Nivins, Saint Joe's keep Lehigh at bay

Nivins, Saint Joe's keep Lehigh at bay

There are 2 comments on the The Morning Call story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Nivins, Saint Joe's keep Lehigh at bay. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Before tip-off, Lehigh appeared to face an imposing challenge, trying to beat Saint Joseph's for the first time ever Tuesday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

SJU Fan

Whitehall, PA

#1 Dec 3, 2008
Read the Phila. papers to get a true pderspective on the game and about Lehigh Basketball.
Nvins had a cold and still scored almost at will against Lehigh.
Theyare no in the same league as St. Joe's in actuality or even on paper. St. Joe's played fair and they certainly are not the team they were 5 years ago or even last year.
Unfortunately it was typical Morning Call reporting which makes like the Lehigh Valley s the center of the universe. Groller's column was more realistic in fairness.
Jim

Boyertown, PA

#2 Dec 3, 2008
SJU Fan wrote:
Read the Phila. papers to get a true pderspective on the game and about Lehigh Basketball.
Nvins had a cold and still scored almost at will against Lehigh.
Theyare no in the same league as St. Joe's in actuality or even on paper. St. Joe's played fair and they certainly are not the team they were 5 years ago or even last year.
Unfortunately it was typical Morning Call reporting which makes like the Lehigh Valley s the center of the universe. Groller's column was more realistic in fairness.
IS Holy Cross in your league in actuality or on paper?

Look, SJU had a great run with Jameer, and Delonte. I'll even give you the next year with Dwight Jones and Pat Carroll. However, SJU failed to capitalize on those couple yeras or so and is now at best a "mid-major" player.

Although Martelli is a fine coach, SJU has lost more than its share of players over the past 5 years. I don't know every little detail about the departures, but I will postulate this: If SJ had been able to retain some of those players, then your program might be a mid-major power.

Your comment about Lehigh is not totally accurate and your comment about "typical MC" was nothing more than egotistical hype.

I hope Ahmad gets over his cold.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lehigh University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Draft: What Philadelphia 76ers Fans Are Hop... (Jun '13) Jun '13 King Dyce 1
News Sports digest: Oakland Raiders sign 14 undrafte... (May '13) May '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
News Raiders Announce Signing Of 14 UDFAs (Apr '13) Apr '13 raiderfaith 4
News Black Bear Hunting Season Opens - Regional News... (Nov '10) Nov '10 KeepGitmoOpen 18
News Gatorade player of the year tops Lehigh footbal... (Feb '09) Feb '09 koch 1
News Fire destroys home in East Manchester (Dec '08) Dec '08 Helpless 1
News Lehigh proves its mettle (Nov '08) Nov '08 mr cubby 5
More from around the web