UA wrecking KSU's preseason MAC vision

UA wrecking KSU's preseason MAC vision

There are 8 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Jan 23, 2008, titled UA wrecking KSU's preseason MAC vision. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

This is supposed to be Kent State's year. Media outlets around the league said so when they crowned the Golden Flashes Mid-American Conference favorites in the preseason.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

ziptrumpet87

Cleveland, OH

#1 Jan 23, 2008
And the battle continues...

I wish one of the local TV stations would pick up this game. UA vs Kent is always a good game.

Go Zips!
cloverfield

Canton, OH

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Slow news day? We seriously have an article stating that the Zips are "wrecking" Kent State's MAC title hopes because they are one game ahead, just four games into a MAC season that is completely dependent on a MAC tournament?
OMG

Akron, OH

#3 Jan 23, 2008
GO FLASHES !!! Neither has beaten a ranked team, so if they don't win the MAC tournament championship, neither will be going to the NCAA or NIT playoffs again, 20 wins or not.
R U Kidding

Richmond, VA

#4 Jan 23, 2008
Outstanding writing here. Kent States plans are being ruined? 14-4. Looks like they are WELL on there way to another 20 win season. Does Stephanie thinks Akron will go undefeated in the MAC this year??! This is a good matchup, with two good teams. But I don't think that Akron has ruined any plans yet.
Jon

AOL

#5 Jan 23, 2008
I agree with most of the above posts...play the game first and let the season develop a little. If Akron wins tonight, sure, you can definitely make the argument this article does. But I think it's a little premature to say that Akron is "ruining" Kent State's plans.
Dennis

Uniontown, OH

#6 Jan 23, 2008
The story is premature. But, if Akron wins, they are up by 2 games & have home court against KSU in the final game. These are the 2 best teams in the MAC & I expect them to remain close all season.
I attended & root for both, but I am mainly an Akron fan. Hope they stay the top 2 so they can possibly meet in the tournament final-not like last year when Miami got lucky.
Brian

Williamsburg, VA

#7 Jan 23, 2008
This will be a great game! It is great to see the game is sold out. Northeast Ohio should be very excited with the basketball being played in the area. We have three teams, counting CSU, that have real shots at post season play. Let's GO ZIPS!!
Spirit of Reagan

Redwood City, CA

#8 Jan 23, 2008
I will say that Kent fans lacked class during and after last year's loss to Akron in the MAC Tournament.

Does the MAC Center have the new transgendered bathrooms?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kent State Golden Flashes NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College basketball roundup: Spartans dominate o... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Brutus 1
News Simpson's 17 points lead Kent State to 63-57 vi... (Dec '09) Apr '10 dre bullock 3
News Anthony Simpson scores 23, leads Kent State in ... (Mar '10) Apr '10 DRE BULLOCK 2
News Ex-Buckeye Harris still pursuing NBA dream (Jun '09) Jul '09 Joan Standard 3
News Butler basketball team wins with 3-pointers (Nov '07) Mar '09 MEEE 4
News Giving spirit grips Illini (Nov '08) Nov '08 Conspiracy Man 1
News One of the greats: Bettendorf headed for KSU Ha... (Feb '07) Jun '08 I know better 3
More from around the web