Wildcats aim to snap their Final 4 dr...

Wildcats aim to snap their Final 4 drought

There are 28 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Oct 22, 2006, titled Wildcats aim to snap their Final 4 drought. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

Tubby Smith wants to get back to the Final Four, and the University of Kentucky coach is aware his fan base feels the same.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

AOL

#1 Oct 24, 2006
I always have great expectations for a new season, but my patience is wearing thin. I am really concerned that UK cannot recruit especially from the state of Kentucky. We just lost two of the three best prospects in the state to Mississippi State and Notre Dame. Hopson said UK offered a scholarship only yesterday, and that Notre Dame showed interest.

I know we are supposed to be loyal and true to our coach and team, however I am finding it difficult to remain committed to Tubby. I believe it is up to him to show that he can recruit good players like the Morris, Rondo, Bradley, and Crawford, and then get the maximum effort from them. You really cannot play 10 players 20 minutes each game and expect to have a championship team. If he is recruiting ten players to play 20 minutes each, then he is not getting the blue chip players.
Jimmy

AOL

#2 Oct 25, 2006
The Wildcats will not get back to the final four until Tubby is gone. Another coach could get Patterson and Lucus both, and even Mayo. It's sad but true. Tubby is a middle of the pack coach at best. Do we put UK there? We have been.
Dorris

AOL

#3 Oct 25, 2006
Why do all these idiots keep running the best coach in America down every week. Be happy, UK is doing ok with Tubby.
jason

Bardstown, KY

#4 Oct 25, 2006
Dorris wrote:
Why do all these idiots keep running the best coach in America down every week. Be happy, UK is doing ok with Tubby.
TUBBY SMITH HAS CONSISTANTLY MADE UK A LOWER UPPER CLASS PROGRAM SINCE HE HAS ARRIVED. WHEN HE TOOK OVER HE HAD THE BEST TEAM PERIOD & NOW HE IS STRUGGLING TO KEEP UP. DEONT GET ME WRONG, TUBBY IS ONE OF THE BETTER COACHES OUT THERE BUT WHEN YOU COME INTO A JOB LIKE PITINO LEFT BEHIND YOU SHOULD GET BETTER NOT WORSE. THE DOWN SIDE IS WITH TUBBY WE KNOW WHAT WE GOT, A STRONG SWEET 16 TEAM. IF TUBBY GOES THEN THERE IS A CHANCE THAT WE END UP WITH A WEAKER COACH & WHAT IF TUBBY GOES ON TO SAY ARKANSAS FOR EXAMPLE AND KICKS OUR A** EVERY YEAR.
DIDDY IN NASHVILLE

AOL

#5 Oct 27, 2006
TUBBY CAN GO TO HELL! AND ALL THOSE TUBBY FANS CAN GO WITH HIM! FACE IT, KENTUCKY IS SINKING FAST. SOMETHING NEEDS TO HAPPEN OR ITS ALL OVER! KENTUCKY ISNT RANKED IN THE TOP 25. HOW LONG HAS THAT BEEN? GREAT JOB TUBBY COCK SUCKER!! KEEP IT UP AND WE WILL NOT HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM ANY MORE... ITS ALMOST THERE ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!
DIDDY IN NAP TOWN

AOL

#6 Oct 27, 2006
I BELIEVE KENTUCKY WILL BE STRONG. SHOULD GET EITHER 1OR 2 SEED IN THE N.C.A.A.I DON,T KNOW WHY IT,S TAKING SO LONG FOR LUCAS AND PATTERSON TO VERBAL.WE NEED ANDERSON GANT AND MARSHALL MOSES.I THINK AKOL IS NOT WANTING TO PLAY FOR KENTUCKY.HE HAS NOT PUT KENTUCKY ON THE TOP LINE OF HIS LIST OF SCHOOLS.GANT HAS KENTUCKY ON THE TOP LINE.GRAB HIM.I WOULD LIKE TRACY SMITH IN A KENTUCKY UNIFORM.ITHINK HE IS A VERY GOOD PLAYER.GO TUBBY GO CATS.
DIDDY IN NASHVILLE

AOL

#7 Oct 29, 2006
HEY NAP TOWN JERK!! 1 OR 2 SEED? WHERE? THE N.I.T. MAYBE. BIG BLUE WILL NOT MAKE THE DANCE THIS YEAR. AFTER THIS YEAR TUBBY WILL GO TO HELL AND HE NEEDS TO TAKE HIS BLIMP OF A WIFE WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Chris

