UH hoops hitting its stride

UH hoops hitting its stride

There are 18 comments on the The Honolulu Advertiser story from Feb 3, 2008, titled UH hoops hitting its stride. In it, The Honolulu Advertiser reports that:

A month ago as this Western Athletic Conference men's basketball season began, any use of University of Hawai'i and "win the conference" in the same sentence by head coach Bob Nash would have prompted laughter, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Honolulu Advertiser.

vanguard

Wahiawa, HI

#1 Feb 3, 2008
Great job by the guys, esp. the last 4 minutes or so when they closed it out. It's amazing considering thst they lost at least 2 or 3 great prospects to other teams because Nash wasn't hired as quicky as Coach Mack was. The young guys on this team are improving (and hopeflly they'll bulk-up a little bit for next year). Wait 'til next year-
I expect the recruiting to be even better.
Don--O

Hilo, HI

#2 Feb 3, 2008
Great column. Coaches should be commended for the job they were doing. I was concerned they'd fold after the Boise game, but came back strong. It's a shame we're still drawing less than 5,000 for a Saturday game. Maybe some of the Football bandwagon can make a stop at the Stanley. People are missing out. This is no playground ball. These guys play with all guts and smarts. Very entertaining.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#3 Feb 3, 2008
WAC basketball..yuck..it is just too minor league stuff for me.
PDX Hawaii

United States

#4 Feb 3, 2008
Yeah Don-O, UH needs to fill the house. Some of the football people and others who want to help this program, like elected officials, need to get out there and cheer them on!! Win or lose, despite how bad the conference is to most peoples eyes this year.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#5 Feb 3, 2008
It is difficult to worry about any WAC minor league team.
vanguard

Wahiawa, HI

#6 Feb 3, 2008
I see that 'alice', the "Wicked Witch of the West" is at it again!

I'll gladly volunteer to let your psychiatrist know you ran out of meds again. Honestly, I wish they would let us know when an an in-patient is released into the unwary & vulnerable public.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#7 Feb 3, 2008
sorry,,one has to face the irrevocable, implacable truth hon.
310 Warrior Mom

Makawao, HI

#8 Feb 3, 2008
PDX Hawaii wrote:
Yeah Don-O, UH needs to fill the house. Some of the football people and others who want to help this program, like elected officials, need to get out there and cheer them on!! Win or lose, despite how bad the conference is to most peoples eyes this year.
agree
Manoa Fan

Mililani, HI

#9 Feb 4, 2008
Great story here seeing Bob Nash succeed. A product of the University, NBA career, and now coach. He is showing his ability.

Alice if you don't like the WAC-- you don't need to go to basketball games-- we play in the WAC, so if you don't like the WAC then you don't care for Hawaii either. Guess what? Hawaii doesn't need people like you.
310 Warrior Mom

Redondo Beach, CA

#10 Feb 4, 2008
Manoa Fan wrote:
Great story here seeing Bob Nash succeed. A product of the University, NBA career, and now coach. He is showing his ability.
Alice if you don't like the WAC-- you don't need to go to basketball games-- we play in the WAC, so if you don't like the WAC then you don't care for Hawaii either. Guess what? Hawaii doesn't need people like you.
Nash will be great in a couple of years...give him a chance!
Responsible Speech

Haiku, HI

#11 Feb 4, 2008
alice wrote:
WAC basketball..yuck..it is just too minor league stuff for me.
Yes, it's true that the WAC may be a minor league to you and to many. However, in NCCA basketball any minor league team can make it to the big dance and sometimes even more. Look at what George Mason or Butler U did. For NCAA baskeball, parity was dealt with for the little schools and it paid off demonstrating that one can succeed no matter the obstacles.

Just remember, just because you graduated from a public or not so well-known school doesn't make you less of a person nor less reputable. I know many who went to fine schools that are, in society's eye, didn't make it in the world. So, like I tell kids, when you point a finger at someone, remember there are three fingers pointing at you!!! So Alice, being judgemental is fine with me, however, offering a responsible judgement takes forethought. Use it wisely, dear.
310 Warrior Mom

Redondo Beach, CA

#12 Feb 4, 2008
Responsible Speech wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's true that the WAC may be a minor league to you and to many. However, in NCCA basketball any minor league team can make it to the big dance and sometimes even more. Look at what George Mason or Butler U did. For NCAA baskeball, parity was dealt with for the little schools and it paid off demonstrating that one can succeed no matter the obstacles.
Just remember, just because you graduated from a public or not so well-known school doesn't make you less of a person nor less reputable. I know many who went to fine schools that are, in society's eye, didn't make it in the world. So, like I tell kids, when you point a finger at someone, remember there are three fingers pointing at you!!! So Alice, being judgemental is fine with me, however, offering a responsible judgement takes forethought. Use it wisely, dear.
You go to UH, you gotta love the Warriors!
alice

Honolulu, HI

#13 Feb 4, 2008
I go to UH but no one I know has time to waste on the Warriors. We are busy students.
ktch

Honolulu, HI

#14 Feb 4, 2008
Then shut the hell up about the sport teams at UH! And how busy are you? You are on these forums all the time. This is how alice keeps herself busy...
alice

Honolulu, HI

#15 Feb 4, 2008
no..I have not been on since yesterday morning. I am too busy with homework to always answer every problem here.

The warriors are a minor league team.
ktch

Honolulu, HI

#16 Feb 4, 2008
you are on here often then most...to answer every problem? who put you charge to try to give an answer to the problems.
vanguard

Hilo, HI

#17 Feb 5, 2008
I seriously doubt that 'alice' is a UH student. On top of that this is not the only blog she appears on to make her hateful, negative, anti-Hawaii & anti-UH curmudgeonly
comments. A blogger last week claims 'alice' is really a "guy"; a male UH student with low self-esteem with no life. I don't know about that, but I agree with the low self-esteem. I'm a counselor and I find that people of any age/gender have poor/low self-esteem if they tend to be negative & overly critical. If one has a healthy & positive self-esteem, one doesn't really find the need to tear anything or anyone down, since you're essentially happy.
You 'alice', seem to be pretty miserable; it's a shame you feel the need to make everyone else miserable too. It must really gall you that both the basketball & football teams are "on the rise". Go watch your Pac-10, Big-Ten,Big-12 teams or whatever & stop messing w/ true UH fans!!!
mctruck

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Feb 9, 2008
Bradah-Ferd,

weah you stay???? you on vacation-o-what??

If so....relax and enjoy; good health to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisiana Tech University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... (Apr '16) Feb '17 TechsPhartings 3
News On the hot seat? (Mar '08) Feb '17 SeatPhartings 3
News La. Tech's Justin Ellis faring well with NFL tr... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
News The Boldest Panthers Prediction Ever. Taulib Ik... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Greg 1
News Bears agree to terms with Mills, Washington (May '13) May '13 Darius Sewell 1
News Quinton Patton vs. Justin Hunter (Feb '13) Mar '13 you dont know jack 3
News Louisiana Tech's Allen named Ray Guy Award winn... (Dec '12) Dec '12 BigDan 1
More from around the web