Former Prep star faces charges

Former Prep star faces charges

There are 34 comments on the GoErie.com story from May 28, 2008, titled Former Prep star faces charges. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

The reputation of one of Erie's young sports stars is now clouded by criminal charges that he and another former football player sexually abused a woman in a University of Iowa dorm in October.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Love Freedom, Thank a Soldier”

Since: Feb 08

Erie,PA

#1 May 28, 2008
Sounds to me like Iowa coaching staff may have known about the situation in October, why did it take so long for the charges to be filed?
Mr Obvious

Cleveland, OH

#2 May 28, 2008
I hope the allegations are false. If not it's just another slap in the face for Erie and a waste of talent by Satterfield. Iowa seems to recruit Erie high schools heavily the last ten years, I hope we don't go backwards due to this incident.

KHP33 you may be right. It seems a little fishy that he was removed from the team for undisclosed reasons and transferred, like everyone hoped this would just go away.
MCR

Canton, OH

#3 May 28, 2008
Didn't this kid get a scholarship? What a waste.
the uncola

Erie, PA

#4 May 28, 2008
Mr Obvious wrote:
I hope the allegations are false. If not it's just another slap in the face for Erie and a waste of talent by Satterfield. Iowa seems to recruit Erie high schools heavily the last ten years, I hope we don't go backwards due to this incident.
KHP33 you may be right. It seems a little fishy that he was removed from the team for undisclosed reasons and transferred, like everyone hoped this would just go away.
Welcome to Big Time college football. "Dismissed for violating team rules" can mean many different things.
Mr Obvious

Cleveland, OH

#5 May 28, 2008
the uncola wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to Big Time college football. "Dismissed for violating team rules" can mean many different things.
I know, just don't want to believe it's true, when it hits so close to home. It's always some kid from somewhere else. I feel sorry for the victim if this comes out to be true, and won't feel sorry for the players. If they did it shame on them for squandering a free education and committing a crime as disgusting as sexual assault.
Guy down the street

Ashtabula, OH

#6 May 28, 2008
Mr Obvious wrote:
How is it a slap in the face for Erie? The city didn't raise this guy, his parents did. He's a grown man and must stand on his own two feet, whether ready or not.
the uncola

Erie, PA

#7 May 28, 2008
Guy down the street wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it a slap in the face for Erie? The city didn't raise this guy, his parents did. He's a grown man and must stand on his own two feet, whether ready or not.
AMEN TO THAT. An excellent comment.
lakerman1

Waterford, PA

#8 May 28, 2008
Please wait for all the facts. Remember a few years ago at Mercyhurst College, a young man football player- was accused of raping two female students.(after a late-night party)
He was acquitted. Apparently the jury believed the football player, and not the two young women.
Sometimes, after a sexual encounter, the woman has regrets the next morning. Let's not jump to a duke lacrosse conclusion without all of the facts.
Whatever

Edinboro, PA

#9 May 28, 2008
Everybody is taking about the young man, but have you all stop and thought about the character of the young lady involved. As far as I know this young man has never been in any trouble. What do you know about the young lady?
So until you get all the facts lets not be to judgmental.
Guy down the street

Ashtabula, OH

#10 May 28, 2008
Whatever wrote:
Everybody is taking about the young man, but have you all stop and thought about the character of the young lady involved. As far as I know this young man has never been in any trouble. What do you know about the young lady?
So until you get all the facts lets not be to judgmental.
Re-read you own comment-you're judging the woman involved, while chastising others for jumping to a conclusion. In your eyes, a hooker can't be raped, only sweet, virginal little Mary Church-goer can? The character or reputation of a victim of a sexual assault is not relevant. This is a variant of the lameass excuse priests gave when confronted with accusations of molestation.
Cheese with your whine

Erie, PA

#11 May 28, 2008
Like in any big school if something bad were to happen the school would try anything to shield itself from it and cover it up to protect its image.

I don't know or care if the person refered to in this story did anything wrong or not. I am only pointing out a fact based on what I know and have witnessed first hand when I went to college.
the uncola

Erie, PA

#12 May 28, 2008
lakerman1 wrote:
Please wait for all the facts. Remember a few years ago at Mercyhurst College, a young man football player- was accused of raping two female students.(after a late-night party)
He was acquitted. Apparently the jury believed the football player, and not the two young women.
Sometimes, after a sexual encounter, the woman has regrets the next morning. Let's not jump to a duke lacrosse conclusion without all of the facts.
not this time.
Mr Obvious

Cleveland, OH

#13 May 29, 2008
<quoted text>
No kidding. What I mean is if it is true when they blast it on CNN and ESPN it still reflects the name ERIE in a negative light. When you say Prep, they say did you go to school with the rapist. That's all I'm saying. If he did it, he'll be worrying about getting assaulted himself.
Mark

Warren, OH

#14 May 29, 2008
once again it prove you can take the boy out of the hood but not the hood out of the boy
Amen

Edinboro, PA

#16 May 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Re-read you own comment-you're judging the woman involved, while chastising others for jumping to a conclusion. In your eyes, a hooker can't be raped, only sweet, virginal little Mary Church-goer can? The character or reputation of a victim of a sexual assault is not relevant. This is a variant of the lameass excuse priests gave when confronted with accusations of molestation.
No, I am not judging. But it is what it is. No I didn't say a tramp can't be sexually assualted. You all are slandering him and you don't know if the allegations are true. They are just allegations. So until we get the facts just keep our comments. Why is it when a women claims rape that the man is automatically found guilty. We all know that college life consist of lots of easy women. They sleep around then they claim rape when their associates finds out they are not the Mother Teresa they claim to be. Do you know the whole story? Thought not. Lets be kind until.
citigirl

AOL

#18 May 29, 2008
I blame the liberals!
:(
K Mac

United States

#19 May 29, 2008
<quoted text>
Not to mention he sullies the good name of Prep....
Guy down the street

Ashtabula, OH

#20 May 29, 2008
Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am not judging. But it is what it is. No I didn't say a tramp can't be sexually assualted. You all are slandering him and you don't know if the allegations are true. They are just allegations. So until we get the facts just keep our comments. Why is it when a women claims rape that the man is automatically found guilty. We all know that college life consist of lots of easy women. They sleep around then they claim rape when their associates finds out they are not the Mother Teresa they claim to be. Do you know the whole story? Thought not. Lets be kind until.
My comment wasn't in response to anything you said; it was to someone named "Whatever". Of course, you may have several aliases, for whatever reason.
Guy down the street

Ashtabula, OH

#21 May 29, 2008
citigirl wrote:
I blame the liberals!
:(
But you're a liberal. Don't you recall your argument a month ago that libs are afraid of god? And you, being a believer in god surely obey his commandments, one of which is to fear him. So, in order to follow your god, you must fear him, which of course, in your eyes, makes you a liberal.
citigirl

AOL

#22 May 29, 2008
You forget...I'm a brainwashed idealogue who is spoon fed right-wing propaganda. I have no ability to think for myself!

:( citi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Hanner Mosquera-Perea Headed to the Bench? (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mike Williams 1
News Iu Ad Glass lays down the law on misbehaving ba... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Marv 1
News Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Indiana Basketball: Mixed Preseason Predictions... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Mike Williams 1
News Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News Sheehey To Begin Professional Career in Europe (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
More from around the web