Bess: Dooley out of line

Sep 11, 2007 Full story: The Honolulu Advertiser 8

“What the referee told me was that as long as we weren't on the field, they can do the haka. 'I guess we were out there in pregame, and they did it, so that's why they were flagged.”

HOUSTON - Adding fuel to what is becoming a heated rivalry, Hawai'i football players said slotback Davone Bess was the target of curse-peppered remarks made by Louisiana Tech coach Derek Dooley during the ... via The Honolulu Advertiser

Read more
Todd Elsen

Atlanta, GA

#1 Sep 11, 2007
This bull.... about Hawai'i doing the haka and getting 15 yards for unsportsmenlike conduct is stupid. And a head coach going after a player, whats up with that? I guess Dooley's daddy didn't teach him very well on what it is like to be a good head coach. Enjoy your season Coach Dooley, while Hawai'i is winning the WAC and getting into a BCS bowl game, you enjoy New Years at home, as usual.
fan from las vegas

North Las Vegas, NV

#2 Sep 11, 2007
Coach Dooley, setting a bad example for your team with that comment, no wonder your team lost. I guess your last play didnt work now you cant boast about beating the #1 team in the Wac (HI).
Karl

Honolulu, HI

#3 Sep 11, 2007
I was all set to congratulate LA Tech for a hard fought game and now this b.s. The LA Tech players don't deserve to have a head coach with a head case. The Warriors did what they had to do - on the field - to win. Too bad Dooley doesn't have enough confidence in his team to let them compete without the sideline bull.

Since: Sep 07

Honolulu, HI

#4 Sep 11, 2007
Doesn't it seem like there are forces out there trying to hold Hawaii down? The pre-game penalty (and some other sketchy calls during the game), and this whole Dooley thing seems to point to it... But hey, we won anyway. Go Bows!
Jon

Jacksonville, NC

#5 Sep 11, 2007
It is really sad that La Tech Coach Dooley needs to use tactic like this to gain an advantage for his team. Even before the game joked and that he partition the WAC that he could use 12 players on defense against Hawaii’s Powerful offence. He also brought to the officials attention of the rules of the Haka that cost the rainbows 15 yards unsportsmanship penalty. I also noted that Coach Dooley also made disrespectful comment to Devon Bess during the game. I mean common you can tell that Coach Dooley is one of the youngest coach in the NCAA, He is a BIG cry Baby and very Un- professional!!!
Brian

Waipahu, HI

#6 Sep 11, 2007
So what did Dooley say to Bess that was 'disrespectful'?
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#7 Sep 12, 2007
Dooley said, "Hey Bess! Go back to your grass hut and eat your pineapples that came from a tree. By the way? what do you guys use for money over there in Hawai'i?"
OLDBLUE

Zachary, LA

#8 Jul 11, 2008
Da Braddah wrote:
Dooley said, "Hey Bess! Go back to your grass hut and eat your pineapples that came from a tree. By the way? what do you guys use for money over there in Hawai'i?"
Guess you guys must have reallt smoked up the Georgia board, huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Tech University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News La. Tech's Justin Ellis faring well with NFL tr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News The Boldest Panthers Prediction Ever. Taulib Ik... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Greg 1
News Bears agree to terms with Mills, Washington (May '13) May '13 Darius Sewell 1
News Quinton Patton vs. Justin Hunter (Feb '13) Mar '13 you dont know jack 3
News Louisiana Tech's Allen named Ray Guy Award winn... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News No. 22 Texas A&M survives 59-57 over No. 23 Lou... (Oct '12) Oct '12 davada 1
News UVA Falls Short - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, V... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dude 7
More from around the web