IUPUI's Hunter up to his ears in donated shoes

IUPUI basketball coach Ron Hunter got his pedicure, his game victory and, as a bonus, more athletic shoes than he'll ever be able to carry to Africa in July. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Who

Ostrander, OH

#66 Jan 25, 2008
anon wrote:
This is just another oppportunity for Hunter to get on the news....
Come on Mr. Obvious----don't be so hateful !
NRA Ray

Indianapolis, IN

#67 Jan 25, 2008
Way to go, Coach!! You make me proud to be a jaguar!
I Love Ron

Marysville, OH

#68 Jan 25, 2008
We Love You Coach Hunter!
You Made IUPUI Basketball get on the map!
Love,
An IU Grad, and an IUPUI Basketball Fan
MMT

United States

#69 Jan 25, 2008
This just goes to show that a man's word displays his character. Coach Ron could have been reluctant to bare his soles on national television. However he looked beyond his own pride and saw the need in a far away place. He connected to that need and displayed the splendor of humanity. Coach Ron I applaud you and the example that you are to us all.
Thank you for caring.
MMT

United States

#70 Jan 25, 2008
The Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Mr. Obvious----don't be so hateful !
He did not have to do what he did. He demonstrated the power of commitment and kept his word. That shows integrity, not pompousity. He is a coach, he did not need a stunt to get publicity. He was keeping a promise. so don't criticize him. what have you done lately.
Way to go

Indianapolis, IN

#71 Jan 25, 2008
Ron Hunter was just on ABC News as their Person of the Week - how awesome for Indianapolis, especially considering the NEGATIVE press our city's been getting lately.
And it's nice to hear a positive story about an NCAA coach, instead of the cheating (or hiring of cheaters), recruiting scandals, etc.
AWESOME FOR INDY!
Way to go

Indianapolis, IN

#72 Jan 25, 2008
Hancock County Native wrote:
It would be nice if he could have thought of poor American children first and had such a turn out and spirit of giving to help our own first. But of course that wouldn't have been PC.
The charity DOES benefit American kids. Yeah, Hunter focused his energy on Africa (because that's where HE witnessed this firsthand).

Hunter does a lot of charitable stuff here in Indy - it just gets no press. I'm not whining - it's just hard to get attention (for just about anything) in a city like Indy. Hunter had to think big, and it paid off.
eastoraange tiptip

United States

#73 Jan 25, 2008
I wish this coach would have gotten shoes for me and my men on terrace and orange, we our probably as poor as the AFRICAN KIDs that got the shoes. what next
Come on

Indianapolis, IN

#74 Jan 25, 2008
eastoraange tiptip wrote:
I wish this coach would have gotten shoes for me and my men on terrace and orange, we our probably as poor as the AFRICAN KIDs that got the shoes. what next
Nice that you have internet access and a computer, though.
Bernard P Fife

Indianapolis, IN

#75 Jan 25, 2008
Now, if we can just find shoes for the needy kids in our own country, in Appalachia, for instance....
Come on

Indianapolis, IN

#76 Jan 25, 2008
"Samaritanís Feet is a humanitarian non-profit organization dedicated to taking a life-changing message of hope to people and equipping the feet of impoverished children in the US and around the world with shoes"

READ THAT - impoverished children in the US and around the world
ahmad

Cairo, Egypt

#77 Jan 27, 2008
hi how are you ?.
Grad

Marysville, OH

#78 Jan 28, 2008
eastoraange tiptip wrote:
Tell mama to quit buying her smokes and Little Debbies so she can get you some new shoes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

IUPUI Jaguars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Notebook: Injuries force USD players to miss out (Mar '14) Mar '14 Andrew Thoseby 1
IUPUI beats Ball State 77-68 (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
iupui (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
The next George Hill: RON PATTERSON (Feb '08) Sep '12 br supporter 10
OSU men's basketball: Sullinger scores 40 in vi... (Dec '10) Dec '10 par5vin 6
Ohio State-IUPUI preview | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '10) Dec '10 Clint 3
6'1" PG Austin Richie (Sep '10) Sep '10 INBRecruits 1
More from around the web