Maybe Wildcats don't deserve our pity...

Maybe Wildcats don't deserve our pity after all

There are 33 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Aug 8, 2006, titled Maybe Wildcats don't deserve our pity after all. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

Why play the game? Why? The University of Louisville football team has two Heisman Trophy candidates.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Truth

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2006
Hummm, let me thing for a while? Wellll I see no reason at all to play them, the UNIVERSITY of KENTUCKY really screwed up be ever playing louisville in the first place. Louisville was paying people to attend their games, "YES PAYING PEOPLE TO ATTEND THEIR GAMES", and I know some poor dumb ass louisville fan is gonna go ape shit over that statement but it is TRUE! KENTUCKY "unknowingly" was primary in helping to build louisville. If KENTUCKY had refused to play louisville in the beginning it is entirely possible that louisville would have dropped football all together.
Now lets see how many louisville fans really know THE TRUTH!
DIDDY IN NAP TOWN

AOL

#2 Aug 13, 2006
IF KENTUCKY IS GOING TO SURVIVE,AND DO GOOD IN B.B. THE RECRUITS NEED TO COME ON AND HELP.JAI LUCAS AND PATRICK PATTERSON,JJHICKSON JOSHUA SOUTHERN,ANTHONY RANDOLPH.IT SEEMS LIKE LUCAS IS HEADED TO KENTUCKY TO PLAY BIG TIME BASKETBALL.LOOK IN THE N.B.A.THE PLAYERS FROM KENTUCKY.MORE THAN ANY OTHER SCHOOL.ALL RECRUITS NEED TO LOOK AT THE STATISTICS AND FACTS.THERE SHOULDN,T BE NO DOUBT.GO KENTUCKY GO WILDCATS AND GO RECRUITS ALONG WITH TUBBY.
The Truth

United States

#3 Aug 19, 2006
Hummm, little brother's Heisman candidates "LMAO" are in for a rude awakening. Mr. Couch makes them both look like kinder garden kids, and he didn't make it, but he sure as hell lit up Pappa John's Tim Couch Stadium. Hell if Mummie had not pulled him the score would have been triple digits. That is the difference in class programs, louisville tries to run up the score on everyone. What goes around comes around, lovisville's day will be here soon. I am gonna laugh my ass off when schools start handing them the lop sided scores. It will happen mark my words! This is "THE TRUTH"!
devon

Ft Mitchell, KY

#4 Aug 22, 2006
guess what diddy in nap town , recruits do not come on to kentucky. recruits come on to other schools. you can dream of sugar plums and recuits all you want . the bottom line is kentucky , thanks to tubby , is not an attractive place to play college ball. that is THE TRUTH !
The Truth

United States

#5 Aug 22, 2006
hey devon, don't be using my name in vain! lol There is only "ONE" THE TRUTH!
The thorn in louisville's side!
just the facts

Louisville, KY

#7 Sep 2, 2006
The Truth wrote:
Hummm, let me thing for a while? Wellll I see no reason at all to play them, the UNIVERSITY of KENTUCKY really screwed up be ever playing louisville in the first place. Louisville was paying people to attend their games, "YES PAYING PEOPLE TO ATTEND THEIR GAMES", and I know some poor dumb ass louisville fan is gonna go ape shit over that statement but it is TRUE! KENTUCKY "unknowingly" was primary in helping to build louisville. If KENTUCKY had refused to play louisville in the beginning it is entirely possible that louisville would have dropped football all together.
Now lets see how many louisville fans really know THE TRUTH!
Truth, your so full of sh?t you can taste it. Your team UK sucks in football while UL in winning. But thank for the help now kiss my a?s.

