Shoeless coach's feat unleashes aid s...

Shoeless coach's feat unleashes aid stampede

There are 12 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 26, 2008, titled Shoeless coach's feat unleashes aid stampede. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Our position: A barefoot Ron Hunter has given the world of giving a healthy kick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Typo

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 26, 2008
Stint? Didn't you mean stunt?
Brazil Dave

Curwensville, PA

#3 Jan 26, 2008
I have never met coach Hunter nor have I seen his teams play but they if they are as classy as their coach it is no wonder they are successful.
Frustrated

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jan 26, 2008
Isn't it grand to see such positive news for Indy? Sports figures do not always grace headlines with good news! Coach Hunter's dreams for helping children in an impoverished country has been realized many times over! And persons living in other parts of our nation who have never heard of IUPUI will recognize your team as well as your coach! It is so gratifying to see the generosity of people. It is expected at Xmas time. But children's needs extend beyond that season. Thank you, Coach Hunter, for putting you and your university in the limelight!
More

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Jan 26, 2008
Hunter is (OR WAS) a MINOR figure in the sports world, at best, yet he was able to do so much good because of his stature. The editorial stated something I've been thinking too - sports figures command so much attention, and thus have the potential to do so much good.

The flip side - a lot of people in sports/sports entertainment are HEAVILY involved in charities (as was Hunter, before this barefoot deal). A lot of that just isn't reported. The only time I ever hear about the Pacers charity is around Thanksgiving, but I know they do stuff year round. Locals in Bloomington and West Lafayette knew how much Knight and Keady meant for the community - because of their involvement.

More reporting on this stuff, please!
flipper

Evansville, IN

#6 Jan 26, 2008
Coach Hunter, you are a blessing and an inspiration. Small, loving acts can change the world. Good man. I stand humbled by your act of decency.

“close the gate behind you”

Since: Sep 07

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 26, 2008
hats off to Coach .
Bob

Fishers, IN

#8 Jan 26, 2008
I suppose the Star will wait till monday before sermonizing about the legislature. What would we do without their wisdom?(ha!)
Dave

Marysville, OH

#9 Jan 26, 2008
Awesome story!
super411

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Jan 27, 2008
I had to reply because here is a positive story about a Black person and there is very little response. The only flawed part is that these children will outgrow these shoes in time.
your mother

Dayton, OH

#11 Jan 28, 2008
you need sun tan lotion on your feet!!!

great job...we all love you.

stay focus and remember you are a vesel being used by God. continue to pray for his guideance and understanding of his will.
your mother

Dayton, OH

#12 Jan 28, 2008
did you get my oyher post.
My Left Boob

Marysville, OH

#13 Jan 28, 2008
We love ya coach!

Keep on making us proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

IUPUI Jaguars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Notebook: Injuries force USD players to miss out (Mar '14) Mar '14 Andrew Thoseby 1
News IUPUI beats Ball State 77-68 (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
News iupui (Jan '13) Jan '13 faith in facts 1
The next George Hill: RON PATTERSON (Feb '08) Sep '12 br supporter 10
News OSU men's basketball: Sullinger scores 40 in vi... (Dec '10) Dec '10 par5vin 6
News Ohio State-IUPUI preview | BuckeyeXtra (Dec '10) Dec '10 Clint 3
6'1" PG Austin Richie (Sep '10) Sep '10 INBRecruits 1
More from around the web