Knicks settle suit against Isiah Thomas

New York Knicks coach Isiah Thomas and Madison Square Garden could look at it in this way: They saved at least $100,000 by settling for $11.5 million the sexual harassment case brought by a former team ... Full Story
Stumblebum

Kankakee, IL

#2 Dec 11, 2007
Thomas is a jerk, but the idea that women need to be compensated for being offended insults the sex. It's a throwback to the Victorian belief that women are fragile and helpless creatures who must be treated like children. Women made progress, and then grievance feminism dragged them back to the dark ages.

A woman with self-respect and a spine will either deal with it or find another job.
Stupid Lawsuits

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Stumblebum wrote:
A woman with self-respect and a spine will either deal with it or find another job.
Why? She just got paid and this is *all* that this was about in the first place.
that explains it

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 11, 2007
Kind of a peculiar post there Stumblebum. Am not sure how you know that Thomas is a jerk. And the woman did deal with it...all the way to the bank.
aboutface

Lafayette, IN

#7 Dec 11, 2007
NY should let Thomas go. I would not want a man like this to represent my club if they want to maintain any integrity. Thomas is two faced.
Northsider

United States

#9 Dec 11, 2007
Stumblebum wrote:
Now, who's living in the dark ages?

“Vote Libertarian”

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington/Indianapolis

#10 Dec 11, 2007
Stumblebum wrote:
Thomas is a jerk, but the idea that women need to be compensated for being offended insults the sex. It's a throwback to the Victorian belief that women are fragile and helpless creatures who must be treated like children. Women made progress, and then grievance feminism dragged them back to the dark ages.
I agree with you that isn't the case here ....It is all about the money
Larry Bird

Rushville, IN

#11 Dec 11, 2007
I'm sending Tinsley to play for Zeke. He'll fit in well there.
kallen

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Dec 11, 2007
well here we go again giving in instead of going to court and giving more than likely the woman her way.
and awarding her that much money please lets get real!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Manhattan Jaspers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaspers get back to winning ways against Marist (Jan '13) Jan '13 AGE 1
Hoop Legend Donnie Burks Dead (Jan '08) Mar '10 gracie 2
CP3 commercial (May '09) May '09 IamThunderbolt 1
Former Rice Big Man Released (Jun '08) Aug '08 devon 13
Knicks fan Jason Silverstein 'Fire Isiah' sign ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Nat Coach Dee Lan... 1
The rodeo rides into Manhattan (Jan '08) Jan '08 Bubba 11
Suffolk CC-Selden a national force in JC ranks (Jan '08) Jan '08 student 1
More from around the web