I hear you are a sheep breader.
The Truth

United States

#8 Sep 2, 2006
I agree with you on something finally, ul does suck in winning.
just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth, your so full of sh?t you can taste it. Your team UK sucks in football while UL in winning. But thank for the help now kiss my a?s.
I hear you are a sheep breader.
mike

Louisville, KY

#9 Sep 3, 2006
The Truth wrote:
Hummm, let me thing for a while? Wellll I see no reason at all to play them, the UNIVERSITY of KENTUCKY really screwed up be ever playing louisville in the first place. Louisville was paying people to attend their games, "YES PAYING PEOPLE TO ATTEND THEIR GAMES", and I know some poor dumb ass louisville fan is gonna go ape shit over that statement but it is TRUE! KENTUCKY "unknowingly" was primary in helping to build louisville. If KENTUCKY had refused to play louisville in the beginning it is entirely possible that louisville would have dropped football all together.
Now lets see how many louisville fans really know THE TRUTH!
the only dumbass is the crybaby kentucky fan who wrote this blog lol
mike

Louisville, KY

#10 Sep 3, 2006
The Truth wrote:
Hummm, little brother's Heisman candidates "LMAO" are in for a rude awakening. Mr. Couch makes them both look like kinder garden kids, and he didn't make it, but he sure as hell lit up Pappa John's Tim Couch Stadium. Hell if Mummie had not pulled him the score would have been triple digits. That is the difference in class programs, louisville tries to run up the score on everyone. What goes around comes around, lovisville's day will be here soon. I am gonna laugh my ass off when schools start handing them the lop sided scores. It will happen mark my words! This is "THE TRUTH"!
geez another ky goofball,yes couch was an awesome quaterback,he got snuffed because his team was fair at best ,if louisville can go undefeated ,or finish in the top 6 or 8 bush will win it,ky fans dont be jealous of a school with TWO excellent sports programs !!!!!!!!!!
diddy in nashville

AOL

#11 Sep 3, 2006
DAMN L'VILLE FANS HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST BUNCH OF BITCHES I'VE HEARD OF. JEALOUS?? IS KENTUCKY JEALOUS OF L'VILLE??? WHY? OF WHAT? THE CARDS HAVENT PROVED ANYTHING. YOU GUY ARE BRAGGING ON NOTHING. THE CARDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JEALOUS OF THE WILDCATS. IT DOESNT MATTER IF WE HAVE A BAD COACH IN B-BALL WE STILL KICK YOUR ASS, AND FOR FOOTBALL...WHO REALLY GIVES A SHIT ANYWAY? TO ME ITS B-BALL. L'VILLE ARE SO DESPERATE THEY WILL RIDE ON ANYTHING JUST LIKE YA'LLS MAMA RIDING ON MY BOLOGNA PONY!!!
UK Fan

Louisville, KY

#12 Sep 4, 2006
diddy in nashville wrote:
DAMN L'VILLE FANS HAVE GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST BUNCH OF BITCHES I'VE HEARD OF. JEALOUS?? IS KENTUCKY JEALOUS OF L'VILLE??? WHY? OF WHAT? THE CARDS HAVENT PROVED ANYTHING. YOU GUY ARE BRAGGING ON NOTHING. THE CARDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN JEALOUS OF THE WILDCATS. IT DOESNT MATTER IF WE HAVE A BAD COACH IN B-BALL WE STILL KICK YOUR ASS, AND FOR FOOTBALL...WHO REALLY GIVES A SHIT ANYWAY? TO ME ITS B-BALL. L'VILLE ARE SO DESPERATE THEY WILL RIDE ON ANYTHING JUST LIKE YA'LLS MAMA RIDING ON MY BOLOGNA PONY!!!
Anyone who is not blinded by their loyalty to the UK program can see that both Football and Basketball are going in the wrong direction, DOWN. Until both Brooks and Smith are replaced we can expect more of the same from Football and a continuous erosion of the basketball program.
Bigpoppa4276

Broken Arrow, OK

#13 Sep 7, 2006
If Rick Pitino wanted his job back at Kentucky maybe we could find him a job on the bench helping Tubby cause he sure hasn't proved anything in Jefferson county.He is so over rated just ask Red Arbuck he would like to have his money back he paid the Losser.If his game was as big as his ego they could not pay him what thats worth.STAY WHERE YOU ARE RICK THE BIG EAST NEEDS A WHIPPING BOY!!!!!!!
The Truth

