No. 21 Nebraska Stops Kansas in 1st OT

No. 21 Nebraska Stops Kansas in 1st OT

There are 2 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 30, 2006, titled No. 21 Nebraska Stops Kansas in 1st OT . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Cody Glenn scored from a yard out in the first overtime and No. 21 Nebraska, which blew a 17-point lead, held Kansas out of the end zone for a 39-32 victory on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

richard

Sterling, VA

#1 Oct 1, 2006
what is the condition of the player that got his neck jamed?
Robka

Omaha, NE

#2 Oct 2, 2006
richard wrote:
what is the condition of the player that got his neck jamed?
I read that the injury is not serious and he should return to play this year. That is great news. I am a loyal Nebraska fan and I hate to see any injuries on the playing field. Kansas played a great game & I am glad I was there to experience the ups and downs on a beautiful night in Lincoln. I was upset that our fans were very quiet until OT and I wish someone would clear up that OT debacle. As I understand it, if you win the toss you get the choice to start on offense or defense and then the other team chooses the end zone. Why would Nebraska start on offense (which is a disadvantage because you want to know if you need a TD or just a FG) and play in the north end zone (the south end zone is much louder with more fans and students that create a much more difficult environment for KU)? I think it was referee error since they announced the wrong team playing offense, because I doubt our team would choose the north end zone for previously stated reasons. Let me know if anyone has heard why this happened. Also, I donít think we should make too much of this game, because to me it just seems that Mark Mangino has Coach Cozís number. KU has played two of their best games against Coz and then look average against other teams. Mangino has won a national championship with his offense at OU. I do think KU has a good team, but they seem to play to the level of their competition.

GO BIG RED!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas Jayhawks NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stars have aligned for Oklahoma to win Big 12 (Aug '14) Sep '15 Fart news 3
News Big shoes to fill: Kansas Jayhawks (Apr '13) Apr '13 Willie Weeks 2
News Weis seeking upgrades after first season at KU (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tim 2
News KU tight end Ragone selected to Mackey Award wa... (Jul '12) Jul '12 mr tibbs 1
News Tabuyo Looking Forward To Oregon Visit (Jun '12) Jun '12 Derek Jeter Jersey 2
News Jayhawks Hand Ohio State 1st Loss (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mr Breeze 3
Jayhawk Football game at Minnesota 1970........... (Jun '11) Jun '11 froggopher 1
More from around the web