Kentucky, Florida battle over recruits

Kentucky, Florida battle over recruits

There are 24 comments on the Scripps-Howard story from Jul 25, 2006, titled Kentucky, Florida battle over recruits. In it, Scripps-Howard reports that:

Southeastern Conference rivals Florida and the University of Kentucky are engaged in a recruiting competition to land two coveted 6-foot-9 power forwards from the class of 2007.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scripps-Howard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JAllen

Eubank, KY

#21 Oct 11, 2006
Sorry guys Tubby just doesn't have the recruiting power that a big contending school needs. My theory is that Tubby could go anywhere else and do ok. His days at Kentucky is numbered. Another bad year and the Kentucky Fans will demand accountability.
KENTUCKY WILDCATS can and will come back I just think it will have to be with a new coach.
devon

AOL

#22 Oct 11, 2006
yea he can go to any mid major and do just fine but an elite school such as kentucky is just to hard of a job for him to handle. that is why his recruiting stinks and kentucky is always rebuilding instead of reloading.
kygolfnut

Bloomington, IN

#23 Oct 16, 2006
I think the issue is not the type of players coming to UK, but the coaching staff - specifically Hobbs. I would love to see him move on to another school and get off our bench...every season since he has been there he has stuck his coaching philosphy into the mix and we go down in flames. I agree that Tubby has to make the call and it is hard to make the call on a personal friend, but this is UK and the school should come first. Get rid of Hobbs and see what Tubby does without the interference.
devon

Covington, KY

#24 Dec 4, 2006
tubby would do the same thing he does now ! take kentucky away from the elite and into the realm of mid majors. hobbs or no hobbs , tubby is not able to handle the job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
News No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,834
News Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
News NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
News Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
News Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3
More from around the web