Wade's simply among best

If there is one game that stirred University of Kentucky basketball fans into border-to-border grumbling about Tubby Smith, it is the game the Wildcats lost to Marquette in the 2003 Minneapolis Regional final. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jamie Brewer

United States

#1 Jul 5, 2006
Kentucky had a mediocre basketball team capable of rising above themselves. Wade was in a develpment peak which made it too bad for the Wildcats.
Jamie Brewer

United States

#2 Jul 5, 2006
I would love for Rondo to have stayed one more season. However, I believe that his move to the NBA was correct. He will do well in the NBA. Hopefully he will continue his education later. Last year would have been a superb year with Azubukie, Rondo, and Perry giving spark to a team that had a good (acceptable) inside presence.
TrillBullsfan

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2006
As much as i hate to admit it
D'Wade is the closes thing to
Micheal Jordan in the NBA right now
Lou Balazs

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jul 9, 2006
Seeing almost every Heat game this year it was just a matter of when Flash was going to make the highlight move he always seems to make each game. Some might want to shoot me for saying this but I truly believe he is better then Jordan was at the same age and stage of his career.
Andres

El Cerrito, CA

#5 Jul 12, 2006
I agree that he is better than Jordan at this stage in both their careers. There are some factors you must look at before comming to conclusions. One, Jordan won 6 titles ... Wade is in company with LeBron, Anthony and many great teams out there (Dallas, San Antonio, Pheonix, Detriot, Chicago and the Warrios hehe) that will get in the way of him trying to get 6. If he gets more than 3 I would be surprised. Two, Shaq still has it and will continue to have it for a couple more years thus stating that Wade played along side the most dominant player ever in the NBA. You cannot compare Cartwright, Purdue, Luc Longley and Rodman to Shaq. Time will tell.
devon

AOL

#6 Jul 12, 2006
if the refs would call the palming and traveling as it should be called , then how good is wade and jordan? the nba game is now like going to a harlem globe trotters show. no wonder why europe has caught up to our country and beats us in the olympics. our players cant play fundamental baskteball as it is suppose to be played.
Jimmy James

Overland Park, KS

#7 Jul 12, 2006
devon wrote:
if the refs would call the palming and traveling as it should be called , then how good is wade and jordan? the nba game is now like going to a harlem globe trotters show. no wonder why europe has caught up to our country and beats us in the olympics. our players cant play fundamental baskteball as it is suppose to be played.
If blog posts paid any attention to grammar and punctuation, your remarks would be disregarded. No wonder our country is being over taken as a world leader and innovator, our citizens can't even write. And let me guess, you're white. This “fundamental basketball” comments always seems to crop up along stereotypical racial boundaries.
G-Pac

Northbrook, IL

#8 Jul 12, 2006
Jimmy James wrote:
<quoted text>
If blog posts paid any attention to grammar and punctuation, your remarks would be disregarded. No wonder our country is being over taken as a world leader and innovator, our citizens can't even write. And let me guess, you're white. This “fundamental basketball” comments always seems to crop up along stereotypical racial boundaries.
Don't try to hate on a bloggers grammar and punctuation, especially if you can't get it right yourself...
devon

AOL

#9 Jul 12, 2006
let me guess you are black . you use the race card because i say the nba is loaded with palming and traveling. we , as in usa , recently got our butts kicked in the olympics because , we as in usa have decided that the game should be played with ; palming , traveling , and slam dunks . the nba has left skills behind and became a razzle dazzle show. i would put any black player from the 60s , 70s , and first half of the 80s against any of todays black players . however , the refs have to call the rules the way they are suppose to be called. stop using the race card !
Zakk

Brandon, MS

#10 Jul 12, 2006
Wade is no Micheal Jordan, but he is the best clutch player in the NBA right now. In the finals when Shaq was virtualy shut down he and the the role players of Miami carried the team and Wade was the shinning star.
fo real

Madison, IN

#11 Jul 19, 2006
Wade is good but no Micheal Jordan Not even close d.wade is his own person we should stop putting current NBA players in the shadow of MJ. That was back then this is now.
Jalal

Port Washington, NY

#12 Jul 20, 2006
i hate wade but theresno denying his talent. He is no michael jordan for sure at his level he has a long way to go before bieng Mj. Besides when dwade came the heat was becoming succesful when mj came to chicago they were nowhere. If you ask me lebron is more like mj and will probably become better.
PCH

Miami, FL

#13 Jul 23, 2006
WADE is getting a lot of help from the Ref's just Like MJ in his golden days.Wade is not a great player by any means,he is only just as talented as his team mate Antoine walker......
devon

AOL

#14 Jul 23, 2006
be careful there pch . i said the same thing about the refs . jimmy james from new york called me a racist because i am white. seems like when it is noted that the refs let players walk more and palm more it is considered a racial slur. are you white too , pch ? the funny thing about it is that skin color has nothing to do with the fact that american basketball has became a razzle dazzle show and europe has stepped up with skilled passing and shooting to become better than us. the slam dunk and refs showing favoritism in college and the nba has created a situation where we in the usa can no longer say we are the best basketball players in the world.
Hiroger

Philippines

#15 Jul 26, 2006
wade simply is the best... NOT!!

but among the best.. yeah
jcc

Costa Mesa, CA

#16 Jul 26, 2006
how're you gonna claim that antoine walker and dwyane wade represent the same skill level? it's foolish. walker has admitted he can't even dunk anymore. dwyane wade, helped by the refs certainly, carried a team to the NBA championship. I don't think antoine walker ever did that, and he had paul pierce on his team, who, by the way, is also better than antoine walker who is, from all the obvious signs, a chump.
devon

AOL

#17 Jul 26, 2006
jcc wrote:
how're you gonna claim that antoine walker and dwyane wade represent the same skill level? it's foolish. walker has admitted he can't even dunk anymore. dwyane wade, helped by the refs certainly, carried a team to the NBA championship. I don't think antoine walker ever did that, and he had paul pierce on his team, who, by the way, is also better than antoine walker who is, from all the obvious signs, a chump.
since when was dunking considered a skill ?
Tarnaisha

United States

#18 Jul 26, 2006
dwanye wade is my man he is the best b-ball player ever win they won the ship i went crazy that's my boo pictures of d-wade is hanging all on my wall
devon

AOL

#19 Jul 26, 2006
best b-ball player ever win ?
won the ship ?
went crazy because of boos pictures hanging on wall ?

what in the name of name of blank does that have to do with the price of tea in china ? palming across center court , an extra 5 seconds of dribbling fancy with the ball , looking for your open man ( which happens to be standing in the paint for longer than 5 seconds ), who then kicks it out to d - wade ( as the other team mate thinks about changing his name to something mulslim ), d -wade then without putting the ball down takes not one but four strides to the basket , and the crowd roars as he spins and dunks. in the mean time team usa now trails china by 13 because china keeps passing and shooting from the outside open man. the coaches for china scratch the head in amazement as to why usa basketball has become a slam dunk contest. because d wade can do it , he is the best player ! i want boos picture on my wall too.
Zakk

Brandon, MS

#20 Jul 26, 2006
jcc wrote:
Antoine Walker is no chump. He may no longer be a star player, but he is a good role player. Without Walker's three point shooting Miami would not have won the championship. When Wade was still feeling the effects of the Flu and his game was impared, and Shaq was shut down Walker was the most consistent player Miami had. Wade is Miami's star, but the role players kept them in the playoffs so they could win the title.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,837
Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3
More from around the web