United States

#14 Sep 10, 2006
:-)
mike wrote:
<quoted text> geez another ky goofball,yes couch was an awesome quaterback,he got snuffed because his team was fair at best ,if louisville can go undefeated ,or finish in the top 6 or 8 bush will win it,ky fans dont be jealous of a school with TWO excellent sports programs !!!!!!!!!!
KDCM

Eustis, FL

#15 Sep 19, 2006
I say you guys start trying to get Larry Coker to coach the football program soon... The state of Florida's trash could be Kentucky's SEC title in a few years. He'll be fired by the end of the year- If you start writing to the university now, it could happen!
The Truth

United States

#16 Sep 19, 2006
LMAO! I guess it's the same at every University! The AD makes a bad hire, the guy that replaces another that was well liked by the fans, same story. I can say one thing for Mr. Brooks, he is recruiting Quality, BIG, FAST, players that are starting to get us in a competitive mode now. We are like a welter weight that just stepped into a heavy weight class. Some teams in the heavy weight class we can kick their ass, others we get an ass kicking, lol.
You have to crawl before you learn to walk, we are still crawling, pulling up to things and doing a wobbly walk, then falling on our ass. We will get there, MAYBE! Hell we broke the Bear's jinks with Mummie, and fraud basset. If Mummie had fired Basset and hired a defensive corridnator we would be kicking ass and taking names now. Mummie was a brilliant OFFENSIVE coach. He had some SEC coaches running scared too.
The poor dumb ass just needed a guy to coach defense! Hey U of L, he flat ass kicked the hell out of Louisville, and he had enough class to pull Tim Couch and not score 100 points against you guys! He could have scored at will if he left Couch in, but he was classy enough to pull him and call off the dogs, unlike Bobbie Pitano. "LIKE IT OR NOT THAT IS THE TRUTH"
KDCM wrote:
I say you guys start trying to get Larry Coker to coach the football program soon... The state of Florida's trash could be Kentucky's SEC title in a few years. He'll be fired by the end of the year- If you start writing to the university now, it could happen!
UKiswesternwestv irginia

Orlando, FL

#17 Sep 20, 2006
did you know the toothbrush was invented in Kentucky? If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the 'teeth' brush.
KDCM

Eustis, FL

#18 Sep 21, 2006
I actually beleive that one.
Stefan Wilson

Goose Creek, SC

#19 Sep 21, 2006
the truth is that im one of only a few cat fans that knows that UL football went up and UK went down thanks to bad leadership and Claude Baskins. And as for my beloved UK basketball, even the older generation sees that Tubby is taking UK from the best program, to just a sub par 20 win season program. While UNC and DUKE continues to dominate college basketball. Its sad times in Kentucky as long as Tubby is there. He won national title with Ricks players and style.
The Truth

United States

#21 Sep 22, 2006
Hell westvirginia, what is that brilliant mind of yours doing in our room. I am so honored that you graced this Kentucky room. Tell you what, keep beating louisville and I will give you a free pass. Stop winning and you are no longer welcome here "dung head".
UKiswesternwestvirginia wrote:
did you know the toothbrush was invented in Kentucky? If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the 'teeth' brush.
TRUE BLUE

Paris, France

#22 Sep 28, 2006
Hey Stefan I think your dead wrong about Tubby. Is he perfect? No, but he is on the right path to building a good UK b-ball team. The last couple of years I chalk up the sub-par seasons to the players and recruits. Ex: Rakalin Simms no doubt has some major skills but did not step up a play with Grit. UK basketball is about gritiness, toughness, and the History of the program. Let this be a shout out to all in-coming recruits. Play tough, play gritty, and Lexington and fans will embrace you as family. There is no room for "soft" players. ROLL ON TUBBY!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
News No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,834
News Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
News NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
News Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
News Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3
More from around the web