
Nate Oliver DB

Brian Rolle LB
Brandon Saine RB
James Scott DB

2006:

Robert Rose DE
Chris Wells RB

2005:
Alex Boone OL

I'm merely a fan, somewhat knowledgable about the game, but far from an expert.

“DEC 7 1941”

AWAYS A BUCKEYE!!!

#15 Jun 16, 2008
HIM Yao Sui wrote:
http://www.topix.net/member/pr ofile/himyaosui
I am a solid Ohio State fan! And any time that OSU recruits an outstanding player the better! It is very important to get the best talent around as OSU's recruiting for 2008 is second to none. OSU fans seem to lack the luster, as OSU has not been on top for a while. OSU fans seem to lack the confidence needed.
I like Dre Kirkpatrick, Darius Winston, and C.J. Barnett (already recruited by OSU). When you have talent like these guys, you're unstoppable!
2009:
Dorian Bell LB
C.J. Barnett DB
Melvin Fellows DE
Jordan Whiting LB
Jamie Wood DB
2008:
Mike Adams OL
Michael Brewster OL
DeVier Posey WR
Terrelle Pryor QB
Garrett Goebel DT
Etienne Sabino LB
Lamaar Thomas ATH
Nathan Williams DE
Willie Mobley DE
2007:
Eugene Clifford DB
Donnie Evege DB
Daniel Herron RB
Cameron Heyward DT
Jermale Hines LB
Nate Oliver DB
Brian Rolle LB
Brandon Saine RB
James Scott DB
2006:
Robert Rose DE
Chris Wells RB
2005:
Alex Boone OL
welcome my fellow Buckeye fan!

Location hidden

#16 Jun 16, 2008
HIM Yao Sui wrote:
http://www.topix.net/member/pr ofile/himyaosui
2009:
Dorian Bell LB
C.J. Barnett DB
Melvin Fellows DE
Jordan Whiting LB
Jamie Wood DB
2008:
Mike Adams OL
Michael Brewster OL
DeVier Posey WR
Terrelle Pryor QB
Garrett Goebel DT
Etienne Sabino LB
Lamaar Thomas ATH
Nathan Williams DE
Willie Mobley DE
2007:
Eugene Clifford DB
Donnie Evege DB
Daniel Herron RB
Cameron Heyward DT
Jermale Hines LB
Nate Oliver DB
Brian Rolle LB
Brandon Saine RB
James Scott DB
2006:
Robert Rose DE
Chris Wells RB
2005:
Alex Boone OL
Lock and load!!! Go Bucks!!!!
HIM Yao Sui

Honolulu, HI

#17 Jun 16, 2008
Where I'm from the nearby college had a run and shoot program under June Jones. And something called four wide receivers. The coach would play the best players (similar to USC) and for, from memory, the past eight years their quarterback had the best statistics in the nation. Try defending against an accurate throwing quarterback with smarts! Try defending against four receivers. It just can not be done!

The run opened up the passing game and kept the opposition honest. You score big on the passing game yardage-wise. If you have four, four mind you, good receivers, no defender can intercept or stop the pass!

Part of the trick is when the defender and your wide receiver went out into the backfield, some how the throw would always arch high and come down into the receiver's waiting hands and away from the defender! Both men running and the receiver with his back to the quarterback makes the catch in front of him away (out of reach) from the receiver.

I like OSU. I believe in your program, players, and coach. I feel that what loyalty is, is when you're down and people believe in you. I believe in OSU in this manner.

I am not an expert, but you've got the best person that any college team could have as quarterback. I think that a Terrelle Pryor comes around very seldom and OSU is very fortunate to have finally recruited him.

Would it be possible for OSU to build around Terrelle Pryor this year and for the next three?

Looking at your recruits, while exceptional, if I were your financial backer $$$(hundreds of millions), I would donate all of that money and more to see that OSU has an even better recruitment two to three times better than you have now!

Even if your recruitment is in the elite top five in the nation, your recruitment of Terrelle Pryor, Mike Adams, Michael Brewster, and DeVier Posey DESERVE more!

You want to keep the momentum going and you want to have a program that is second to none in the nation. You want to see that you are the best for many years to come. In the top five for the next 10 to 15 years and the national champions or contenders this year and for the next four or five.

It's that kind of winning attitude that makes a great school and team!

If you plan for greatness and your fans support you, you will attain that greatness!

With the front four players in the nation, second only to USC, how can any other team come against you?

Terrelle Pryor, Mike Adams, Michael Brewster, and DeVier Posey are a dream come true!

I would continue to recruit supporting key players for 2008 to help the above four attain their maximum potential and I would build my team around these guys.

If OSU stops its recruiting effort for 2008 and thinks that this is the best that they can do, then OSU is not really a winner. When you're doing well, you've got to go for the jugular and do even more!

Stopping at your current progress in recruiting just will not do. I am not a football expert, but from what I can see you need to recruit more top quality four and five star players. Guys who rank in the top 5 to 10 in their position, if you want to compete with the best! USC, Florida, and Georgia!

You still need a supporting cast for Terrelle Pryor, this year and for the next three! You've got the guy and now you've got to make him look like a winner!

Go undefeated for the year up until the final bowl game in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond.

If you do this that guy will never regret his decision to come to OSU to play!

More five star players, yeah! Perhaps, four more and a good running back to boot! How about some wide receivers too!
HIM Yao Sui

Honolulu, HI

#18 Jun 16, 2008
I am not an expert. I am merely a guy expressing his opinion.
HIM Yao Sui

Honolulu, HI

#19 Jun 16, 2008
"2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and beyond." Just being honest and correcting a mistake of mine as JFK would have wanted me to do!
HIM Yao Sui

Honolulu, HI

#20 Jun 16, 2008
How about some wide receivers, too, to keep DeVier Posey from feeling all alone! The more the merrier!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
Happy Halloween in the ACC (Oct '13) Oct '13 FanTapSports ACC 1
WVU's Close Call With Maryland Reflected in Wee... (Sep '12) Sep '12 cowboyslang 1
Maryland Football v. West Virginia: Country Ter... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Zac 1
ACC - Favorites will meet for title (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
Maryland Football: Vanderbilt's James Franklin ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Hot doggie 1
coaching changes (Dec '11) Dec '11 terps 1

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE