Gophers prep for a beatable foe in Indiana

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Gophers football team could take a big step toward a bowl game with a win over Indiana on Saturday at the Metrodome.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2008

Judged:

There will be no putting lipstick on this pig if our guys do not win this one. Mason never lost to IU in the Dome.
Carl Spackler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

IU is also a better program now than when Mason was coaching - outside of Randle El, their roster is better top to bottom than in the late 90's to early 2000's. But I do agree, this is a needed victory or I could see the Big Ten schedule spiraling out of control.
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2008

On a spin standard of 1 to 10, that one Carl, is about a 7.

"outside of Randle El their roster is better top to bottom..."

Is it really that they are so much better or we are so much worse? The loser of this game will be much favored to finish last in the Big Ten.
timmah brewster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Hey Marcus, The last big ten for the gophs was not michigan state... it was Iowa in the dome which sent us to Arizona... Come on now.. you should be able to get this right... It is your job after all.
Carl Spackler

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

The Loon wrote:
On a spin standard of 1 to 10, that one Carl, is about a 7.
"outside of Randle El their roster is better top to bottom..."
Is it really that they are so much better or we are so much worse? The loser of this game will be much favored to finish last in the Big Ten.
Both - but at least I got you to admit in an article a couple weeks ago that Mason's recruiting his last 2-3 seasons was poor and that is why our roster has only sprinkles of upperclassmen who see the field - regardless of who you want to blame for that (Maturi, admin, alumni - certainly you wouldn't blame Mason for shooting someone if you saw him pull the trigger). We still should beat Indiana tomorrow with our roster of freshmen and sophomores, but the Indiana program today is in a much better place than it was 10 years ago.
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

Carl, just stick to the truth. 10 juniors. 6 seniors. One true freshman starting out of the 24 starters.

I could not care less about Mason if I tried. What I do care about was all the lying that went into firing the man. Remember how the borders were going to be shut down? How about how there was no reason why we should fall to the bottom of the Big Ten? My personal favorite was the 'no more late game meltdowns'. I've got 22 more if you would like me to list them for you.

Perhaps it would be a good thing for me to do if we don't win tommorrow.
Wisconsin Ted

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2008

The Loon wrote:
Carl, just stick to the truth. 10 juniors. 6 seniors. One true freshman starting out of the 24 starters.
I could not care less about Mason if I tried. What I do care about was all the lying that went into firing the man. Remember how the borders were going to be shut down? How about how there was no reason why we should fall to the bottom of the Big Ten? My personal favorite was the 'no more late game meltdowns'. I've got 22 more if you would like me to list them for you.
Perhaps it would be a good thing for me to do if we don't win tommorrow.
How many of the Juniors are junior college transfers? Stick to the truth.
Carl Spackler

Inver Grove Heights, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

The Loon wrote:
I could not care less about Mason if I tried.
Right.
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

A junior is a junior.

Carl, it is your philosophy, not mine, that makes gods or demons out of coaches. Mason and Brewster both have smelly poo poo.
The Loon

Lindstrom, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

I thought you knew about our win. Odd.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indiana University NCAA Discussions

Search the Indiana University NCAA Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Oakville basketball stars choosing different paths May '14 Stephen Sutton 1
NBA Rookie Projections: Cody Zeller (Sep '13) Mar '14 arja4444 2
Beat writers discuss Indiana-Purdue game Feb '14 arja4444 1
College basketball roundup: Northwestern cashes... Jan '14 LTW 2
Indiana Basketball: Biggest Lessons Learned in ... Jan '14 LTW 1
Rookie Projections: Trey Burke (Aug '13) Aug '13 Alien Truth 3
NBA Draft: What Philadelphia 76ers Fans Are Hop... (Jun '13) Jun '13 King Dyce 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••