Recruiting worth look in Hawaii

You don't have to hit the malls this week to understand that the shopping season is in full swing here. Full Story
Edward

Pearl City, HI

#1 Nov 29, 2007
Hawaii is definitely loaded with recruits. This is especially true for offensive and defensive lineman. Per capita, they probably have more than any State. If Hawaii could keep all of their top talent, they would at the least have one of the best offensive and defensive fronts in the Nation. Watch out LSU! Next would probably be linebackers. 3 of the top 5 Warriors linebackers are from Hawaii. The Islands produce quality safeties and occasionally All-WAC caliber defensive backs. They also produce their share of skill position players such as running backs, receivers and every few years a Division 1-A caliber quarterback. If Hawaii could keep most of their homegrown talent, I believe they would field a top 25 team every year with a legitimate shot at a BCS Bowl Bid almost as often. Many recruits leave the Islands for greener pastures, believing they will have better exposure playing for a PAC-10 school for example, only to find out later that they would probably have been better off if they had stayed. Last year 10 Hawaii players either got drafted by NFL Teams or got serious looks. Pretty good odds if you play for Hawaii. Of course the choice is ultimately up to players and their families, yet especially now, it would not hurt to give Hawaii a look. Go Warriors!
Warrior X

Honolulu, HI

#2 Nov 29, 2007
People have said don't count your chickens before they hatch, in reference to Hawaii going undefeated. Hey, I'm not only counting my chickens, I'm counting my chickens grandkids. If Hawaii goes unbeaten and earns a BCS Bowl bid, this will lay the foundation for generations to come. One huge benifit reaped will be in recruiting top talent, not just here locally in Hawaii, but Nationwide. Go Warriors!
BOSS Warrior

Pearl City, HI

#3 Nov 29, 2007
Hawaii is loaded with talent. Hopefully Hawaii keeps most of it. BCS Or Bust! Go Warriors!
forwarrior

United States

#4 Nov 29, 2007
Let's all contact NA KOA and donate 5.00 each.If we can get 100,000 People to give $5.00 each the recruiting budget will go from 50K to 500K. This would mean 3-5 full time staffers who only recruit for Hawaii. We cannot miss the opportunity the team is having this year to lay the foundation for a top notch program year in and year out. Call NA KOA and ask how you can be involved, then tell your friends to do the same, I did! Auto donate just $5.00 every month, and tell as many people as you can to do the same. Hey if you can give STAR BUCKS $5.00 for a coffee 10 times a month, you can certainly give the program $5.00 one time a month. Where are our priorities? Aloha!
Warrior Pulse

Honolulu, HI

#5 Nov 30, 2007
Football is King in Hawaii. Top Hawaii High School Football Teams can compete with almost any Mainland High School Team in the nation. Imagine if all of the top Blue-chip prospects went to UH. The Warriors would be a BCS Bowl caliber team every year. Go Warriors!
Big Wave Warrior

Pearl City, HI

#6 Nov 30, 2007
Hawaii got some big kids, if they all play for Hawaii, no team can match them in the trenches. Go Warriors!
Warrior Scout

Pearl City, HI

#7 Dec 1, 2007
Very good points, all of you! If Hawaii could retain it's top talent like most Powehouse Programs around the Nation, Hawaii could field a competitive ballclub year in and year out. Hawaii probably does produce more quality linemen per capita than any state. I'll do some research on this subject and keep you posted. Go Warriors!
Eve Of BCS

Pearl City, HI

#8 Dec 1, 2007
BCS Or Bust? We'll find out soon! Go Warriors!
808Pearl

Aiea, HI

#9 Dec 2, 2007
KOKUA UH FANS GOING TO NEW ORLEANS (the big easy)

Please buy your tickets through the UH Athletic Dept. UH have to sell 17,000 tickets alloted to them.

If they don't sell it, they have to pay for it...We need every dollar for the UH Athletic Dept to keep so they can fix the locker rooms and other stuff.
Warrior Scout

Pearl City, HI

#10 Dec 15, 2007
If Hawai'i beats Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, it will give the Warriors a big boost in recruiting. Players will flock to Hawai'i, instead of Hawai'i trying to swoon and entice them, only to lose them to big-name-programs. Besides going after top high school talent, Hawai'i should continue to go after the top Junior College Reruits. In the past and especially this season, they have made big impacts in their first years as Warriors. Think- Ryan Mouton! Go Warriors!
Warriors R Us

Pearl City, HI

#11 Dec 15, 2007
Warrior X wrote:
People have said don't count your chickens before they hatch, in reference to Hawaii going undefeated. Hey, I'm not only counting my chickens, I'm counting my chickens grandkids. If Hawaii goes unbeaten and earns a BCS Bowl bid, this will lay the foundation for generations to come. One huge benifit reaped will be in recruiting top talent, not just here locally in Hawaii, but Nationwide. Go Warriors!
I think you mean count your chickens grandchicks! Good variation on the saying though. Go Warriors!
Warrior Clip

Pearl City, HI

#12 Dec 16, 2007
Why are SEC teams like Florida, recruiting in Hawai'i? I thought Florida was loaded with talent. Go Warriors!
Warrior FANatic

Honolulu, HI

#13 Dec 20, 2007
Warrior X wrote:
The chickens are already hatching. The Warriors will have their best recruiting year of all time! Blue-chips Baby! Go Warriors!
GoGreen

Honolulu, HI

#14 Dec 20, 2007
What happened to our "blue-chip " player Action Jackson? Didn't hear much from him.
Warrior Jet

Honolulu, HI

#15 Dec 21, 2007
GoGreen wrote:
What happened to our "blue-chip " player Action Jackson? Didn't hear much from him.
Maybe they're saving him for the Sugar Bowl. Hawai'i needs all the help they can get team-speed wise. Go Warriors!
Warrior Nation

Honolulu, HI

#16 Dec 21, 2007
Warrior X wrote:
Get ready to open the Texas, California and Florida pipelines, Hawai'i! Come one, come all blue-chippers! Hawai'i is a top 10 team! You will have the best of both Worlds. Paradise and a High Ranked team. Go Warriors!
Warrior Fan Magazine

Honolulu, HI

#17 Dec 24, 2007
Warrior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>Get ready to open the Texas, California and Florida pipelines, Hawai'i! Come one, come all blue-chippers! Hawai'i is a top 10 team! You will have the best of both Worlds. Paradise and a High Ranked team. Go Warriors!
With all the exposure and the showcasing of Hawai'i's prolific offense in a BCS Bowl should be able to attract some of the top quarterbacks and receivers in the Nation. Who wouldn't want to play for Hawai'i. If Colt Brennan gets drafted high in the NFL Draft, this should open the floodgates for the Warriors! Go Warriors!
Warrior Watcher

Honolulu, HI

#18 Dec 24, 2007
Warrior X wrote:
Chicken Ala King! Recruiting will be king in Hawai'i 2008! Go Warriors!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Tech University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La. Tech's Justin Ellis faring well with NFL tr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
The Boldest Panthers Prediction Ever. Taulib Ik... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Greg 1
Bears agree to terms with Mills, Washington (May '13) May '13 Darius Sewell 1
Quinton Patton vs. Justin Hunter (Feb '13) Mar '13 you dont know jack 3
Louisiana Tech's Allen named Ray Guy Award winn... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
No. 22 Texas A&M survives 59-57 over No. 23 Lou... (Oct '12) Oct '12 davada 1
UVA Falls Short - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, V... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dude 7
More from around the web