9SPORTS NOW - Terps Ready for Rematch...

9SPORTS NOW - Terps Ready for Rematch with Mountaineers

There are 22 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Sep 13, 2007, titled 9SPORTS NOW - Terps Ready for Rematch with Mountaineers. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- Falling behind 28-0 in the first quarter and losing by double digits was bad enough.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr_ Mountaineer

Charleston, WV

#1 Sep 13, 2007
WVU clearly has too many offensive weapons...wins against Villanova and Florida International makes for deceiving numbers. Talk about revenge was short-sighted. WVU felt like they weren't respected going into this game. College Park is quiet tonight.

Since: Jan 07

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2007
Md is a good team but way overmatched.
touchdowndog

Bedford, OH

#3 Sep 14, 2007
WVU DAve wrote:
Md is a good team but way overmatched.
8-4 or 9-3 team again
Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#4 Sep 14, 2007
Yeah. They might go to the Gator Bowl and get stomped on by Rutgers.

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2007
Rutgers would be a good game for Md. I think it would be even money. What has rutgers done except hand the ball off to Rice 30-40 times a game.
Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#6 Sep 15, 2007
No way. Rutgers would beat Maryland just as bad as WVU did.

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2007
Who do you think is better Md or Navy. Navy hung in there against Rutgers for a while. They still had to give it to Rice alot.
Zac

AOL

#8 Sep 16, 2007
First off, MD is a solid team that flirts with the Top 25 year-in, year-out. They're definitely in the top half of the ACC. Traditionally, MD teams have been big & physical; this year's team was no different.

Mr. Mountaineer said it best in this thread: The reason WVU won, "WVU clearly has too many offensive weaponsÂ…" I think they're still a little too uni-dimensional (Some WR's are going to have to step up.). By the same token, even when WVU has trouble with the run, they stick to it, eventually wearing a team down.

As for Rutgers, Teel has improved vastly, and Rice goes without saying. Behind Teel & Rice, who have they got? Even their defense was riddled on the ground by Navy. Their competition has been weak. There schedule & UConn's schedule are the reasons the Big East gets such a bum rap.

Speaking of UConn, yesterday they were lucky to not have been embarrassed by Temple. They led 13-0; then let Temple back in the game, before finally taking the lead again. I think Temple arguably got a lousy call in the end zone as time expired to save UConn. I'm expecting UConn to be Syracuse's only win this year, but UConn with have a better record because of their schedule.

The top 3/4's of the conference have accounted well for themselves. Even Pitt's loss at MI St & Louisville's loss at KY were against decent teams in hostile environments. With S FL win at Auburn, Cincy's win over OR St, and now MS St having beaten Auburn, WVU's schedule just keeps on getting tougher. Our Mountaineers have nothing to be ashamed of.
Vince

Valley Head, WV

#9 Sep 16, 2007
WVU DAve wrote:
Who do you think is better Md or Navy. Navy hung in there against Rutgers for a while. They still had to give it to Rice alot.
I think Maryland would beat Navy pretty easy. Your right Zac. Did Wes Lyons go missing from campus? He must really be in the dog house.
Vince

Valley Head, WV

#10 Sep 16, 2007
Pitt gave their game away.
Vince

Valley Head, WV

#11 Sep 16, 2007
If WVU can do it and run the table for the first 11 won't it be a story playing Pitt for the 100th time last game of the year. You know Pitt would love to knock WVU out of a title game.
Zac

AOL

#12 Sep 16, 2007
I dunno what's up with Wes Lyons. I do know the game against Pitt will likely be like the game against Marshall. Hard fought in the 1st half; WVU wins it going away. Pitt is just too depleted. Watch out for them next year.
Vince

Valley Head, WV

#13 Sep 16, 2007
I don't know Zac. They are very young, but by the last game every freshman will be a sophmore. The TB they have looked good yesterday, and it's just a matter of time before true freshman Pat Bostick takes over at QB. They will be better at the end of the season.

East Berlin, CT

#14 Sep 23, 2007
Pitt will be good when they get rid of Dave Wannacoach
Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#15 Sep 23, 2007
WVU DAve wrote:
Pitt will be good when they get rid of Dave Wannacoach
I don't know about that. He has gotten better recruiting classes than WVU has the last two years.(Atleast on paper, but I like alot of WVU's true freshman).
NateKnuckles

Silver Spring, MD

#16 Sep 24, 2007
WVU is awesome!
touchdowndog

Bedford, OH

#17 Sep 24, 2007
NateKnuckles wrote:
WVU is awesome!
mr.knuckles..thanks for encouragement,,but weknow that..lol...one game at a time...usf..great challenge..hot weather,friday game,record crowd,no sleep,wanna gonna try our damnest,leave it ALL ON THE FIELD attitude...if we lose after that next game same attitude..brothers of the big east...no excuses..bruises,cuts and tape ..i am ready to go coach,put me back in....tie the laces,another layer of tape..tell mom i love her....lllleeeettttssss goooooo moouunnntttaaainneeeeeers!!!!! !!!
Vince

Snowshoe, WV

#18 Sep 25, 2007
touchdowndog wrote:
<quoted text>mr.knuckles..thanks for encouragement,,but weknow that..lol...one game at a time...usf..great challenge..hot weather,friday game,record crowd,no sleep,wanna gonna try our damnest,leave it ALL ON THE FIELD attitude...if we lose after that next game same attitude..brothers of the big east...no excuses..bruises,cuts and tape ..i am ready to go coach,put me back in....tie the laces,another layer of tape..tell mom i love her....lllleeeettttssss goooooo moouunnntttaaainneeeeeers!!!!! !!!
This Friday is going to be a though one. Everybody is expecting a high scoring shoot-out, but I don't see it. I think it'll be a very physical game.

Owen Schmitt is the key for WVU to win Fri night.
NateKnuckles

Silver Spring, MD

#19 Sep 25, 2007
touchdowndog wrote:
<quoted text>mr.knuckles..thanks for encouragement,,but weknow that..lol...one game at a time...usf..great challenge..hot weather,friday game,record crowd,no sleep,wanna gonna try our damnest,leave it ALL ON THE FIELD attitude...if we lose after that next game same attitude..brothers of the big east...no excuses..bruises,cuts and tape ..i am ready to go coach,put me back in....tie the laces,another layer of tape..tell mom i love her....lllleeeettttssss goooooo moouunnntttaaainneeeeeers!!!!! !!!
I see you are a true fan! LOL!
Zac

AOL

#20 Sep 25, 2007
I think defense will rule the day in this one. I think WVU's "D" will have to come up big. We already know Grothe can pass. He can also run. I say our Mountaineers need to concentrate on shutting down the run between Grothe & Ford, and force Grothe to beat WVU with his arm.

You can best believe, that's what Levitte will have his team doing. Shut down the run; make White win with his arm. I don't see a shoot-out; I see a combined score of maybe 50. Don't be surprised if this turns out to be the toughest game all season, even tougher than Louisville or Rutgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Dolphins NFL player AJ Francis moonlighti... (Jun '15) Jul '15 Hoss Ross 58
News Top-25 showdown on tap in ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bob 1
News Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
News Happy Halloween in the ACC (Oct '13) Oct '13 FanTapSports ACC 1
News WVU's Close Call With Maryland Reflected in Wee... (Sep '12) Sep '12 cowboyslang 1
News Maryland Football v. West Virginia: Country Ter... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Zac 1
News ACC - Favorites will meet for title (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
More from around the web