Kingston Springs, TN

#8 Nov 7, 2006
Diddy(I knew you were a dumbass!!)
josh

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2006
Tubby is getting the players, but the players don't wanna work for it, they expect to play when coming in. If you don't play hard, play defense, or not listen to Tubby. He will sit your ass on the bench. Pitino does the same thing. So if people wanna get techincal about it. Pitino can't recurit either. He hasn't recruited since he's been at Louisville. Though people say well they made it to the final four, that's because of the 3 pointers. Louisville is a lucky team and always had been. If it wasn't for the 3 pointers they hit throughout the tournament, they would be sittin at home. Tubby recurits better than Pitino and that's a fact. So if blue chips players like Rhondo wanna play more mintues well then come to practice and do what your told.
jason

Bardstown, KY

#10 Nov 10, 2006
AMEN

UK IS GOING TO KICK ASS THIS YEAR
Josh

United States

#11 Nov 13, 2006
jason wrote:
AMEN
UK IS GOING TO KICK ASS THIS YEAR
Kentucky is a sleeping giant. Believe me people are not taking Kentucky seriously they have some serious talent. And there gonna have more talent if not the #1 recruiting class next year. People can say all they want. But last season is in the past and this is a totally new and improved them. Kentucky is seeking revenge so Indiana, N. Carolina, and Florida watch out. Ya are going down. It is on. Kentucky will be in the final four.
devon

AOL

#12 Nov 13, 2006
hey josh

on paper kentucky does look good. can tubby do it ? i look at this team as a team that could win many games or lose many close ones. it will come down to chemistry and how well tubby can utilize his players.
Josh

United States

#13 Nov 14, 2006
devon wrote:
hey josh
on paper kentucky does look good. can tubby do it ? i look at this team as a team that could win many games or lose many close ones. it will come down to chemistry and how well tubby can utilize his players.
Tubby is good at getting his players to understand each other. A coach can only do so much. It's up to the players to make things happen. Tubby is coaching not playing. So when you had lots of distractions on the team that Rhondo and Sparks, Morris caused. It's gonna screw everything up. So it's not Tubby's fault. I think he could have been more disciplined that he has, but even still. Kentucky was struggling with their top players so had he taken them out Kentucky would have lost even more games and then would be in trouble so. We as fans aren't there to see what goes on with Kentucky so stop critizing and be more supportive.
devon

AOL

#14 Nov 15, 2006
josh , it is hard to be supportive when you see the other elite teams consistantly play for the number one seed and kentucky consistantly goes in the other direction. lets see what happens this year. like i said , this team looks like they could win every game or loose every game. that makes for a scary team.
Josh

United States

#15 Nov 15, 2006
devon wrote:
josh , it is hard to be supportive when you see the other elite teams consistantly play for the number one seed and kentucky consistantly goes in the other direction. lets see what happens this year. like i said , this team looks like they could win every game or loose every game. that makes for a scary team.
I dont think Kentucky will lose every game, they may lose a couple of close calls. But nothing like last season.
jason

Bardstown, KY

#16 Nov 15, 2006
i can deal with dropping some close ones but uk should never be beat like they were at kansas.
Ripley

Clarksville, TN

#17 Nov 15, 2006
It's the close games that Kentucky is famous for winning (except that one fluke in 1992, but I digress). I hope that this season we are more aggressive. That way, if we are in a situation where a close game is on the line, there will be no doubt that we will win.
Dixie

United States

#18 Nov 15, 2006
I think the Cat's just might surprise some folks this year.
Josh

United States

#19 Nov 16, 2006
Kentucky is young this year, we have few verterians and most of all we have some talented players. But Kentucky is gonna have to execute better offensively. Last night's game Kentucky was just standing around. They didn't do what they did in the first two games. When Kentucky plays solid defense that creates their offense and allows them to run in transition and when that happens Kentucky is unstoppable. Their also gonna have to work on free throw shooting. Guys free throws are easy and are free shots. Take advantage of that. Kentucky miss alot of those, had we made them Kentucky would have beaten Miami (OH) by more on the score board.
devon

Covington, KY

#20 Nov 17, 2006
if they play others the way the played miami , kentucky is going to loose a lot of games this year. my guess is tubby dwelled on that the next few practices.
lets see if they step up the pace. miami should have been a blow out for kentucky. what people still do not grasp is because kentucky has been an elite all these years , last year means nothing , teams come at kentucky as if they are knocking off the number one team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kentucky Wildcats Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Wildcats invited to Team USA Mini-Camp (Jun '13) Oct '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 3
News Kentucky Wildcats Basketball: Julius Randle is ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Ineluctable 1
News No. 5 Rick Pitino (Jan '06) Apr '13 Triple6 Vamp 11,834
News Kentucky Basketball: UK Needs a Go-to Scorer - ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Yunghooper 1
News NickiSue's View: Players are still Wildcats eve... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tasteless 1
News Kentucky Basketball: Wildcats a Force to be Rec... (Jan '08) Mar '10 big blue 9
News Sims plans to leave UK (May '06) Jan '10 whodat 3
More from around the web