What is keeping Maryland from being a...

What is keeping Maryland from being a Top 25 team?

terpsguy

Linthicum Heights, MD

#1 Sep 12, 2009
Why is it the Terps have so much trouble at home against a team like James Madison? At times, like last week vs Cal, we look more like a high school team. Is it Fridge, the assistants or just a complete lack of talent? And if it's the players why do we have trouble getting good recruits to come here? I'd say JMU's talent was right there with us for the most part. I don't expect us to challenge for a major bowl but I thought by now, in 2009-10, we'd at least be considered a tough opponent.
xxfo

Charlotte, NC

#2 Sep 19, 2009
Coaching includes recruiting; look how quickly UNC turned their program around. Fridge and Yow have to take the blame. But at least we have great, empty sky boxes.
terpsguy

Linthicum Heights, MD

#3 Sep 19, 2009
Yeah, sad but true. It's pretty disheartening to read an article titled "Terps not taking opponent lightly" and then see them play the way they did against MTSU. Playing with heart is great but not when you lack focus and intensity. And talent. Looking like a 4 or 5 win season (sigh)
stamper

Fernandina Beach, FL

#4 Sep 26, 2009
xxfo and they are doing a huge renovation to the stadium within the next couple of years.

I like ol' Ralph but I think its time to go. How bout gettin a big named coach and not only try to revitalize the terps but the whole ACC. I'm thinkin like skip holtz, Lou Holtz son, who had got east carolina in the top 10 last year. The name I alone would bring recruits.

and Yow, well, it wouldn't hurt my feelings if she got canned. Hasnt done much since shes been there, our lacrosse teams have lacked, football definatly has. Basketball has been our saving grace for ever and she cant get along with Gary Williams? Argueably the best coach in basketball...another time and place...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maryland Terrapins NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miami Dolphins NFL player AJ Francis moonlighti... 11 hr Hoss Ross 56
News Top-25 showdown on tap in ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bob 1
News Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
News Happy Halloween in the ACC (Oct '13) Oct '13 FanTapSports ACC 1
News WVU's Close Call With Maryland Reflected in Wee... (Sep '12) Sep '12 cowboyslang 1
News Maryland Football v. West Virginia: Country Ter... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Zac 1
News ACC - Favorites will meet for title (Aug '12) Aug '12 BigDan 1
More from around the web