UT, 3 others poised for Pac-10

Jun 11, 2010 | Posted by: MagnoliaWarbler | Full story: sports.espn.go.com

University of Texas regents will meet next week to decide whether the Longhorns will remain in the Big 12 or switch to another conference, setting the table for an unprecedented realignment of power conferences in college sports.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

I am going to be wildly annoyed if OSU, Texas or Oklahoma switch to the PAC 10. I have grown up loving the Big 12 and if we start playing in the TERRIBLE PAC 10 league I will be so disappointed.

I mean outside USC, the PAC is laughable.

I hope the schools get a clue and don't switch before it's too late!!!
Agreed

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Yeah I agree with you BreadNButter, it's called the PAC 10 for a reason. We are nowhere NEAR the pacific and don't want to be!

We are the midwest and proud of it. I feel like if the schools switch to PAC 10 we will be losing a piece of our identity!
DoITyourself

Mountain View, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

Judged:

breadnbutter wrote:
I am going to be wildly annoyed if OSU, Texas or Oklahoma switch to the PAC 10. I have grown up loving the Big 12 and if we start playing in the TERRIBLE PAC 10 league I will be so disappointed.
I mean outside USC, the PAC is laughable.
I hope the schools get a clue and don't switch before it's too late!!!
GO HOGS big 12 is going down the old SWC path. Texas should go to the SEC to renew that OLD Time Rival. Texas vs. Arkansas

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

DoITyourself wrote:
<quoted text>

GO HOGS big 12 is going down the old SWC path. Texas should go to the SEC to renew that OLD Time Rival. Texas vs. Arkansas
I would rather see Texas in the SEC than the Pacific league.

Geographically Texas is a middle America or a southern state and does not belong on the west coast.

And I can understand why a Razorback would like to see Texas join their conference.

Playing UT every year as they did in the old SWC would help Arkansas recruiting Texas high school talent.
SoonerNation

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2010

I'm horribly upset at Coach osbourne. I loved him but then he went and done this!! I've been a husker fan almost as long as a sooner fan!! I hope that those teams that have been said going to the PAC 10 won't go there but stay in the big 12 and pick up some hood schools. Or join the SEC which won't happen either it's a sad day. I hope Coach Suffers and so does his family!! He single handedly destroyed a great and powerful conference R.I.P. Tom Osbourne!!!
Nick Charles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Would love to see Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and A&M in the SEC. It would make the best conference in the nation better. However, any team joining can forget about an undefeated conference record cause week in week out the SEC is brutal. It is the "New York, New York" of conferences cause if u can make it there u can make it anywhere.
rojos

Papillion, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

SoonerNation wrote:
I'm horribly upset at Coach osbourne. I loved him but then he went and done this!! I've been a husker fan almost as long as a sooner fan!! I hope that those teams that have been said going to the PAC 10 won't go there but stay in the big 12 and pick up some hood schools. Or join the SEC which won't happen either it's a sad day. I hope Coach Suffers and so does his family!! He single handedly destroyed a great and powerful conference R.I.P. Tom Osbourne!!!
Awww, a poor hany-twisting bedwetter is mad at Tom Osborne. Gee, stop the presses!!
Tom in Lazybrook

Salem, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Judged:

A few notes.

1) I'm glad Baylor is going where it deserves. Most likely to C-USA. Houston should have been the 4th team taken by the Big XII years ago.
2) I'd love to see A&M in the SEC. It makes sense for th SEC and makes sense for A&M as they would finally be free of UT and would have the draw of the SEC's rivalries in recruiting. I'd like for them to combine A&M with someone from the ACC like Va TEch and stop at 14 teams.

A&M would still play Texas every year (like Ga Tech and Georgia or USC/Clemson) but they would lose Oklahoma and Texas Tech games. But they would play Arkansas, LSU, and Alabama every year and would periodically play Florida and Georgia.

If I were A&M, I'd make Texas try and not play them every year. Call their bluff, go to the SEC and finally break free of conferences run by UT for UT (and no one else).

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

rojos wrote:
<quoted text>Awww, a poor hany-twisting bedwetter is mad at Tom Osborne. Gee, stop the presses!!
Nebraska helped form the Big 12.

Why are they now defecting to another conference?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

As a SEC fan I hate to see the Big 12 took apart this way, It is a good conference with with respectable teams. All of this is just about the money and that is sad. If we see the day where Texas don't play Oklahoma or some other great conference rivalries it will be a sad day in CFB.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its simple. The conference has been run by UT for the benefit of UT alone. And Nebraska and Colorado and others are sick of it. A Big XII member that isn't Texas or Oklahoma makes little or no money from Conference revenue sharing. Their program was being shut down slowly.

