IU victory provides respite from news

IU victory provides respite from news

There are 331 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 16, 2008, titled IU victory provides respite from news. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

White's knee injury is only worry in Hoosiers' 1st victory over Top 25 team Photo Galleries Indiana 80, Michigan St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Seattle Hoosier

Olympia, WA

#1 Feb 17, 2008
First things first - I was so proud to be an Indiana Hoosier tonight after the way that team played. After everything that has happened to them in the last week, and then everything that happened to them in the game (coming out flat and going down 15-4 early; losing DJ with 2 minutes left in the 1st half), I just couldn't have been prouder of the way they kept coming back and digging and clawing and fighting. They played fantastic D for the most part and I seemed to see more movement on the offensive end than I have in a long time. Great great great win!

Sampson: Well, what can you say. The guy probably has to go. It's a damn shame b/c the guy is a helluva coach. But, at Indiana it's not just about winning, but doing it right, so, this latest bit is - and probably should be - the end for KS. Good luck to you.

Purdue: I'm sick of you moron Boiler fans posting on the IU site. Seriously, if anyone ever needed any additional evidence of your complete and all-consuming inferiority complex vis a vis Indiana, one need look no further than your postings here. I respect Purdue's team. They are very very good and are well coached. But the fans ... well, not so much.
Taco in AZ

Gilbert, AZ

#2 Feb 17, 2008
Going to be a good one Tuesday night!
Purdueboiler2001

United States

#3 Feb 17, 2008
I personally can't wait for Tuesday. Should be an excellent game in Bloomington to decide the Big10 Champs between two excellent teams.

On a side note who is the idiot that only scheduled 1 game between Purdue and IU this season? How can you take one of the biggest rivalries in the US and reduce it to one game.
Old Roy

Newport, KY

#4 Feb 17, 2008
Go IU, crush the boils!
TN Hoosier

Lansing, MI

#5 Feb 17, 2008
Good victory last night. Finally a win over a quality opponent. The players should be proud. This should give the Hoosiers a boost of confidence going into the game with the Boilers. I still think we lose that game especially if DJ isn't back yet. Now if we could just get rid of the cheater coach.
jjj

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 17, 2008
anybody seen bob knight i know there is not a chance in hell he would ever step foot in that building again but stranger things have happened.never say never ... could you imagine the uproar that would cause .. i dont know what the players would think but i would love to see it .......any way go hoosiers and win
Lets keep Sampson

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Feb 17, 2008
What a great win! What a great display of love for his players by Coach! So what if he made a few phone calls that he shouldn't have made. At least he didn't throw his chair. He didn't verbally or physically abuse anyone. He has far more integrity than Bob Knight. Sure Knight won three National championships but he also was a total jerk. Sampson is a much better person than Knight and we should all just get off his back. Go Hoosiers!
jim

Ft Mitchell, KY

#9 Feb 17, 2008
jjj wrote:
anybody seen bob knight i know there is not a chance in hell he would ever step foot in that building again but stranger things have happened.never say never ... could you imagine the uproar that would cause .. i dont know what the players would think but i would love to see it .......any way go hoosiers and win
Yeah that would be just great, not......great game hoosiers, I hope dj is ok!
HoosierFan in Seymour

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2008
Lets keep Sampson wrote:
What a great win! What a great display of love for his players by Coach! So what if he made a few phone calls that he shouldn't have made. At least he didn't throw his chair. He didn't verbally or physically abuse anyone. He has far more integrity than Bob Knight. Sure Knight won three National championships but he also was a total jerk. Sampson is a much better person than Knight and we should all just get off his back. Go Hoosiers!
He did it. Not the fans. The fans were great last night, and the players were great last night. What happens to coach now is of his own doing.

If he is allowed to continue, the university and the program are in danger of significant penalties. Do you want that for the players?
Laffin In Texas

AOL

#11 Feb 17, 2008
Great game for the players. I love IU and always have. For that reason I say fire Sampson and Greenspan and clean the house. There's no room for cheaters at IU

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#12 Feb 17, 2008
Old Roy wrote:
Go IU, crush the boils!
Thanks Roy. We now will win....and it will be all your fault.

“Play more golf!!!”

West Lafayette, IN

#13 Feb 17, 2008
The war is on. Let's hope its a good, hard fought game!!!!!! Hail Purdue!!!!
Ref

Mattoon, IL

#14 Feb 17, 2008
"He is the reason we came to Indiana." Finally, a statement from Eric Gordon that we can believe.
Indiana Fan 4 Life

AOL

#15 Feb 17, 2008
WTG Hoosiers!!!!!!!!! I loved Tom Izzo's expressions every time his guys screwed up.
Next victim in line? PU R Due... I used to have a button had a cartoon figure guy on it with a Purdue shirt on...had a metal screw threw his belly.
That said it all LOL ( aka screw Purdue) LOL Go HOOSIERSSSSS beat the farm kids

“Small dose of common sense.”

Since: Dec 06

Indianapolis

#16 Feb 17, 2008
Too bad some extra phone calls, a backpack and a t-shirt will probably break up one helluva a ball club. At the very least, a win against the scrub toiletmakers will salvage what appears to be a lost season.

Get better soon DJ. Let's go Hoosiers!

Purdue sucks.
Clermont Hoosier

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Feb 17, 2008
Even Dicky V has stopped listening to himself. "Jim" Heathcote?

I've never heard him vilify a coach for 2 hours. I almost felt sorry for Kelvin. Vitale has historically been loyal to the coaches. He's kissed up to the dirtiest coaches in the NCAA. Kelvin broke a few rules but he didn't kill anyone. Sheesh.
Dan the Fan

Mount Vernon, OH

#18 Feb 17, 2008
What can I add - the players said it all last night. It's just a darned shame this incident taints an otherwise quality bball team that represents the school so well.

Please get well DJ. We need you!!!

As to naysayers...is this a quality win for this team or what?

Go Hoosiers

“Play more golf!!!”

West Lafayette, IN

#19 Feb 17, 2008
Indiana Fan 4 Life wrote:
WTG Hoosiers!!!!!!!!! I loved Tom Izzo's expressions every time his guys screwed up.
Next victim in line? PU R Due... I used to have a button had a cartoon figure guy on it with a Purdue shirt on...had a metal screw threw his belly.
That said it all LOL ( aka screw Purdue) LOL Go HOOSIERSSSSS beat the farm kids
Hey, I've still got my screw IU button & my POTFH button!!! Go Purdue, beat the hilljacks. It should be a great game.
Jimbo PU77

Crown Point, IN

#20 Feb 17, 2008
It will be a good game Tuesday, but I don't think it will decide the big 10. IU is still looking at some tough road games and Purdue will probably have to win out. I think Wisconsin is in the drivers seat. If Purdue wins they will only have a one game lead, if they lose 3 teams will be tied with 2 L's.
Sadly, even if IU wins the Big 10, they will probably have to give it back because of Sampson.
Both IU and PU are fun to watch and both have very tiresome fans on these posts,
Get a life and just root for your team and quit badmouthing the other.

“Play more golf!!!”

West Lafayette, IN

#21 Feb 17, 2008
La Maze Johnson wrote:
Too bad some extra phone calls, a backpack and a t-shirt will probably break up one helluva a ball club. At the very least, a win against the scrub toiletmakers will salvage what appears to be a lost season.
Get better soon DJ. Let's go Hoosiers!
Purdue sucks.
Are you a mid-wife? Your name sounds like you teach birthing techniques dude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web