The rodeo rides into Manhattan

Full story: Newsday

The first thing you notice when you walk into Madison Square Garden is the smell.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
First time to the show

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

It was an interesting form of entertainment. It was wonderful that Jewel sang our national anthem and the room was filled with "Americans" who are proud to be here free in this country. I have seen many of these types of productions while flipping channels but never stopped to watch. They put on a lively show. It was a date night out...
other view

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2008

First time to the show wrote:
It was an interesting form of entertainment. It was wonderful that Jewel sang our national anthem and the room was filled with "Americans" who are proud to be here free in this country. I have seen many of these types of productions while flipping channels but never stopped to watch. They put on a lively show. It was a date night out...
Glad you enjoyed it. My mom, on the other hand, isn't so crazy about it. She is on the clean up crew for the Garden, and the 2 things she used to hate most were the Circus and the Dog show.
This is a hundred times worse.
Just venting for her :-))
Cornelius Earthling

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

It's bad enough that we eat these creatures ,, do we have to humiliate them in front of a paying audience ,,,
Joe the Hack

Elmhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

"Names such as Bad Action, Swamp Cat and Twister?"

"Cowboy hats?"

"A rider, commonly one weighing not more than 150 pounds, tries to stay mounted?"

"Every time these guys go out there to ride, there is a realistic injury of being maimed or killed?"

Why the h3ll is this news? This type of thing happens in Chelsea every night!
Nancy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

This is not a sporting event and bull riders are not cowboys. They are cowards who torture and harass animals. These animals are docile creatures and are shocked with 5,000 volts of electricity and have flank straps pulled so tightly against their testicles that they buck. In addition, these individual animals are seen as mere objects to these moronic individuals who truck them around from state to state in horrible conditions through all types of weather without any regard at all for the animals and their right to a life of their own. Hopefully enough enlightened progress people will help to put an end to this ridiculous and very sad display of bullying.
Mechthild

Basingstoke, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

What kind of journalism is this? Has anybody asked critical questions?Rodeo is cruelty to animals. The pictures are distressing. The animals are terrified. Did anybody asked what makes them buck? In other countries (Germany and Belgium e.g.) the flank strap is no longer allowed in rodeos? Why not? The information is available on the internet. Are journalists aware of the internet and how to use it for research?
A Sport for Morons

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

This is hardly a sport. Its an asinine activity that men with no intelligence take part in.
I do not see the bull having any fun being forced to endure this sad display of dominance and abuse.
Bullriding has a lot of unscrupulous practices behind it. How come Newsday did not cover that?
As for the Neanderthals that choose to ride a bull,and risk serious, if not life threatening injuries?
They deserve exactly what they get, if they should get maimed or killed, during their brainless macho quest to show off riding a powerful but innocent animal, that has no choice-or voice.
The year is 2008 and this kind of thing still exists? Yeah,might as well bring back the gladiators and bear baiting while you are at it.
William

Kansasville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Rodeos are cruel. Go to www.rodeocruelty.com for more information.
Bubba

Justin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Nancy, you ought to check out www.pbrnow.com for a bullriding education. I sure wouldn't call these fellers, cowards. You might say we all are cowards and I sure as hell would not say they are not Cowboys. When have you been to and NFL, NBA, MLB event and gotten to meet and greet all the team members. Not very often, huh? I seem to recall some QB dude that is doing time for abusing dogs. The other athletes in the PBR are worth alot of money nowadays to the stock contractor and work maybe only 8 seconds a weekend. The rest of the time they live in a luxurious pasture with their girlfriend or girlfriends, yeah kinda like some higher paid athletes. And no they don't strap down their privates on the bulls that is. If I paid $50,000. for a top bull do you honestly think I would let Mr. Vick get near my bull? Enuff said, I know your kind, as for me I'd rather stand for the National Anthem and a short prayer at any PBR or Rodeo SPORTING event then at the Super Bowl or the World Series.
Nancy wrote:
This is not a sporting event and bull riders are not cowboys. They are cowards who torture and harass animals. These animals are docile creatures and are shocked with 5,000 volts of electricity and have flank straps pulled so tightly against their testicles that they buck. In addition, these individual animals are seen as mere objects to these moronic individuals who truck them around from state to state in horrible conditions through all types of weather without any regard at all for the animals and their right to a life of their own. Hopefully enough enlightened progress people will help to put an end to this ridiculous and very sad display of bullying.
Bubba

Justin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

Not everyone in this Country can afford a college education and become a highly paid pro football or basketball players. We can't afford the "Roids" to make us big and strong. We might have been raised on a ranch raising cattle for our Country's PETA folks,(People for Eating Tasty Animals) To break the boring routine of mucking horse stalls, feeding hay in the cold weather to the cattle and mucking horse stalls. Yep, I think I'll pay my $200 entry fee to this weekend's rodeo and take a chance at maybe winning $500 to stay on a 2000lb bull. What a moron, I bucked off "Chilly Willy". Do you recall years ago a group of highly talented football players from some school in Dallas,TX got arrested for robbing some business. Good thing these PBR athletes are morons,too lazy to work and to scared to steal. Morons are we, hey that sounds like a good name for a bull.
A Sport for Morons wrote:
This is hardly a sport. Its an asinine activity that men with no intelligence take part in.
I do not see the bull having any fun being forced to endure this sad display of dominance and abuse.
Bullriding has a lot of unscrupulous practices behind it. How come Newsday did not cover that?
As for the Neanderthals that choose to ride a bull,and risk serious, if not life threatening injuries?
They deserve exactly what they get, if they should get maimed or killed, during their brainless macho quest to show off riding a powerful but innocent animal, that has no choice-or voice.
The year is 2008 and this kind of thing still exists? Yeah,might as well bring back the gladiators and bear baiting while you are at it.
Bubba

Justin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2008

By the way "American Gladiators" is back on TV

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manhattan College NCAA Discussions

Search the Manhattan College NCAA Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jaspers get back to winning ways against Marist (Jan '13) Jan '13 AGE 1
Hoop Legend Donnie Burks Dead (Jan '08) Mar '10 gracie 2
Fordham University women's basketball ends 35-g... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Todd Schuster 1
Former Rice Big Man Released (Jun '08) Aug '08 devon 13
Have you seen the Forbidden City? (May '08) May '08 BettyMagicalChinese 1
Master Spoken Chinese for 0 Chinese Background ... (May '08) May '08 BettyMagicalChinese 1
Knicks fan Jason Silverstein 'Fire Isiah' sign ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Nat Coach Dee Lancaster 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••