MAVERICKS 99, KNICKS 89: Getting uglier all the time

Full story: Newsday

Isiah Thomas stood on the sideline - that in itself was more than he did in the previous two games - and while his team was being pummeled on the court, he was taking a beating from the fans.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 11, 2007
 
after 20 games, just 2 less losses than the Nets.. but the Knicks are ugly and the Coach needs to be fired and the owner should be forced by the NBA to selll the team....

is there an agenda by NY media? Still pissed that Isiah fired Larry Brown?
Bee

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 11, 2007
 
They will never stop until Isiah is gone. Please fire Isiah and trade Stephon for nothing - we would be better off. Thrown in Curry too!
HAWTHRONE WINGO

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 11, 2007
 
ISIAH SINCE LAST YEAR IS 50 GAMES BELOW 500.
THIS GUY SUCKS, FIRE HIM, DOLAN IS CLUELESS AND A LOSER WITH MONEY,
THE SHAREHOLDERS SHOULD DEMAND HE RESIGNS,
IF PEOPLE REALLY WANTED HIM OUT THEY SHOULD BOYCOTT SOME GAMES, BUT THAT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I FOR ONE STOPPED GOING LAST YEAR.
Frank

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 11, 2007
 
venom wrote:
after 20 games, just 2 less losses than the Nets.. but the Knicks are ugly and the Coach needs to be fired and the owner should be forced by the NBA to selll the team....
is there an agenda by NY media? Still pissed that Isiah fired Larry Brown?
It's not just the record. The embarassing off court headlines, and Isiah's record since he was hired. No progress at all.
Red

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 11, 2007
 
This guy has to be kidding. I was at Saturday night's game and it was not the "sixth man" to blame for the pathetic showing, it was the first through fifth men (with the exception of Lee and Richardson) and Thomas who is allegedly their coach. For eighty (80%) percent of the game, he did not even bother to get out of his seat.
It is abundantly clear that it is time for a change at the Garden, from top to bottom. I went because I was given free tickets. I wouldn't pay a dime to see a team that does not even make even a minimal effort much less what is expected of professional athletes and are led by a coach who has expressed his antipathy for the teams fan base.
Sad Knick fan

Rego Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 11, 2007
 
They've been a joke since Isiah took over in 2003 way before Larry Brown was hired and fired.. Isiah is a terrible coach and a worse GM just look at his record. There was a reason he was fired by Indiana because he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing.
venom wrote:
after 20 games, just 2 less losses than the Nets.. but the Knicks are ugly and the Coach needs to be fired and the owner should be forced by the NBA to selll the team....
is there an agenda by NY media? Still pissed that Isiah fired Larry Brown?
Professional

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 11, 2007
 
Wow, you guys in new york really dont support your team. You would think after they made a strong playoff push right before the team was injury prone last year. There are 62 more games in the season. The Knicks will make the playoffs. I guess you fans want Larry Brown back. When he was here the knicks went 23 & 59? Are u guys serious. Isiah comes in and make this a playoff bound team. Yes we are struggling but we have to continue to support. If you dont think we will make the playoffs, you fans are crazy.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 11, 2007
 
Professional wrote:
Wow, you guys in new york really dont support your team. You would think after they made a strong playoff push right before the team was injury prone last year. There are 62 more games in the season. The Knicks will make the playoffs. I guess you fans want Larry Brown back. When he was here the knicks went 23 & 59? Are u guys serious. Isiah comes in and make this a playoff bound team. Yes we are struggling but we have to continue to support. If you dont think we will make the playoffs, you fans are crazy.
they aren't crazy just clueless fans whipped into a frenzy by the NY media that felt Larry Brown was one of their own and should have been kept no matter what.
Bruce

Chesterfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 11, 2007
 
Hey Professional- Try paying $200 a seat to watch a bunch of stiffs sleepwalk up and down the court and then tell us how much patience we should have with this team.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 11, 2007
 
Sad Knick fan wrote:
They've been a joke since Isiah took over in 2003 way before Larry Brown was hired and fired.. Isiah is a terrible coach and a worse GM just look at his record. There was a reason he was fired by Indiana because he doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing.<quoted text>
Actually his drafts (Frye, Lee, Nate, Ariza) have been pretty good. It's the FA signings like JJ and Jefferies and trades for guys like Steve Francis that have been bad. But this is what I mean by fans that are just loud, obnoxious and have no clue other than 'we don't like Isiah and want every one to know it'. Kids are better seen and not heard...
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 11, 2007
 
