La Tech upsets Mississippi State

La Tech upsets Mississippi State

There are 6 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Aug 30, 2008, titled La Tech upsets Mississippi State. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

TV Online La Tech upsets Mississippi State RUSTON, La. - Brad Oestriecher made a career-best three field goals and Louisiana Tech took advantage of three Mississippi State turnovers in the third quarter in a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Carroll and playcalling

Morganfield, KY

#1 Aug 31, 2008
Saturday night was the worst playcalling I believe I have ever seen. If you can line up and push the ball up and down the field, why wouldn't you? Dumb!

Now you lose one you shouldn't and 0-1 is a familiar stat.
laurel dawg fan

Laurel, MS

#2 Sep 1, 2008
I agree worst playcalling ever. I dont know what woody was tring to do but it didnt work. Hopefully we can get back on track on offense.
dawg1

Edwards, MS

#3 Sep 2, 2008
Worst call had to be calling a passing play on 3rd and long in field goal range and down by 2 at the end of the 3rd qtr. But it should never have been that close.
mstatedog08

Mississippi State, MS

#4 Sep 2, 2008
I don't care what plays you call, if you turn the ball over 5 times you aren't going to win against a high school team. That's okay, maybe two-a-days will get their attention. What do you think the score would have been against LSU if we turned the ball over 5 times. Oh wait, last year's stats already tell us.
bumbed out state fan

Chesterfield, MO

#5 Sep 2, 2008
I only have one question. Why in the world would you punt the ball away with a little over 3 minutes left on the clock and with the new change of the play clock from 25 seconds to 40 seconds after every play with only 1 timeout left. Like all of you said worst play calling Ive seen from state in a while. I am a huge state fan but this proves to me that last year was nothing but luck. Croom needs to get on down the road. With Chaney out for the season, our quarterback situation, and horrific play calling we might win 1 game. So much for back to back bowl games.
bull

Collierville, TN

#6 Sep 3, 2008
bumbed out state fan wrote:
I only have one question. Why in the world would you punt the ball away with a little over 3 minutes left on the clock and with the new change of the play clock from 25 seconds to 40 seconds after every play with only 1 timeout left. Like all of you said worst play calling Ive seen from state in a while. I am a huge state fan but this proves to me that last year was nothing but luck. Croom needs to get on down the road. With Chaney out for the season, our quarterback situation, and horrific play calling we might win 1 game. So much for back to back bowl games.
you said it right man groom is an idiot. we were doing fine running the ball.another thing either you believe in your starters or not, look what happended in the UT game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Tech University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr '16 binaries 1
News La. Tech's Justin Ellis faring well with NFL tr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News The Boldest Panthers Prediction Ever. Taulib Ik... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Greg 1
News Bears agree to terms with Mills, Washington (May '13) May '13 Darius Sewell 1
News Quinton Patton vs. Justin Hunter (Feb '13) Mar '13 you dont know jack 3
News Louisiana Tech's Allen named Ray Guy Award winn... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News No. 22 Texas A&M survives 59-57 over No. 23 Lou... (Oct '12) Oct '12 davada 1
More from around the web