Nebraska asked UT if they stayed would UT agree to commit to sharing revenue like other conferences? UT said no. Nebraska said "Bye".

Btw, I usually root for UT against A&M (I'm a SEC fan) and I despise Tom Osborne (from his tenure in Congress), but for Nebraska this move makes sense and was a long time coming.

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
Its simple. The conference has been run by UT for the benefit of UT alone. And Nebraska and Colorado and others are sick of it. A Big XII member that isn't Texas or Oklahoma makes little or no money from Conference revenue sharing. Their program was being shut down slowly.
Nebraska asked UT if they stayed would UT agree to commit to sharing revenue like other conferences? UT said no. Nebraska said "Bye".
Btw, I usually root for UT against A&M (I'm a SEC fan) and I despise Tom Osborne (from his tenure in Congress), but for Nebraska this move makes sense and was a long time coming.
Why does Nebraska expect Texas to share their income?

Texas has a better head-to-head record against Nebraska and a more recent national championship.

So they are worth more in the free market of college football viewers than Nebraska at this time.

No, I think what Nebraska is really looking for is an easier conference where they can be more competative on the football field.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas has a better head-to-head record against Nebraska and a more recent national championship.
So they are worth more in the free market of college football viewers than Nebraska at this time.
No, I think what Nebraska is really looking for is an easier conference where they can be more competative on the football field.
THey shouldn't. But don't get pissed when Nebraska decides to look for the best place for them to earn income.

Mckinney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2010

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
THey shouldn't. But don't get pissed when Nebraska decides to look for the best place for them to earn income.
I know how much the universities like money.

But Nebraska not only founded the Big 12 they were founding members of the Big 8 when they won so many national championships.
Logboom

Stanwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

I know most are interested in Football, but think about the college Baseball landscape! If Texas and others join the Pac-10 it would be a very dominate conference for Baseball. You would have UCLA, USC, Stanford, Arizona, Oregon and California these schools are consistently in the College World Series. With the addition of Texas it would be awesome.
Here are some facts:
The Best of the Best
Most College World Series Titles Won

Southern California 12
Texas 6
LSU 6
Arizona State 5
Miami 4
Cal State Fullerton 4
Arizona 3
Minnesota 3
California 2
Michigan 2
Oklahoma 2
Oregon State 2
Stanford 2

6 of the 13 teams are from the Pac-10. Adding Texas and Oklahoma would make it 8 out of 13 teams from the same Conference.
omg

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

SoonerNation wrote:
your a douch, Osbourne made complete sense of a lousy situation. Texas, Oklahome, and the rest of the Big 12 schools were begging them to stay and at the same time Texas, OU, Okey State, A@M were talking to two other confrences. talking to the Pac 10, Big 10, the SEC and telling the Big 12 they wanted to stay. At least Nebraska did their move without worrying what texas was going to do.
omg

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2010

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is also why Texas will choose the Pac 10, instead of going to the SEC to get beat up on by Bama, Florida and LSU.

“crystelZENmud”

Since: Jan 07

Reality City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
I just heard about this!(CU-Boulder/Denver alum)...

I didn't know that the 'rents' were so dislocated; if CU joins other former Big XII teams in the "PAC-10", will it remain "10" or boost up to 12-14? Anyone have a good serious link onto the business side of the story?

Zjd
mustafa

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
They're doing what they feel is best for them.
mustafa

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2010

Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, why should texas get their own TV deal above and beyond the Big 12 share pool? Has nothing to do with scheduling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kansas Jayhawks NCAA Football Discussions

Search the Kansas Jayhawks NCAA Football Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Big shoes to fill: Kansas Jayhawks (Apr '13) Apr '13 Willie Weeks 2
Weis seeking upgrades after first season at KU (Dec '12) Dec '12 Tim 2
KU tight end Ragone selected to Mackey Award wa... (Jul '12) Jul '12 mr tibbs 1
Tabuyo Looking Forward To Oregon Visit (Jun '12) Jun '12 Derek Jeter Jersey 2
Jayhawks Hand Ohio State 1st Loss (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mr Breeze 3
Jayhawk Football game at Minnesota 1970........... (Jun '11) Jun '11 froggopher 1
KU football player arrested for DUI (Feb '11) Feb '11 Chosen Traveler 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••