Isiah maintains innocence, MSG settle...

Isiah maintains innocence, MSG settles suit

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 10, 2007, titled Isiah maintains innocence, MSG settles suit. In it, Newsday reports that:

With the strong prodding of NBA Commissioner David Stern, Madison Square Garden disclosed late Monday that it had settled the massive and damaging sexual harassment suit filed by former executive Anucha Browne ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ove

Corona, NY

#1 Dec 10, 2007
I am a woman and as such I recognized that sexual harrasment does exist in the work place, but also know that there's a lot of women who abuse the system!! I tend not to believe that all that has been said is true.
verizon

Rockaway Park, NY

#2 Dec 10, 2007
OK Cablevision subscribers, tighten up those buns b/c The Dolans are going to give it to you in the behind again. Who do you think is going to pay for the settlement, you the customers!!!
direct

Stamford, CT

#3 Dec 10, 2007
tv
Coolie

Elizabeth, NJ

#4 Dec 11, 2007
Isaiah Thomas is the resinated residue from Jim Dolan's Bong of Life.
Dolan's so incapable of making any decision without conferring with his group of junkies and to cutloose Isaiah would only put another angry insider to Jimmy's Real Life Show out on the street.Isaiah knows it and just keeps laughing at all the white boy businessmen who sell out The Garden for every home game.The next time you see Isaiah smiling just remember he's laughing at you whitey....
LIer

Hicksville, NY

#5 Dec 11, 2007
verizon wrote:
OK Cablevision subscribers, tighten up those buns b/c The Dolans are going to give it to you in the behind again. Who do you think is going to pay for the settlement, you the customers!!!
Ah, yes...spoken by that great daughter of the great Ma Bell, Verizon, who will always hold you in her arms.(while reaching behind you)
MRE

Teaneck, NJ

#6 Dec 11, 2007
My Cablevision bill went up $10.00 this month. It appears my self and other subscribers are paying for this settlement.
Thanks a lot Dolan.
muneer

Hicksville, NY

#7 Dec 11, 2007
MRE wrote:
My Cablevision bill went up $10.00 this month. It appears my self and other subscribers are paying for this settlement.
Thanks a lot Dolan.
yes, it would appear that way to a DOLT but most people will realize that the rate increase wasnt a result of the trial but instead an annual increase due to rising costs overall. you'll see that most companies that provide a service are raising their rates...
Sad Knick fan

Forest Hills, NY

#8 Dec 11, 2007
Get out before its too late..Verizon is the answer... Let Dirtbag Dolan find his money elsewhere... Don't know why people spend their hard earned money to see such a pathetic team at MSG.. they are a lead wide joke.. with a joke of an owner and coach..
lamartrotti

United States

#9 Dec 11, 2007
Sexual harrasment. Exactly what is that and when does it apply. Since women have joined the work force that's all you hear. That awful woman who works for the New York Times, Lisa Olsen, used that tactic when one of the football players asked her if she came into their sweaty after an extremely hard game
just to see them naked, she freaked and suddendly became a "woman" and not a reporter. She got what she wanted, a nice settlement. Then there
was this woman in Detroit who got a job in a plant and objected to the guy working next to her because he had a "girly" calander, a calender that he had in that place for over 15 years. He had to remove the calender. I could site other cases but this large settlement seems obscene and not in keeping with what happened. Besides, who would name their child "Anucha", the name alone probably made her angry. And she is extremely "UGLY!!!" I think we should take a hard look at "sexual harrasment" and what constitues it.
santa claus

Denver, CO

#10 Dec 11, 2007
isiah thomas is scary to look at......and if i see that smirky smile again, i'm gonna scream.

time for him to go, he is dragging the knicks to the gutter and after last nights loss he has the nerve to blame the fans for not supporting the team. hey isiah: look in the mirror there's the blame
santa claus

Denver, CO

#11 Dec 11, 2007
Ove wrote:
I am a woman and as such I recognized that sexual harrasment does exist in the work place, but also know that there's a lot of women who abuse the system!! I tend not to believe that all that has been said is true.
a public apology would have been fine with maybe a little money paid as a fine, but 11 million dollars - NO WAY.
money is NOT going to make her pain go away - public humiliation against isiah and msg would.
CSI Uniondale

Bethpage, NY

#12 Dec 11, 2007
who cares; Isiah Thomas is Gay...he gave Magic Johnson HIV
James

Baldwinsville, NY

#13 Dec 11, 2007
At least the jury saw the truth. A man in denial is a man that will not get better. Isiah is, and always has been and will continue to be a man with no character.
Karen

Huntsville, AL

#14 Dec 11, 2007
Has anyone seen an editorial by Newsday demanding that this sexist, bigoted black man be fired?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Jaspers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jaspers get back to winning ways against Marist (Jan '13) Jan '13 AGE 1
News Hoop Legend Donnie Burks Dead (Jan '08) Mar '10 gracie 2
CP3 commercial (May '09) May '09 IamThunderbolt 1
News Former Rice Big Man Released (Jun '08) Aug '08 devon 13
News Knicks fan Jason Silverstein 'Fire Isiah' sign ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Nat Coach Dee Lan... 1
News The rodeo rides into Manhattan (Jan '08) Jan '08 Bubba 11
News Suffolk CC-Selden a national force in JC ranks (Jan '08) Jan '08 student 1
More from around the web