George makes a big difference in how Bulldogs fared this season...

I * the afterglow of a victory Tuesday night in the first round of the Big South Conference tournament, UNC Asheville coach Eddie Biedenbach sat on the Bulldogs' bench and smiled broadly when the question was ... Full Story
Georgia Fans

Duluth, GA

#1 Mar 7, 2008
OK Keith, here it is

SMITHSON:

UNCA vs Charleston Southern March 4th

22 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 2 steals

UNCA vs Liberty March 6th

19 points, 4 assists, 8 rebounds and 1 steal

We figured since you just can't seem to promote Asheville's ONLY FIRST TEAM ALL CONFERENCE PLAYER, those of us in Georgia would do it for YOU!

We don't deny that George is a great player, but you have a 2 senior guards who have been outstanding and you have continued to ignore them as well as the rest of the UNCA team.

What is your deal?
Fan

Lexington, NC

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Smithson is just an average player. There are quite a few guards in the conference who are better. George helps his numbers by drawing attention away from him.
UNCAstudent

Casar, NC

#3 Mar 7, 2008
Bryan is more than average for the Big South. But the most impressive quality is his ability to rise to the occasion at the end of games and his refusal not to lose. He truely has a killer instinct. Also im guessing "Fan" has not seen many UNCA games, but Bryan scores most of his points when Kenny is not in the game and we are in a fast transition offense.
Georgia Fans

Duluth, GA

#4 Mar 10, 2008
Fan wrote:
Smithson is just an average player. There are quite a few guards in the conference who are better. George helps his numbers by drawing attention away from him.
Keith, sadly you continue to use fake names to respond. I rest my case. Try using your own name. If you are going to trash a player, be man enough to use your own name. We are just wondering why you haven't gone public with what you get in return for trashing all players, other than George.
John Nance

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2008
Both Brian and KJ were exceptional in certain aspects but in the Big South Championship game and against Ohio State in The NIT they both went flat.

The biggest part of being a great player is realizing what to do when your shot goes cold. Unfortunatly instead of working the ball inside to Kenny they just kept trying to score and had a bunch of fumbles, mis-cues and (oh yes) turnovers (29 vs Ohio State).

At times teams had up to 3 players covering Kenny. Kick it in to the big man and if he doesn't have a shot he will kick it out to the open man.

If you don't have the fast break...slow the game down and let the big man get into position. If nobody is under the basket...wait until somebody gets there that is unless you are on fire.

That's what I saw all season and for me it was upsetting. UNCA did fantastic but didn't do nearly as well as they could have if only these things were a greater part of the game plan.

When you have a kid as tall and talented as Kenny is the game must change. If the team has a history of being a "run & gunning" team adjustments must be made to incorporate the big (in this case great big) man into the flow because 7feet can't run wit 6feet but 6feet can't dunk without jumping or fill up the paint as well either.

With all of the praise...for accomplishments of the team I think that the coach could have done a much better job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Liberty Flames NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McKay set for new position with U.Va. (Apr '09) Apr '09 hamptonfan 1
Oh, brother: Can Tech curry favor? (Mar '09) Mar '09 Downtown Hpt 3
Liberty's Seth Curry to transfer (Mar '09) Mar '09 James 1
W & M earns Liberty final (Nov '08) Nov '08 Kim 2
Liberty shoots way past Virginia (Nov '08) Nov '08 UVa Fan 2
our seth is being compared to his brother.. onl... (Nov '08) Nov '08 ivan 1
Bulldogs set for TV game (Nov '08) Nov '08 Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 2
More from around the web