IUPUI picked to win league

There are 14 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Oct 18, 2007, titled IUPUI picked to win league. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

For the first time, IUPUI is favored to win its league in men's basketball and advance to the NCAA Tournament.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Go IU

Bloomington, IN

#1 Oct 18, 2007
I'm happy for IUPUI. They have a great, under-rated team. I don't know if I agree with George Hill being a first round draft pick but he has a shot at the NBA. Ron Hunter deserves more recognition for everything he's done at IUPUI and I'm glad he withdrew from the BSU job.
Go Jags

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 18, 2007
go Jags can't wait for the season to start!
Jag Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Oct 18, 2007
I could see George in the NBA... I think he'd be one of the best guards in the Big Ten this year!
Jim

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Oct 18, 2007
I hope this means they'll get some press coverage; I'd love to be able to read about my alma mater somewhere besides the Star. Finding anything out about IUPUI basketball is like mining for ore.
Humble Pie

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Oct 18, 2007
Stay humble Coach stay humble..And we just might make it to NCAA tournament #14 seed...

“Just sorting it out.”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis

#7 Oct 18, 2007
I'm excited for this season. I missed watching George play last year. This year's going to be fun in "The Jungle."
IPS graduates 52 percent

Marysville, OH

#8 Oct 18, 2007
IUPUI should have an easier time making the tournament now that Valpo has been replaced with South Dakota State, North Dakota State and IPFW.

“Just sorting it out.”

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis

#9 Oct 18, 2007
IPS graduates 52 percent wrote:
IUPUI should have an easier time making the tournament now that Valpo has been replaced with South Dakota State, North Dakota State and IPFW.
Conventional wisdom might suggest that, but Oral Roberts has become a dominant force in the league. Over the past couple seasons, Valpo has gotten weaker and weaker in conference play.

At least for the foreseeable future, I think it's going to be a battle between ORU and IUPUI each year.
Unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Oct 18, 2007
I think George hill is one of the most talented kids to ever play basketball in Indiana! He can can get to the rim in so many diffrent ways.. People need to come out and watch him play this and see why he is a popular player..
TheDude

United States

#11 Oct 18, 2007
my old high school has a bigger court/arena than IUPUI. whats it hold 2,000 people? laughable for a div 1 program.
IPS graduates 52 percent

Marysville, OH

#12 Oct 18, 2007
K-Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Conventional wisdom might suggest that, but Oral Roberts has become a dominant force in the league. Over the past couple seasons, Valpo has gotten weaker and weaker in conference play.
At least for the foreseeable future, I think it's going to be a battle between ORU and IUPUI each year.
I can agree with that for the most part. ORU has really improved (including beating Kansas AT Kansas).

IUPUI has a chance with ORU to lock up the league for at least a few years.
IPS graduates 52 percent

Marysville, OH

#13 Oct 18, 2007
TheDude wrote:
my old high school has a bigger court/arena than IUPUI. whats it hold 2,000 people? laughable for a div 1 program.
I agree, that program could be so much more but the university fails to invest in the program. Recruits aren't even taken to the gym during the visit.
IUninethree

Indianapolis, IN

#14 Oct 18, 2007
TheDude wrote:
What you consider laughable is something I consider one of the charms of the program. I love going and getting that "in the action" feeling at games that you can get in high school gyms.

JJJ

Since: Jun 07

Columbus, OH

#15 Oct 18, 2007
Go IU wrote:
I'm happy for IUPUI. They have a great, under-rated team. I don't know if I agree with George Hill being a first round draft pick but he has a shot at the NBA. Ron Hunter deserves more recognition for everything he's done at IUPUI and I'm glad he withdrew from the BSU job.
George is a talent but a bit undersized for the league. Same thing happened with Carlos years back. He was a bit short to play the 2 but didnt have the ball skills to run point. But he was a spectacular college player to watch. If he had been D1, everyone would have known his name when he played.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Marquette Golden Eagles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2012-'13 Player Review: #0 Jamil Wilson (May '13) May '13 MUX2 1
News 2012-13 Player Review: Jamal Ferguson (Apr '13) May '13 Randy McKenzie 2
News Marquette reserve Thomas was key in first game ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 I Hate Syracuse 1
News Drew Gordon from New Mexico Wins StatSheet NCAA... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Frank 1
News Maury star signs letter of intent to play at Ma... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Edwin Blarff 2
News How Much NBA Talent Does the Marquette Roster H... (Jan '11) Jan '11 guest 1
News Lab results show Arkansas birds died of blunt-f... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Army CPT at Fort Lee 3
More from around the web