Sideline experience

Sideline experience

There are 406 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Feb 20, 2008, titled Sideline experience. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Hoosiers assistant has background to fill in as coach, if needed Tom Wood Subaru Visit Tom Wood Subaru at 96th Street and Keystone Avenue for Online Specials on New and Pre-Owned Subaru vehicles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
Pride

Marion, IN

#1 Feb 21, 2008
What about Butler's coach? What would it take, to far fetched? Could recruit Indiana kids, and big time talent also. Good, knowledgeable young coach, with a very bright future! Any chance?
Hoosierdaddy

United States

#2 Feb 21, 2008
At least the article could have mentioned Dakich is best remembered for guarding Jordan and did a fantastic job.
I Am A Strange Loop

Ashburn, VA

#3 Feb 21, 2008
Jamie Dixon, Pitt

--IU Hoosier in Virginia
Gertrude Clavine

Louisville, KY

#4 Feb 21, 2008
Dan's the man.
Mr Soupley

Fort Thomas, KY

#5 Feb 21, 2008
No way Dakich is qualified. He failed as a head coach. If this happens, IU goes way down. This could be the darkest day in IU basketball.
Mike

Estero, FL

#6 Feb 21, 2008
Why wouldn't Mark Few from Gonzaga make a viable candidate.That was my choice before the Sampson hire. His track record speaks for it's self.
Scott Gorman

Sarasota, FL

#7 Feb 21, 2008
I think the list is a bit lacking....what about Indiana home-grown Michael Broughton, worked his way through the IHSAA ranks, winning the State championship at Jeffersonville, the becoming an Assistant at Nebraska under long time coach Barry Collier before going to where (he's currently there) he has built a strong program at Southern Nazzarene University. I strongly suggest Coach Broughton....integrity....a winner, and knows basketball!
HOOSIER FAN

Delaware, OH

#8 Feb 21, 2008
I just don't want Greenspan in charge. Things need to be different this time.
Kokomo L

AOL

#9 Feb 21, 2008
Steve Alford
rjbd

Marysville, OH

#10 Feb 21, 2008
Seems to me Tony Bennett from Washington St. should be on a viable list, and Tom Izzo and Pat Knight not on the above.

“Butler Wins, Butler Wins!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Plainfield

#11 Feb 21, 2008
Mike wrote:
Why wouldn't Mark Few from Gonzaga make a viable candidate.That was my choice before the Sampson hire. His track record speaks for it's self.
He was offered the job before Sampson and turned it down. It was something of a embarrassment for IU. I agree though, he'd do a great job no matter where he went.

“Butler Wins, Butler Wins!!!!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Plainfield

#12 Feb 21, 2008
Kokomo L wrote:
Steve Alford
He's an excellent X and O's coach, but a horrible recruiter. He was completely out recruited while at and would be a huge mistake for IU.
Pacercolt99

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Feb 21, 2008
Dakich would be as bad a hire as the new football coach was. So, with that in mind and considering recent I.U. hirings, I.U. will probably do it.

I.U. needs to go out and just get the best guy available. He doesn't have to be part of the "IU FAMILY". I.U. fans need to figure out there is a big world outside of their little island in Bloomington.
purduefaninca

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 21, 2008
yeah right... giv4e Izzo a call... i'm sure he'd come running at the chance. you idiot.
Richard

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 21, 2008
Why not Ron Hunter from IUPUI ??????????
Pete

United States

#16 Feb 21, 2008
Jay Wright , Villanova
Bart

United States

#17 Feb 21, 2008
Scott Drew -- Baylor
Barkley

Stow, OH

#18 Feb 21, 2008
What about Thad Matta at Ohio State? Had Davis left before TM accepted the OSU job, he commented that IU has always been his dream job.
Jag

Batavia, OH

#19 Feb 21, 2008
Richard wrote:
Why not Ron Hunter from IUPUI ??????????
This was my first thought too. Possibly the best college coach in the state.
Indy Bruiser

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 21, 2008
I was at IU the same time as Dakich and wasn't impressed with his character then. People can change but they don't change that much. He would be a horrible choice for head coach at one of the elite programs in the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web