Hunter won't seek Ball State post, so...

Hunter won't seek Ball State post, source says

There are 105 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 7, 2007, titled Hunter won't seek Ball State post, source says. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

IUPUI basketball coach Ron Hunter has withdrawn his name from consideration to take over the same position at Ball State, according to a source familiar with the situation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bob Knight

Fishers, IN

#1 Aug 7, 2007
I nominate Mr. Knight for the job! Do I hear a second? I know it would never happen, but it would be awesome!
Dane Fife

Fort Wayne, IN

#2 Aug 7, 2007
Hey guys, I'm ready!
Adult World

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 7, 2007
Ouch...Being turned down by a directional school coach. Could Ball State be headed for the Summit AC? or maybe DII?
cjcoake

Reno, NV

#4 Aug 7, 2007
I was a freshman at BSU during the Sweet Sixteen run in '90. During my four years there BSU was feared. We were practically unbeatable at home. There's no reason an Indiana university with 20K students and BSU's resources should be this bad. It's shameful.

I teach at University of Nevada, a smaller school that's on the verge of becoming the next Gonzaga. Makes me even sadder for the Cardinals.
no doubt

Pendleton, IN

#5 Aug 7, 2007
Can't blame him. It would be a step back from IUPUI.
mr astute

Greenfield, IN

#6 Aug 7, 2007
BallStates' problems actually began in 2000-when Rick Majarus went to coach at Utah!---and they havenot been the same ------so my solutiion would be to hire---------Dane Fife--asap!
Go Jaguars

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Aug 7, 2007
This is great news for IUPUI.
JTA

Burlington, IN

#8 Aug 7, 2007
Ball State just got a real good glimpse of its reflection. Ron Hunter is a class guy who understands that the situation in Muncie is awful. In pevious years when Ball State was caught cheating (using coaches phone cards and such) they were winning. Cheaters who win are much easier to like than cheaters who lose. Way to go Cardinals, another proud moment we all soon will try and forget.
The Real Dane Fife

Columbus, IN

#9 Aug 7, 2007
Sorry folks. I haven't won squat yet. No way I get this job.

I hereby nominate Frank Kendrick.
Darwin

AOL

#10 Aug 7, 2007
Wise choice Mr Hunter; may you seek the dreams that will fulfill your destiny.
joe

Bloomingdale, IL

#11 Aug 7, 2007
Bob Knight wrote:
I nominate Mr. Knight for the job! Do I hear a second? I know it would never happen, but it would be awesome!
The bottom line is the only coach that could turn this program around and be a coach that this community would accept and respect would be either Bill Parcels or Bob Knight. Mr. Hunter I think you made a very good choice. There are alot of issues this school has got to, I mean got to iron out before bringing another coach, any coach here.
Nelson

San Francisco, CA

#12 Aug 7, 2007
Smart choice my man, why is Ball State even considering hiring a Black coach after all the riff-raf they have been through. A bunch of racist students up there.
Bob Knight

Fishers, IN

#13 Aug 7, 2007
mr astute wrote:
BallStates' problems actually began in 2000-when Rick Majarus went to coach at Utah!---and they havenot been the same ------so my solutiion would be to hire---------Dane Fife--asap!
Shut up you idiot! Ray McCallum left in 2000 to coach Houston. Go find another forum to ruin.
Ray McCallum

Fort Wayne, IN

#14 Aug 7, 2007
mr astute wrote:
Moron, I left the team in 2000 to go coach at Houston, get your facts straight DOOFUS
victory park

Hartford, CT

#15 Aug 7, 2007
He has too much talent to take a step backwards.
Oldtimer

Mchenry, IL

#16 Aug 7, 2007
Fife would be fine.
cts

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Aug 7, 2007
yeah dane fife is the answer. haaaaaaaaa
Ummm Seriously

Louisville, KY

#18 Aug 7, 2007
Awesome!
JAFO

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Aug 7, 2007
mr astute wrote:
2000? I think you meant 1990. Rick Majerus only coached at Ball State from 1987-89.
bsu

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Aug 7, 2007
It is too bad. That athletic department is a mess. It will be hard to get a quality candidate to accept that position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

IUPUI Jaguars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Notebook: Injuries force USD players to miss out (Mar '14) Mar '14 Andrew Thoseby 1
News IUPUI beats Ball State 77-68 (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
News iupui (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
The next George Hill: RON PATTERSON (Feb '08) Sep '12 br supporter 10
News OSU men's basketball: Sullinger scores 40 in vi... (Dec '10) Dec '10 par5vin 6
News Ohio State-IUPUI preview | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '10) Dec '10 Clint 3
6'1" PG Austin Richie (Sep '10) Sep '10 INBRecruits 1
More from around the web