Shooting the Breeze

Is it me or has the University of Kentucky turned into the Notre Dame of college basketball? Every Saturday, I turn on my TV, and there are the Wildcats. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Nick

Kokomo, IN

#1 Jan 8, 2008
One word for you Douche....

Thats what you are.....

You must be a Duke or NC fan...maybe even a UofL or Tenn fan...choose another topic....
BIGSHAUN

Frankfort, KY

#2 Jan 8, 2008
We should be taken off TV cuz we SUCK!!!! Tubby started our downfall and now we've hit rock bottom!
Uknation87

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2008
Look people, I understand that UK is not good this year... ok we're just plain bad right now but let's face the facts here, until someone can dominate their conference like UK has over the last 40 plus years, I would say allowing them on tv during one of only a few down years in our tradition rich history is not that big of a deal. If want to see better basketball then the way I look at it is you have two options. One, wait until next year when Billy Clyde has more people willing to listen and run his system or buy the ESPN Gameplan and stop crying. GO BIG BLUE!!
P.S.
We're a football school now anyway. Lol!!
Fake Woo

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Jan 8, 2008
You must have forgotton or only be 4 years old:
It wasn't long ago that I had to sit and watch the Matt Doherty era. You may be flying high now, but it won't last forever.

The Notre Damn of Basketball. Poor analogy. Who lost 20? Not the Cats.
mike bassett

Louisville, KY

#6 Jan 8, 2008
shut up thats a terrible idea
billy gillispie

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 8, 2008
Why don't you just not watch if it hurts so much.
allen

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jan 8, 2008
The networks schedule games based upon the amount of viewers (advertising dollars) that the game will bring. UK has a large fan base, which equals strong ratings - win or lose. Fortunately, the networks don't base their programming on what one lone assclown like Joshua A. Capers wants to watch.
Acdixon

Versailles, KY

#9 Jan 8, 2008
C'mon. The Knicks have sucked for years, and it seems like they're still on every blessed day. Even NBA commentator Charles Barkley has complained about it, and I suspect your opinion in this situation carries even less weight than his in that one.

Face it; it's all about the $$$. Even with a 6-6 record for a game we were picked to lose against a hated rival, UK fans put the fourth most butts in seats in the history of Rupp last Saturday.
Etowah

Mills River, NC

#10 Jan 8, 2008
Well, taking a chance here but am a fan from NC. A diehard UNC fan but Kentucky is my second basketball power..just hope you get the act together and kick some butt this season. Kentucky is a great state, so many pretty women at the Derby..Love it.!!
richard

Lexington, KY

#11 Jan 8, 2008
Etowah wrote:
Well, taking a chance here but am a fan from NC. A diehard UNC fan but Kentucky is my second basketball power..just hope you get the act together and kick some butt this season. Kentucky is a great state, so many pretty women at the Derby..Love it.!!
we are not going to see them get it together this yr. Not enough talent and trying to fit into a new system is killing them. But just u wait. Within 2 years we will again be incresing that all time win total over them there tar heels and remain the greatest college basketball powerhouse there is
justin

Shelbyville, KY

#12 Jan 8, 2008
Okay,
I dont care what a fagget like you or any one else wants to say. Even if Kentucky is bad this year, you can watch something else for about 2 hours while the millions of people that are Kentucky fans watch their team play. And next year and the years to come, you will see why they put Kentucky basketball on tv every single game they play.
Karen Sykes

Middletown, OH

#13 Jan 9, 2008
Kentucky Basketball always has been and always will be the premier program in NCAA basketball history If North Carolina wins every game for the next decade they can never match our wins...and by the way Bruce Pearl..."time for Ky to pass the torch"hahahahaLMAOhahahah a
ladder truck idiot

Hendersonville, NC

#14 Jan 9, 2008
i like watching kentucky lose in puke ball on t.v.its right behind the oprah show.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#15 Jan 10, 2008
I never see North Carolina or Duke rebuilding is that because they are TRUE powerhouses.

Oh and their fans know how to treat a coach during turbulent times,notice how they keep their coaches instead of running them outta town.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#16 Jan 10, 2008
Is it me or has the University of Kentucky turned into the Notre Dame of college basketball?

Every Saturday, I turn on my TV, and there are the Wildcats. I have no problem with seeing good basketball, but they are on TV every week losing, with the latest coming Saturday to Louisville.

They are 6-7 and have a long road ahead of them if they plan to get back to .500 because they now begin conference play in the SEC where they’ll have to go 9-7 just to be slightly above average.

Considering Kentucky lost almost half of its “given” wins, I just don’t see that happening.

So with that said, can someone please send a memo to ESPN and CBS to get them off TV? Are losses to UAB, San Diego, Houston and Gardner-Webb not enough justification?

This column is priceless..a HAS BEEN !!
justin

Shelbyville, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
I never see North Carolina or Duke rebuilding is that because they are TRUE powerhouses.
Oh and their fans know how to treat a coach during turbulent times,notice how they keep their coaches instead of running them outta town.
o yea except for thet neither of them have as many wins as we do

and oh thats right North Caolina had three losing seasosin a row

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#18 Jan 10, 2008
justin wrote:
<quoted text>
o yea except for thet neither of them have as many wins as we do
and oh thats right North Caolina had three losing seasosin a row
Are you referring to all the wins UK got back in the dinosaur era ?

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#19 Jan 10, 2008
1 - Kentucky - 1,948
2 - North Carolina - 1,914
3 - Kansas - 1,906
4 - Duke - 1,818
5 - St. John's - 1,705

Wont be long til thats history too,then what will you weirdos talk about..
devon

AOL

#20 Jan 10, 2008
triple6vamp wrote:
1 - Kentucky - 1,948
2 - North Carolina - 1,914
3 - Kansas - 1,906
4 - Duke - 1,818
5 - St. John's - 1,705
Wont be long til thats history too,then what will you weirdos talk about..
if tubby would have been fired 3 years ago , UNC wouldnt have creeped back up so quickly.
so where is U OF L vamp ?

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Were not talking about us devon..keep with the topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct 9 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,837
Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE