Patsos tries to steam, not boil over

Patsos tries to steam, not boil over

There are 3 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Patsos tries to steam, not boil over. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

He wants to change, said Jimmy Patsos, the hot-tempered men's basketball coach at Loyola College.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Terpdan5

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2008
A very classless move, Mr. Klingaman, to refer to Loyola's reserves as 'scrubs.' Was this article part of a high school journalism project for you? Because that line in your article is juvenile at best. Because a player is not in the game does not make them a scrub, and I doubt coach Patsos feels that way or would refer to his players with such a term. More top rate journalism from Charm City.
Chris B

Hyattsville, MD

#2 Nov 21, 2008
I cannot agree more with the previous comment. Referring to college student-athletes as "scrubs," c'mon...you have to be better than that! Patsos is a man, he's over 40, so if you want to write a complementary article or critical one, go right ahead. But I urge you to choose your words a little more carefully when describing innocent kids who never have called you an amateur or careless writer. So, I guess for them, I will.
Conernedgrad

Glenside, PA

#3 Feb 26, 2015
Loyola, Md women just played probably their worst game all season. At a point of the year when they should be playing their best, they continue to play Bad Basketball....Its been bad basketball all season long...
No Passing (last in the league in assists), No Rebounding (last in the league in rebounding)...
Not playing the correct players.... There are a few that are allowed to shoot, drive and shoot, all day long , out of control- and thay play NO DEFENSE!
Coaching is very suspect...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Loyola Greyhounds Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Walker Earns MAAC Rookie of the Week Honors (Mar '08) Mar '08 lisa 1
News Loyola goes long-distance (Jan '08) Jan '08 Attila the Hon 1
News Patsos gets pep talk from Williams (Mar '07) Mar '07 COOKIE 2
More from around the web