Red wrote:
This guy has to be kidding. I was at Saturday night's game and it was not the "sixth man" to blame for the pathetic showing, it was the first through fifth men (with the exception of Lee and Richardson) and Thomas who is allegedly their coach. For eighty (80%) percent of the game, he did not even bother to get out of his seat.
It is abundantly clear that it is time for a change at the Garden, from top to bottom. I went because I was given free tickets. I wouldn't pay a dime to see a team that does not even make even a minimal effort much less what is expected of professional athletes and are led by a coach who has expressed his antipathy for the teams fan base.
there is no 'fan base' just drunk young idiots chanting like it's a high school game...
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 11, 2007
 
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not just the record. The embarassing off court headlines, and Isiah's record since he was hired. No progress at all.
last year they had 10 more wins than the previous year under LB with essentially the same team plus time for the rookies that LB wouldn't play like Lee, Frye and Nate.....
Ben Dover

Hightstown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 11, 2007
 
Professional wrote:
Wow, you guys in new york really dont support your team. You would think after they made a strong playoff push right before the team was injury prone last year. There are 62 more games in the season. The Knicks will make the playoffs. I guess you fans want Larry Brown back. When he was here the knicks went 23 & 59? Are u guys serious. Isiah comes in and make this a playoff bound team. Yes we are struggling but we have to continue to support. If you dont think we will make the playoffs, you fans are crazy.
Nice to see Isiah logging on and posting under a different name!
the troof

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 11, 2007
 
support this team???? Sir, you cannot be serious. I don't buy tickets, I don't buy merchandise. Off the court nonsense, lawsuits, subpar talent, a failed GM, terrible in game management AND they booted a Hall of Fame coach out of town before he could even to attempt whatever it is he had in mind (we'll never know).
Certainly, Larry Brown must have had a better plan thatn THIS!!! Remember when he took over for the 76ers? They HATED him. Their record showed it. Then, they did things HIS way. Read Allen Iverson's opinion of him now....calls him a father figure. LOVES the man! Helped him become a better defensive player and guided him to an MVP season. I'm disgusted with this organization and it's lack of direction and focus. This will not get any better any time soon.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Dec 11, 2007
 
venom wrote:
after 20 games, just 2 less losses than the Nets.. but the Knicks are ugly and the Coach needs to be fired and the owner should be forced by the NBA to selll the team....
is there an agenda by NY media? Still pissed that Isiah fired Larry Brown?
The nets are horrible too. Frank should also be fired. That fact does not minimalize the Knicks much larger problems. compare the Knicks record to the Nets record since Isaah took over. The Knicks are a disgrace and the biggest joke in the NBA, it's not a conspiracy.
Dingo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 11, 2007
 
The entire, once proud Knick franchise, has now become a fiasco that no impact player will want to join in the future.
Andy C

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 11, 2007
 
Fire Isiah and bring in Patrick Ewing! He can't do worse and he'll bring some pride back to the team!
Not From Madison

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 11, 2007
 
Isiah Thomas is actually the man. How does one do absolutely nothing right and keep his job and get promoted as well.

Dolan Sr. Step in here and fire your own son please. Enough is enough. Your family name is being embarrassed everyday the Knicks play.
isola is rihgt

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 11, 2007
 
Hey Isiah
Stop posting as "venom" and get the hell out of town. Take Dolan with!!
tjrover

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 11, 2007
 
these guys are unbelievable. to have the nerve to turn around and gripe about the fans? they play with no intensity and no heart and they're going to complain when the fans show their emotions? and isiah shows yet again how clueless he is. Van Gundy was loved by the fans and greatly supported by the fans when Dolan and Ernie Grunfeld had him on the hotseat in 1999 - which probably irked Jimmy Boy Dolan and his massive ego and huge head.

What Crawford should ask is if he were a fan could he handle watching this garbage every single night.

COULD YOU JAMAL? COULD YOU?

anyone who could possibly back Isiah Thomas at this point lacks a brain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of36
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Manhattan Jaspers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Manhattan Jaspers NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jaspers get back to winning ways against Marist (Jan '13) Jan '13 AGE 1
Hoop Legend Donnie Burks Dead (Jan '08) Mar '10 gracie 2
CP3 commercial (May '09) May '09 IamThunderbolt 1
Former Rice Big Man Released (Jun '08) Aug '08 devon 13
Knicks fan Jason Silverstein 'Fire Isiah' sign ... (Apr '08) Apr '08 Nat Coach Dee Lancaster 1
The rodeo rides into Manhattan (Jan '08) Jan '08 Bubba 11
Suffolk CC-Selden a national force in JC ranks (Jan '08) Jan '08 student 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••