IU overcomes 26 turnovers to beat Min...

IU overcomes 26 turnovers to beat Minnesota

There are 27 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 17, 2008, titled IU overcomes 26 turnovers to beat Minnesota. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indiana Hoosiers are so much more than Eric Gordon. D.J. White had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Lance Stemler hit a crucial 3-pointer to lift the ninth-ranked Hoosiers to a 65-60 victory over Minnesota on ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tough place to win

Depoe Bay, OR

#1 Jan 17, 2008
Williams Arena is not an easy place to win, and especially this year with Minnesota playing some decent basketball. I know it seems strange to a lot of people, but this Minnesota team must be respected. It's been a while since I've been able to say that!

The win gives IU more road conference wins this year than all of last year.
old roy

Marysville, OH

#2 Jan 17, 2008
IU is 4 and 0, purcrap fans, suck on that. p.s. thank you lord for making minny miss half they 22 freethrows. final four is for sure now, god willing.

Since: Jul 07

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2008
3 and 0 on the road in conference. What a gutsy team to pull out this win after 34 minutes of sloppy ball. 26 turnovers yes, but a 16 rebound advantage.

Double DJ is on a roll. Best big man in the Big 10.

Go Hoosiers.
Craig

Indianapolis, IN

#4 Jan 17, 2008
Hoosier haters please tell us how this victory means nothing, and Minnesota isnt that good, and then throw in something about the RPI or SOS. But once again IU wins. I know you'll have something so please go right ahead....
Dave

United States

#5 Jan 17, 2008
That was the sloppiest game I've seen in a long time and my Hoosiers still won. Once they start playing smarter, they are going to roll up some double digit victories. I couldn't stand the telecast though, had to put the TV on mute and listen to music. Really enjoyed Stemler hitting a big shot and Crawford had his best game since Kentucky.
what

United States

#6 Jan 17, 2008
Hate to break up the usual IU-PU hatefest in the comments after every game...but it is good to see both schools representing the state very well in the Big 10 and whooping on all those other scrubby teams!
Future IU Student

Evansville, IN

#7 Jan 17, 2008
Tough place to win wrote:
Williams Arena is not an easy place to win, and especially this year with Minnesota playing some decent basketball. I know it seems strange to a lot of people, but this Minnesota team must be respected. It's been a while since I've been able to say that!
The win gives IU more road conference wins this year than all of last year.
I could not agree more. I think any Indiana fan knows not to overlook a Tubby Smith led team, he is a great coach (I'm sure all UK fans disagree). I'm thankful Minnesota missed at the line so many times and I'm sure they're thankful EJ had a night where nothing clicks.
Glass houses

United States

#8 Jan 17, 2008
Big ten referee's suck, ESPN announcer's suck, had to turn on 97.1 to listen to the game!! Good teams find a way to win, even when the're playing like freshmen!

Go Hoosiers!

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2008
I know that other's are thinking the same of AJ Hackliff. What is his problem a hacking a 3-point shooter? This is like the 4th time so far.

He may be a good defender, but his numbers suggest otherwise. I think he has been over-rated for 4 years.

Also, Dave mentioned Stemler and Crawford, but Jamarcus played another strong game with 9 boards and 6 assists. Not meaning to downplay Stemler or Crawford.

“Macte Nova Virtute”

Since: Dec 07

Bravo Battery

#10 Jan 17, 2008
Glass houses wrote:
Big ten referee's suck, ESPN announcer's suck, had to turn on 97.1 to listen to the game!! Good teams find a way to win, even when the're playing like freshmen!
Go Hoosiers!
Don Fisher & Todd Leary are the only way to go during IU games. I always mute the TV talking heads for they add nothing to the game and take everything away from it. Make Don & Todd your IU game habit and you'll enjoy yourself a lot more.
Chef Daddy

Evansville, IN

#11 Jan 17, 2008
Nice win in a tough road environment, but this is no final four team. But isn't it about time to relegate the Big Vomit conference to mid-major status and make this a 2 bid league every year. This conference is terrible at the major sports. The big 10 network needs to fold because the secret will get out that there are no good teams in the conference. Enjoy the ride IU, you might be the best team in a crap league, yippie!
Where is Alex Lifeson

White Haven, PA

#12 Jan 17, 2008
You think we hear some excuses from him today on this forum?

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2008
Alex is still coma-drunk after a stunning, once im a life-time road victory Wednesday over IOWay
Purdue Grad 07

West Manchester, OH

#15 Jan 17, 2008
Congrats Hoosiers... way to pull out a win on the road in the Big Ten. Especially when you probably played your worst game of the season... Good luck.
Notice that I'm not hating on you guys... so not all boiler fans are "purcrap" fans old roy... just breathe man and everything will be alright
Togs

AOL

#16 Jan 17, 2008
A few people have said that this was a sloppy game, and there were quite a few unforced turnovers. But Minnesota played very tough, scrappy D. They were all over the floor, running after every ball, and slapping at every pass. I was very nervous about this game and I'm just glad that we left with a win. On to 18 - 1 going into Wisconsin.
indy hoosier

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Jan 17, 2008
Well I'd say considering that being our worst performance, a horrible game by gordon (definitely needs to improve his decision making), how well minnesota plays us at the barn every year,the gopher fans, the undeniable wretched calls by the refs and we still came out with the W?

With that kind of play I'll take a W anyday, props to Lance, D.J., and Jordan for steppin up for the team. We're just gonna keep getting better.
Thomas

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 17, 2008
That building usually gets us and we've sure played a lot uglier games up there. We even went on a nice run with DJ and EJ on the bench. That was the first home loss for tubby's crew. I think a lot of teams aren't going to make it out of there with victories.
Mike

Miamisburg, OH

#19 Jan 18, 2008
Chef Daddy wrote:
Nice win in a tough road environment, but this is no final four team. But isn't it about time to relegate the Big Vomit conference to mid-major status and make this a 2 bid league every year. This conference is terrible at the major sports. The big 10 network needs to fold because the secret will get out that there are no good teams in the conference. Enjoy the ride IU, you might be the best team in a crap league, yippie!
You are comical. If you think the league sucks so much, why don't you follow another league and team.

What a dork!!
Regret

Ft Mitchell, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2008
The crap is between your ears, not in the conference. Please don't share your thoughts anymore.
Chef Daddy wrote:

Since: Dec 07

Mount Vernon, OH

#21 Jan 18, 2008
Purdue Grad 07 wrote:
Congrats Hoosiers... way to pull out a win on the road in the Big Ten. Especially when you probably played your worst game of the season... Good luck.
Notice that I'm not hating on you guys... so not all boiler fans are "purcrap" fans old roy... just breathe man and everything will be alright
On behalf of most Hoosier fans "Thank You"! We can all be good gents and ladies when State of IN teams play. Some folks just take things too seriously. Old Roy is a clear loose cannon - his idea of fun is pulling legs off grasshoppers.

IU should be thankful for MN's poor FT shooting. Tubby needs to settle them down - too much emotion shown after a few shots made - don't celebrate until the game is over and won.

Refs are human too and want to put players like EG in their place - he needs to get used to it. Refs did much better job in 2nd half - still too many touch fouls called. Let players beat the c**p out of each other then call a slight bump? Makes no sense.

A road win, as opposed to road kill. I'll take that any day in the B10.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tarrant County Constable Precinct 8 Democrats (Feb '08) Jun '17 CountyPhart 4
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web