Down, but hardly out for Hawaii

Down, but hardly out for Hawaii

There are 87 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Nov 5, 2007, titled Down, but hardly out for Hawaii. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

Comment on this story The University of Hawai'i football team dropped two places in the Bowl Championship Series rankings to 16th yesterday but - brace yourself - this was actually something of a good omen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Don

Bremerton, WA

#1 Nov 5, 2007
As much green that i bleed, it is frustrating every sunday to see the Warriors get disrespected. Some times i wish they would loose a game just to make everyone happy. Even if they run the table, they will never get its due. Thats too bad, because we play some good football in the islands and i proudly wear my UH colors here in Washington. Human Failure (Herman Frazier, perhaps you should have someone else handle future scheduling's because this disrespect is partially your fault........

“s'up”

Since: Sep 07

Davis, CA now King City, CA

#2 Nov 5, 2007
This is not a suprise. UH hasn't played a ranked team yet. The coaches poll is simply giving them some time in the sun until they face BSU.

Can you really expect the BCS to reward a scehdule with two doormat 1AAs? No way.
THE BCS had this situation blow up in their faces when they overlooked Orgegon and let Nebraska get waxed a few years back and by allowing Notre Dame to be run over by LSU in the Sugar.
BSUDAYAS

Rupert, ID

#3 Nov 5, 2007
UH will stall until they play BSU. BSU on the other hand will probably work there way up to about 17th or 18th even with two bottom feeder WAC teams left. When BSU and UH meet it will be 15 vs 17 or 16 vs 18, a good match up for the voters. That way the winner will but ranked somewhere from 12th to 16th.
PeteB

Boise, ID

#4 Nov 5, 2007
Good articles...telling of what most educated people think of BSU.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7410354

http://www.rollbamaroll.com/story/2007/11/5/9...
BSUDAYAS

Rupert, ID

#5 Nov 5, 2007
good articles
Fred

AOL

#6 Nov 5, 2007
"now comes the easy part, win out " after reading the article, I'm sitting here thinking, hell now UH plays the tough ones. how is that the easy part. they could very well lose to Fresno on their home field, and the sports writers then would boot them all the way out, or make it close then come to Reno and get stomped,or BSU takes them out at home like they done like forever.
PeteB

Cottonwood, AZ

#7 Nov 5, 2007
I can't wait for the Fresno UH game. Theres a good possibility that Fresno could win. But, seeing how both these teams are probably close to the same caliber and that It's in Hawaii then UH should win.... It'll be fun anyway. Why the hell do they play so late? I know the time zone thing but if they want people to watch they need to start the games earlier. Did they push the time later because ESPN picked it up? does anyone know or does UH not understand that what matters is what the people think not islanders when it comes to polls. Especially since they don't even fill their stadium
BSUBLUE

Sherman, TX

#8 Nov 5, 2007
its late becuase of the time there , which sux. Espn.com doesn't list it on there site as being carried by any channels, not even gameplan which is weird, i would probably pay the 150 to watch that game. I am hoping its late enough that the games on espn before that will finis early enough that maybe they will pick it up. Not sure though, just have to gamecast it on espn. It is going to be a good game, i have some fresno fans in my family that live hear in Idaho know, i asked them who they are rooting for and they said Fresno winning does nothing, other than give the WAC title to BSU, so we all might be rooting for UH so they stay undefeated.
Sbaird

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2007
Pete, your confusion lies in the belief that UH is supposed to care about what "people" who are "not islanders" think. They don't. They play good ball, they support the community, and the communities support them. In the islands, that is what counts.

It certainly doesn't count what biased individuals such as yourself think. Obviously, you despise UH. When someone supports your team, you refer to them as "educated". You complain about the time of the game, yet you claim to understand it why it happens. Then, you mistakenly believe that the polls shoul somehow be linked to the amount of people in a stadium.

Just say "I hate UH" and get it over with. And, to prove your point and that you do have a life, quit hanging out on the Honolulu Advertiser boards just so you can talk smack.
PeteB

Cottonwood, AZ

#10 Nov 6, 2007
Sbaird wrote:
Pete, your confusion lies in the belief that UH is supposed to care about what "people" who are "not islanders" think. They don't. They play good ball, they support the community, and the communities support them. In the islands, that is what counts.
It certainly doesn't count what biased individuals such as yourself think. Obviously, you despise UH. When someone supports your team, you refer to them as "educated". You complain about the time of the game, yet you claim to understand it why it happens.
Let me explain again because it always like talking to 4th graders with most you UH fans. Most you says stuff that is factually innacuratee, most of you say stuff about stats and games that is completely false...! Do you understand why that makes you uneducated? You say stupid stuff and people look at you like your stupid. Makes sense doesnt it?... And because your obviously a nublet fo college football.. what matters is what the pollsters think not the islanders..heck the islanders don't even show up for the games! So enough about the community support thing you can't fill a stadium you don't have support. If you want to play big boy football you have to gain the respect of the voters. What don't you get about that.! Geee!! what is wrong with all of you!

