Terps' Henderson leaving early for NFL draft

Full story: Baltimore Sun

When the seniors on the Maryland football team lined up for the final wind sprint of their college careers at a practice before last week's Emerald Bowl in San Francisco, junior linebacker Erin Henderson was ...
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2008
llle

La Plata, MD

#1 Jan 3, 2008
way to go
John

Curtis Bay, MD

#2 Jan 3, 2008
When did it become smart to leave school early when you see yourself being a third round pick (which probably means 4th or 5th round)? I know he earned his degree already but why not work toward your graduate degree while playing another year and improving your draft status? I guess it's an easier choice when you have your brother to fall back on. I have a hard time believing that everyone he knows agrees he should go pro.
Greedy player

Christiansburg, VA

#3 Jan 3, 2008
Why can't MD keep players? This is why they won't win another championship because everyone good leaves. Kinda sounds like the Orioles :)
DOsr

Clearwater, FL

#4 Jan 3, 2008
I wish Henderson the best of luck. Only he knows. Also, why play another year taking the chance of having another major injury that can dampen his chances. He can always go back to school. He only has a limited time as do many pro athletes to play the sport he has mastered(at the college level). Time to move on. As a dad of a UMTerp player, my wishes and prayers go out to you and your family. Regardless what you do or where you end up, you will always be a Terp. Good Luck, sky's the limit!!
Dennis

Cherry Hill, NJ

#5 Jan 9, 2008
He is entering the draft because he has back problems and the number of years left in him is limited because of it. Might as well spend them earning boatloads of money rather than another fruitless year in the NCAA when he's already got his degree.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
Happy Halloween in the ACC (Oct '13) Oct '13 FanTapSports ACC 1
WVU's Close Call With Maryland Reflected in Wee... (Sep '12) Sep '12 cowboyslang 1
Maryland Football v. West Virginia: Country Ter... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Zac 1
ACC - Favorites will meet for title (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
Maryland Football: Vanderbilt's James Franklin ... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Hot doggie 1
coaching changes (Dec '11) Dec '11 terps 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••