Back in black, Terps roll over Wake F...

Back in black, Terps roll over Wake Forest

There are 13 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Oct 18, 2008, titled Back in black, Terps roll over Wake Forest. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Chris Turner threw for 321 yards to back a strong defensive showing by Maryland, which struck a high note in an up-and-down season by beating No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Chris

Baltimore, MD

#1 Oct 18, 2008
Very convincing win today. This team may be the greatest enigma in college football. I hope they do not have a let down next week.
Grief

Westminster, MD

#2 Oct 18, 2008
Chris wrote:
Very convincing win today. This team may be the greatest enigma in college football. I hope they do not have a let down next week.
Nice win, but patterns are trend until they are broken. We are nearly undefeated against ranked opponents the last two years and almost winless against walkover competition.

That said and being true don't get your hopes up. The trend is your friend until it changes.
gwb

Glen Burnie, MD

#3 Oct 18, 2008
A typical game for MD. This time they played good enough to win over #21 WF. WF was beaten by Navy earlier in the season.Can't wait to see what MD team shows up next week.
Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde

Laurel, MD

#4 Oct 18, 2008
I can't help but to take Franklin's quote at face value. So we're not going to get DHB the ball until the right set of circumstances presents itself? How about when you're being shut out by UVa? Hey-Bey is the "Main Event" of this team. Throw him the damn ball! Waiting for the right opportunity?!?!?! WTF
Mariolucasforthr ee

Utica, MI

#5 Oct 18, 2008
Agree with Dr. Jekyl - inane comment by Franklin.
rockcreek

Fort Wayne, IN

#6 Oct 18, 2008
What a nutcase of a team. But for this week, Cosh: you're off the hook. Franklin: same for you. Obi is en fuego; don't let it go to your head, kid.

These kids are going to make me eat my nightguard. Good win. GO TERPS!
Rich

Hancock, MD

#7 Oct 18, 2008
Chris "Napoleon Dynamite" Turner! 1st round draft pick! Best UMD QB since Booooooomerrrr!
Jack

Westminster, MD

#8 Oct 18, 2008
Rich wrote:
Chris "Napoleon Dynamite" Turner! 1st round draft pick! Best UMD QB since Booooooomerrrr!
You crazy. Steffy practices better. Once he can throw in practice then his practice completion percentage will be better than Turner. Don't you watch the practices to know this?
Grief

Westminster, MD

#9 Oct 18, 2008
Good job Ralph.
Now don't get bored with it.
You get paid to follow through, not take a break.
Put the foot long sub down, watch film, you have a game next week.
Thats right Mr Intensity, you got to jump back on it right away.
Stay focused....you can do it...screw the media...thatta boy...stay off the sub..
turtle soup

Frederick, MD

#10 Oct 18, 2008
Keep Chris Cosh
gscaton1

Brighton, MI

#11 Oct 18, 2008
Terps really played a great game today. It was a alaround game with defense offense and special teams really playing well. When they put it all together they are really a good team
BillB

AOL

#12 Oct 18, 2008
So, which Maryland team will take the field next week?

Great win over WF, but after that VA "mess," it will be interesting (and I hope it's not "a game of pain") to see what happens next Saturday.

Let's just savor this victory and hope next weeks brings another win.
GO TERPS!
Rise n Conquer

Brighton, MI

#13 Oct 19, 2008
Great win...and good thing they are at home vs. NCState--should prevent a meltdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Dolphins NFL player AJ Francis moonlighti... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Hoss Ross 58
News Top-25 showdown on tap in ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bob 1
News Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
News Happy Halloween in the ACC (Oct '13) Oct '13 FanTapSports ACC 1
News WVU's Close Call With Maryland Reflected in Wee... (Sep '12) Sep '12 cowboyslang 1
News Maryland Football v. West Virginia: Country Ter... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Zac 1
News ACC - Favorites will meet for title (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
More from around the web