KEISSER: LBSU old-timers finally get ...

KEISSER: LBSU old-timers finally get sweet revenge on UCLA

There are 5 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Nov 29, 2009, titled KEISSER: LBSU old-timers finally get sweet revenge on UCLA. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

It's late in the second half of Sunday's Long Beach State-UCLA game in the 76 Classic at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

Gary Little

Long Beach, CA

#2 Nov 30, 2009
Great win but why weren't the Long Beach band and cheerleaders in Anaheim like UCLA's? And will they show up for the NCAA Women's volleyball match on Friday?
IAMALUM

Huntington Beach, CA

#3 Nov 30, 2009
With about 20 seconds left in the game and Long Beach in possession of the ball with an eleven point lead, instead of allowing the team to go in for a monster slam dunk or to take a 3-point shot, Monson instructed the team to hold the ball and let the clock run out. That's class! Pete Carrol should take a lesson from Monson.
CHS

Azusa, CA

#4 Nov 30, 2009
Great column, Mr. Keisser. I remember that 1971 NCAA game well and I was only 10 years old at the time.
AG49ER

Murrieta, CA

#5 Nov 30, 2009
Great win for Long Beach State! I remember their baseball players laughing at us when we played them back in the late 70's. Our program wasn't very good back then and they beat us both times my team played them. Now the shoe's on their foot and I'm also smiling- a VERY DEEP smile of contentment. Yea!
Dodgerdarin

Del Mar, CA

#6 Dec 5, 2009
Bob nailed it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Long Beach State 49ers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HS GametimeBOYS BASKETBALL: Centennial's Griffi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News StatSheet Big West Players of the Week - Decemb... (Dec '11) Dec '11 hiddengems 1
News Phelps leads Long Beach State over Montana 7456 (Feb '11) Feb '11 Anonymous 1
News 49ers report: Strategy and personnel (Feb '11) Feb '11 Anonymous 1
News 49ers make late charge for win (Dec '10) Dec '10 PT Critic 1
News LBSU faces struggling Washington (Nov '10) Nov '10 Beach Bum 1
News 49ers rally, but fall short in overtime (Nov '10) Nov '10 LB FAN 3
More from around the web