Alford Says He's Taking New Mexico Job

Alford Says He's Taking New Mexico Job

There are 6 comments on the The Associated Press story from Mar 22, 2007, titled Alford Says He's Taking New Mexico Job . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Instead of rebuilding Iowa, coach Steve Alford will try to transform New Mexico.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

gary

United States

#1 Mar 23, 2007
glade Alford is leaving
gary

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2007
let's get a winning coach
Jim

Odebolt, IA

#3 Mar 26, 2007
A year to late!! Better late then never! The Hawkeyes will win once again!
Tim Eureka CA

San Jose, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2007
Ayear too late...wait, two years too late...wait, three years too late...wait,
Brandon Bean

United States

#5 Mar 27, 2007
BJ armstrong the next university of Iowa Head Coach
Chad

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Mar 28, 2007
I can't blame Pearl, he has a good thing going. No matter who winds up with the job, it's going to be tough to win in the Big Ten. The majority of Iowans
wanted Pearl, now that he is not an option, my guess is the main thrust will be to get ALtman from Creighton. If not him, we may wind up with someone out of left field. The fact is, without the talent, no X and O guy can win here. ALford knows the game, but couldn't recruit to Iowa. THe best recruiter we ever had was George Raveling. WIth his recruits, Tom Davis won 30 games and made it to the elite 8. Davis was the best x and O guy we ever had. We need a recruiter with an assistant that can X and O or vice versa. A tough combination to find, or keep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iowa Hawkeyes Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa to face Indiana State in NIT opener (Mar '13) Mar '13 King Fish 2
News Tyler Smith admitted at UT (May '07) Jul '07 Orange Sky Vol Fan 13
News Iowa gives Lickliter $8.4 million, 7-year contract (Apr '07) Jun '07 Jason 9
News Tyler Smith's father gives approval to Tennesse... (May '07) May '07 billy 1
News KU women overwhelm Seton Hall (Nov '06) Apr '07 Chelsea Ingram 2
News Modest Lickliter Takes Over at Iowa (Apr '07) Apr '07 john parks 1
News Iowa seeks to lure Bruce Pearl (Mar '07) Mar '07 Charter Vol 54