“s'up”

Since: Sep 07

Davis, CA now King City, CA

#11 Nov 6, 2007
Don't you get it Pete? They segregate fans into "islander" and "not islander" sections for home UH games. LOL
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#12 Nov 11, 2007
PeteB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain again because it always like talking to 4th graders with most you UH fans. Most you says stuff that is factually innacuratee, most of you say stuff about stats and games that is completely false...! Do you understand why that makes you uneducated? You say stupid stuff and people look at you like your stupid. Makes sense doesnt it?... And because your obviously a nublet fo college football.. what matters is what the pollsters think not the islanders..heck the islanders don't even show up for the games! So enough about the community support thing you can't fill a stadium you don't have support. If you want to play big boy football you have to gain the respect of the voters. What don't you get about that.! Geee!! what is wrong with all of you!
It's you who's uneducated. Which state has the most potato farms? The reasons why people in your state go and watch college football are because there ain't nothing else to do but to raise potato, get drunk, and root for the broncos.
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#13 Nov 11, 2007
Mach5Motorsport wrote:
Don't you get it Pete? They segregate fans into "islander" and "not islander" sections for home UH games. LOL
Mach5 motorfart, you and your LOL remarks, sucks really bad. Just don't comment anymore, you don't make sense at all. Peace!!! My sistah!!!
PeteB

Cottonwood, AZ

#14 Nov 11, 2007
LOL someone must be mad at there teams performance...as most of you tards do... resort to something other then football. After last nights game UH will be EZ! they sucked last night and so does the Braddah guy who thinks he is maui cool or some stupid shit like that. Far out man.... lol idiot
mark

Honolulu, HI

#15 Nov 11, 2007
ok ive been reading a bunch of these comments
people smacking people
I will say i live on hawaii (kauai)
I will say I moved here from Boise Idaho
I will say Im a bsu fan
hawaii has a great team
they do fill their stadium. the fans a crazy.
bsu/ hawaii its going to be a great game
bsu 42 / hawaii 28
sorry hawaii. bsu will win!!!
GO BRONCOS
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#16 Nov 11, 2007
PeteB wrote:
LOL someone must be mad at there teams performance...as most of you tards do... resort to something other then football. After last nights game UH will be EZ! they sucked last night and so does the Braddah guy who thinks he is maui cool or some stupid shit like that. Far out man.... lol idiot
Yeah! you really do need to stay out of the Honolulu Advertiser boards. Get this!!! A loner behind a computer who who seeks being cool by getting information through the internet to talk smack. Sounds familiar, because it's YOU!!! PetitB "DA GEEK" who is known to talk a lot of bubbles. I'll need to tip off the FBI because I think you're spending to much time on your computer, which, I may add is being financed illegally by the potato gang.
PeteB

Cottonwood, AZ

#17 Nov 11, 2007
did you come up with that all by yourself!? Your only making it worse for yourself. Im embarassed for you!
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#18 Nov 12, 2007
PeteB wrote:
did you come up with that all by yourself!? Your only making it worse for yourself. Im embarassed for you!
Don't be because I'm the one who is embarrased for you. If you would just sit back and think about it. Boise State will have a crappy and weak schedule in the future. Tell me which team from a BCS conference is going to come to your ugly blue turf and play the Broncos early in the season. All the talk about being respected is crap. Respect is already being shown by marque teams not coming to play and your athletic director having a difficult time completing the season's football schedule. So for the Warrior nation are we calling it quits because we play in a weak conference and have a weak schedule. HELL!!! NO!!! We will continue to play for the win!!! And that's how we'll earn respect!!! Your answer to that is to move to another conference to get respected, right. So keep talking smack, You potato mafia!!!
Da Braddah

Honolulu, HI

#19 Nov 12, 2007
mark wrote:
ok ive been reading a bunch of these comments
people smacking people
I will say i live on hawaii (kauai)
I will say I moved here from Boise Idaho
I will say Im a bsu fan
hawaii has a great team
they do fill their stadium. the fans a crazy.
bsu/ hawaii its going to be a great game
bsu 42 / hawaii 28
sorry hawaii. bsu will win!!!
GO BRONCOS
I like that, you being honest. But I say Hawaii 63, BS 23. I know because I have a time machine that I use often. Like what Mach5moterfart would say, "LOL".

“s'up”

Since: Sep 07

Davis, CA now King City, CA

#21 Nov 13, 2007
post game impressions:

Well people , I was at the game. It didn't sell-out. Took FOREVER just to find a parking spot. I had to travel over to Ford Island (where the USS Missouri is docked) actually it was very intersting parking on a military installation. But gawd, the whole area around Aloha Stadium was paralized due to the lack of parking. Started about 2pm with all the early tailgating otnthe stadium parking adn continues on. They say the Washington game is also "sold out along with BSU. I honestly don't know how Oahu will endure these upcomming games.

A logistical nighmare! I can't see people doing this for seven or eight home games every year.

At kickoff only about 60% of the stadium was seated. I estimated that 45,000 people eventually saw the game. Not a sellout.

Typical UH. Very strong start. 21-0 in the first quarter and then a special teams collapse and give up a TD return of a kickoff. Let Fresno get back in the game despite FSU mistakes and eventually UH survives with a 37-30 win. LOL

Seeing Colt get leveled was a surpise, but the UH O-line was allowing FSU penetration after halftime.

btw I was up in the 5th level nosebleed scetion GG row 26 seats 20 & 21 with my wife.($38 seats)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Tech University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr '16 binaries 1
News La. Tech's Justin Ellis faring well with NFL tr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News The Boldest Panthers Prediction Ever. Taulib Ik... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Greg 1
News Bears agree to terms with Mills, Washington (May '13) May '13 Darius Sewell 1
News Quinton Patton vs. Justin Hunter (Feb '13) Mar '13 you dont know jack 3
News Louisiana Tech's Allen named Ray Guy Award winn... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
News No. 22 Texas A&M survives 59-57 over No. 23 Lou... (Oct '12) Oct '12 davada 1
More from around the web