Wade's simply among best

Wade's simply among best

There are 34 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jun 20, 2006, titled Wade's simply among best. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

If there is one game that stirred University of Kentucky basketball fans into border-to-border grumbling about Tubby Smith, it is the game the Wildcats lost to Marquette in the 2003 Minneapolis Regional final.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

#21 Jul 26, 2006
role playing , isn't that what wins basketball games ? i think so . and so did walker. that's why he has a ring now. he accepted the role instead of complaining that he wanted to be a star. as far as his time with paul pierce goes ,it takes 5 guys on the floor to win games . not to mention those key players coming off the bench. the celtics , thanks to the hole rick pitino dug , had two talented players and that was it. does anyone know of a team that was a winner with just two key players when all others were constantly coming and going via trades ?

Costa Mesa, CA

#22 Jul 26, 2006
i don't see how dunking is not a skill? there are gradations of ability within it, it takes training, not every one can do it... what definition of "skill" would exclude dunking?

to revert to the old cliche:

1. Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience. See Synonyms at ability.

1. An art, trade, or technique, particularly one requiring use of the hands or body.
2. A developed talent or ability

again, i find it hard to understand what qualities of the act of dunking do not fit these descriptions.

as to the descriptions of basketball in america, i think the exaggeration is getting a little out of hand there. admittedly, fundamental ball is in a somewhat lamentable state in america, esp. in comparison to certain other countries in the world. on the other hand, we also have certain athletic advantages. people have made similar criticisms about many of the players we love to watch. anyway, american players haven't forgotten how to pass or dribble or shoot, so with this group of guys coming in ont he us team, i don't see a good reason to be so pessimistic.

Owensboro, KY

#23 Jul 30, 2006
Antoine Walker, no longer has anything to prove, he has been sensasional through his career,High School Championship, College Championship,(Kentucky)NBA Championship,(HEAT). And He`s still playing by the way. And BY THE WAY I`M White, Love You Antoine.
mitch arson

Brooklyn, MI

#24 Aug 30, 2006
Hiroger wrote:
wade simply is the best... NOT!!
but among the best.. yeah
You are just so full of it. Wade isnt that good, he wouldnt have a ring if it were not for shaq, and i dont know how you can call him the best when kobe bryant and lebron james are in the league.

#25 Sep 4, 2006
because kobe bryant hasnt won jack sheit without 40 points/15 rebounds shaq. wade won MVP and bryant didnt, wade shoots 50% abd bryant hobbels around 43-45 all the time, wade didnt ride coattails to win rings and bryant did.....etc....etcv...etc
jazmine hall

Norfolk, VA

#26 Sep 9, 2006
i love dwanye wade he is so sexy hes da best player in da nba and i dont care wat any1 says cause hes my boo 4 life!!!!!!!!!! no lie im serious p.s. dwanye if u c dis i love u sexy ur numba 1 fan

Covington, KY

#27 Sep 13, 2006
sounds like jazmine wants dwayne on top of her so shes can be saying oh dat be feeling good boo 4 life . ur numba one .
or is jazmine a he ?

Montgomery, AL

#28 Sep 13, 2006
Devon you have had a point or two but let's take a look at "Fundamental Point" and success in the NBA take Steve Kerr for instance he was fundamental didn't dribble the ball for long periods but was that a franchise player hmm no Duncan is considered a Fundamentally sound Franchise player but with out a "traveling/carrying" guard when parker/Manu didn't show up what happened. Ducan is so overrated he had been stealing the MVP from KG for years. I beat Devon would say KG is "razzle-dazzle-Duncan ". Nash shows that razzle-dazzle can win with the right personnel. A little "carry" here a spin move toward the basket and there's an pass to an in-flight Marrion or a open three for a bench player. It is all about the Right personel unlike the Pitno Lead Celtics that had a fat walker leading a full court press LOL. Team USA should have started Joe Johnson in place of melo a streaky shooter vs a pure one.
Jordan Moore

Augusta, GA

#29 Sep 14, 2006
When wade gets six or more titles than we can say he is better than jordan. Until then jordan is the best who has played the game. Wade is good now but not better than jordan.

#30 Sep 14, 2006
yes razzle dazzle can win but for some reason other countries are still beating the usa with basic fundamental basketball. i wonder why ? usa is suppose to have the best basketball players in the world , so what seems to be the problem ? to much focus on show instead of playing the game.
Cherry Green

United States

#31 Oct 13, 2006

#32 Oct 14, 2006
somehow i have to believe that cherry green just does not have that cherry anymore.
just one question , which nba player did you loose it to when hanging as the groupie at the hotel ?

#33 Oct 29, 2006
WADES the best mj won 6 titles and most of those at the end of his career he won his first title when he was 28 wade won his first when he was 23 and clearly wade isnt better than mj but he has potential

Bardstown, KY

#34 Oct 31, 2006
every year someone is "going to be the next mj" since iverson people have been saying it. next year it will be someone else and wade will still be good but no mj. NEWS FLASH, THE ONLY 2 PLAYERS THAT CAN BE COMPARED TO JORDAN ARE BIRD & MAGIC.
SOMEDAY SOMEWHERE SOMEONE MIGHT BE AS GOOD OR BETTER THAN JORDAN IN ONE OR TWO STATS BUT NOONE WILL HAVE THE COMPLETE PACKAGE LIKE JORDAN. mj was best at scoring, defending, & making other players better. I would like to know how many people on here actually are old enough to have watched mj especially during the first 3 rings when he was at his best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
News No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,837
News Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
News NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
News Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
News Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3
More from around the web