WVU student spied on Marshall practice

A West Virginia student, who is apparently an avid football fan, was caught spying on a Marshall practice, officials from both universities have confirmed. Full Story
John F Hamilton

Lexington, SC

#1 Apr 23, 2006
Marshall has been harmed intentionally. She has been,i.e. her program has been imo, breached upon by WVU intentionally. Both, by the way are located in Appalachia. No major university should be allowed such latitude,or lawlessness such as WVU has taken against her sister University, without a standard of repercussion from the NCAA. I say follow up on this. If you do not, no one will.
John F. Hamilton
Charleston, South Carolina
Bruce W Coleman

Butler, PA

#2 Jun 3, 2006
It is apparant that WVU is more concerned it will lose to the Mighty Thundering Herd than they are willing to admit. One famous coach once said; "If you're scared, get a dog." We have heard all the excuses from WVU that they do not play I-AA teams,they won,t play in a stadium seating compacity with that of the herd,they will not play a MAC school on the road. We are not I-AA,they still wouldnt play, they went to Cincinnati with a lower capacity of seating than that of the herd, they played at UCF while in the MAC. Strike three, you lose. That is exactly what will happen in September. "GET A DOG FAST"
Link

Lebanon, KY

#3 Aug 24, 2006
Bruce W Coleman wrote:
It is apparant that WVU is more concerned it will lose to the Mighty Thundering Herd than they are willing to admit. One famous coach once said; "If you're scared, get a dog." We have heard all the excuses from WVU that they do not play I-AA teams,they won,t play in a stadium seating compacity with that of the herd,they will not play a MAC

school on the road. We are not I-AA,they still wouldnt play, they went to Cincinnati with a lower capacity of seating than that of the herd, they played at UCF while in the MAC. Strike three, you lose. That is exactly what will happen in September. "GET A DOG FAST"
YEAH BRUCE! GO HERD!
Dave Andrew

United States

#4 Aug 24, 2006
If the governor didn't push for the game it never would of happened. Why play a team ranked 80 something in your home state when the recruiting base is so small in West Virginia? It does not make sense.

You better bring back Moss, Pennington and Pruitt to win. Oops We already beat them.
WVU fan

College Station, TX

#5 Sep 5, 2006
WVU doesn't need to get a dog. That was evident on September 2nd. But that's water under the bridge. Moving forward, what have you Marshall fans learned? Here's a little saying that may be of some help in the future. "Be careful what you wish for......you just might get it!" Enough said. Have a nice season!
David McIlvain

Huntington, WV

#6 Sep 8, 2006
Recruiting is just another example, in the littany of excuses Mountaineer fans use to justify not playing MU. I have heard them all.

The real reason is 'Eer fans do not want MU to be viewed on their level. Most would agree MU is not at WVU's level yet...but we are not far off.

MU v WVU resembles the rivalry between Clemson and USC...and its not just sports where the rivalry exists.
Dave Andrew wrote:
If the governor didn't push for the game it never would of happened. Why play a team ranked 80 something in your home state when the recruiting base is so small in West Virginia? It does not make sense.
You better bring back Moss, Pennington and Pruitt to win. Oops We already beat them.
KDCM

Altamonte Springs, FL

#7 Sep 9, 2006
WVU is going to the N.Championship this year and it makes me want to vomit... As a Florida Gator, I am jealous of your cream-puff guarunteed to win schedule. Congrats mountaineers...
Dave

United States

#8 Sep 9, 2006
We would rock in the SEC too. Hopefully we can play Leak in the national championship game. We owe you for the 94 sugar bowl
KDCM

Altamonte Springs, FL

#9 Sep 10, 2006
Ahhh... I went to that game! I respect your desperate want for revenge!(I want to play Nebraska again for the 64-21 defeat they dealt us in '95... STILL!) I don't know that you would rock in the SEC though... Auburn, LSU and Florida would all make you feel like 1994 was yesterday.(Obviously I won't talk too much trash and include Georgia in that list.)
Dave

United States

#10 Sep 12, 2006
I too went to the game. Easily the worse hangover of my life.$2.00 Hurricanes sold out of cracks in the walls are a bad idea.

As far as the SEC goes, kick Vandy out and invite WVU in. Watch us Thursday then tell me how well we would do in the SEC.
KDCM

Altamonte Springs, FL

#11 Sep 13, 2006
You know, thats not a bad idea. You guys DO need into the SEC... though- everyone loves Vandy... they have more heart than any crappy team I've ever seen. They lose every game of the season and they only lose it by a field goal some how. You should replace Kentucky!
Dave

United States

#12 Sep 13, 2006
Kentucky and Louiseville in the same league would be cool too.
KDCM

Altamonte Springs, FL

#13 Sep 13, 2006
Yes... its just a shame Kentucky cant compete. WVU and Louisville need to enter the SEC together
cydog

Dodge Center, MN

#14 Oct 13, 2006
You are all wasting your time talking about WVU and the SEC, the BUCKS are in a different league now and will be for a long time. WVU does not want to play for a National Champiomship. Ask Major Harris.
KDCM

Altamonte Springs, FL

#15 Oct 13, 2006
Pleeeasse... OSU is good, but I'm not ready to put them in their own league. We'll see if you make it past Michigan... and if the gators run the table- You'll hate the state of Florida more than ever before.
Broadway Joe

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2006
KDCM wrote:
Pleeeasse... OSU is good, but I'm not ready to put them in their own league. We'll see if you make it past Michigan... and if the gators run the table- You'll hate the state of Florida more than ever before.
WVU is weak, a one loss SEC team could junp over them to the NC game based on the BCS polls. Teams that do not upgrade their schedules, should not be rewarded but rather penalized instead LOL!!! WVU EEEEEEERRR'S
PLEEEEEEEZE hahahahaha LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marshall Thundering Herd Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women's Basketball Defeats Marshall, 68-61, Sna... (Mar '13) Mar '13 BK Fan 1
Longtime head coach Bob Wright passes away (Apr '12) Apr '12 Music Man 4
TU Women's Basketball Falls To Thundering Herd (Jan '09) Jan '09 Alumni TUBB 1
Handy delivers game-winning shot for Herd women (Dec '06) Dec '06 LESLEY AND STEPHE... 1
Coach Shown in 'We Are Marshall' Pleased (Dec '06) Dec '06 Dennis Bardman 1
MU men sign junior college point guard (Nov '06) Nov '06 Steve Kelly 1

Marshall Thundering Herd Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE